• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Do you feel that you're able to "stay sharp" while high?

Depends on how much I smoke. If I get only a little bit high, I will function like normal but be slightly more retarded. When I get baked af I can't properly walk, talk, nor hold my damn head straight.

I've been fully functional for the last 8 years with my normal state being slightly high. I've changed jobs 3 times moved an amazing 5 times, from poverty to a six figure income.

I dont really think i care if its sharper or just far less incumbered mentally but it works for me. If i smoke it i get a bit too high but edibles dont get me as high and last for 8+hours. My work is socially challenging and physically demanding. I am far better at it high after 30 years of experience.

I am a temp worker but i do it on a foreman level. Currently im overseeing a multishift production facilty that makes special dietary needs products. Training , scheduling and evaluation of equipment performance and utility, with a healthy dose of old fashioned labour along side the staff. I last usually 3-6 months and then on to the next place. Weed helps me make this work. Weed does not help me with paper work. I was never good with paper and i am not better high. I can, however write amazing reports stoned with insight into business that gets me called back and recommended.

I am the opposite of a couch potatoe when i eat weed but i am a bit of a potatoe if i smoke it.

Its funny for me since its different often, I might smoke a joint and im high as shit, laughing at everything and just being goofy. Focus is not good, hard to do task like washing dishes or even playing games. Next day I might do the same and it s sometimes different experience, im high, fantastic feel in the body and even head high, but still somewhat clear thoughts. Its odd to me how it varies like that even when using the same strain and method. Some days are different.

It depends on the strain. Some energize and help focus, others make you really stoned.

These days my tolerance is so low and the usual bid or extract I encounter is so strong on average that any more than a couple hits has me quite effected. I generally don't partake if I'm likely to be driving soon after as it tends to make me very anxious and dulls my reaction (or at least seems to) to a point where I feel as if I may freak out. I've pulled over and waited for the most intense part of the high to pass on a few occasions.

Nope, I was an Information technology manager and I would never have gone to the office stoned. I did try and work from home stoned a couple of times, That didn't work out well. I struggled through the meetings and got dick done.

I retired in February and am renoing a house with my wife. If I wake and bake, then nothing gets done but if I have tasks set up that are simple and repetitive, I will smoke a joint, shit like painting, splitting wood, cleaning stuff. But shit needs to be set up, if I smoke and then go get the pressure washer, I'm fucked. I get to chasing butterflies. Once started I am on it though.

On one hand I can focus better, on the other hand I forget silly things all the time.

It also makes me lazy. Not good for work.

I'm a daily smoker, whos been smoking for about 3 years. Smoke about 3 or 4 bowls a day. I still feel decently high when I toke, and where I work it doesn't seem to have much of an impact expect mellowing me out. I still feel sharp and alert. I can hold normal conversations and complete all tasks at hand without much difficulty. The only thing I noticed is that I will forget things pretty easily while high.

Yeah, I could even smoke before I work. I don't though because it sucks. I find weed makes boring shit more boring, and fun stuff more fun.

The obvious but honest answer is strain and dosage. Cannabis Sativa with less as more allows for normal concentration.
Cannabis Indica has never allowed me to concentrate; that's tough considering most of my friends like Indica but I only like Sativa.

Last edited:
like the person above me pointed out, and im sure probably 10 others have as well, it boils down to mostly variety, but also method of ingestion (edibles, vaping, bong, concentrates, throwing fresh harvest onto a fire and dancing around it, etc., etc.), and especially health/ mindset have a lot to do with it.

for instance: if i have a cold with sinus congestion, i tend to get more disoriented, sometimes to the point of vertigo.

but mostly, FUCK no i cant go to work high. i do a lot of physical stuff in a warehouse and i would consistently screw up hourly until i got fired. so i keep it to a night after work strictly.

Interesting how some people feel that it helps rather than hinder their performance while others believe they are pretty nonfunctional. I think a lot of times I thought I was being really productive when I was high when in reality I'd just had an elevated mood from smoking.

Interesting how some people feel that it helps rather than hinder their performance while others believe they are pretty nonfunctional. I think a lot of times I thought I was being really productive when I was high when in reality I'd just had an elevated mood from smoking.

Cannabis is a highly subjective substance I believe because of the sheer variety of strains and array of cannabinoids within each flower. Additionally, everyone has different brain chemistry especially when we look at the endocannabinoid system. I practice mindfulness, so when I use cannabis, it simply relaxes me and helps me to function in a different and creative state.