• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2017-2018 NCAA College Basketball

Ds

Bluelight Crew
College Basketball coach's going to jail.

Well, i didn't know how to really word it, has anyone been keeping up with the news on this? Apparently the fbi had arrested several basketball coachs, and more will be reveled. All over something to do with Adidas paying players to attend college at the school Adadias sponsors, paying families up to $150,000! This is pretty crazy because I live in Louisville and the head basketball coach is resigning today at noon over all of this, and the LV Cardinals was a pretty good team.

Any thoughts on whats going on?

Louisville should be ashamed it took them this long to get rid of Pitino. He's a great coach and I respect him for what he has done on the court and especially what he did for UK...but seriously? Scandal after scandal, no one at Louisville cared because no one fears the NCAA. But now that the FBI comes in all of a sudden you care. That's great... way to take a courageous moral stand!

I hope they clean house and bring in someone respectable. As big of a UK fan as I am, I don't want to see the entire program at Louisville go down for this. And I'm not a hypocrite. IF anything like this were to happen at Kentucky I will be the first one in line with my pitchfork. The players and the school come before any one coach.

It's funny that Auburn is involved. There basketball program is a laughing stock

I agree, i was told that they are stripping the football star that won the heighsman?trophy from louisville cards, its really a shame.

Lol cj! I know, i was like,wait?auburn?loll just glad uab blazers or the crimson tide was in any of that mess.

Apparently UK has not been contacted by the FBI or anyone else. Hopefully that means we are in the clear. Now we can get on with another impressive season that falls short in the end.

Apparently UK has not been contacted by the FBI or anyone else. Hopefully that means we are in the clear. Now we can get on with another impressive season that falls short in the end.

Ehh can't win em all especially with the variance of the NCAA tournament

i predict gophers will be ranked 24th in preseason

i believe that they should be ranked 17th, considering selection committee had them ranked 18th and they return big ten def player of the year, 1st team big ten PG and 3rd team big ten PF along with mr. basketball in state of NY freshman isiah 'jelly fam' washington and get a forward back from injury who missed all of last season, he's a tex a&m transfer, his teammates talk him up big time, 6'7 an outside shot....bad news is 6th man soph PF/C eric curry is out for season, good news is he picks up a red shirt and will come in handy

they will hold their spot in the top 25 throughout the entire season and big ten is going to have another great season with minnesota, michigan state, michigan, northwestern, maryland, iowa and purdue looking like the conf's top teams (first google search brought me to site that has gophs 8th best team in conf8)

wisconsin and IU suck

Kentucky has its youngest team ever and for Kentucky that is really saying something. One of our future draft picks is injured as well. My guess is we will lack size and focus but have sporadic moments of brilliance. We will play in an underrated conference full of experienced and tough players who pack their gyms when they hear UK is coming to town. We will get seeded behind teams who didn’t beat anyone of consequence all season and get knocked off by UNCAA (see what I did there) in a game officiated by John Higgins.

glad I got that out of my system.

Regular season is just a few days away! What’s everyone thinking going into this year?

Q27Tx0S.jpg

Wow, that is a pretty tough early season game... hopefully Rick Jr. isn’t weighed down by the actions of his scummy father. UK had a close game against Vermont yesterday. They are an experienced tournament team. I was glad we had to play a tough game before Kansas tomorrow.

Wow, that is a pretty tough early season game... hopefully Rick Jr. isn’t weighed down by the actions of his scummy father. UK had a close game against Vermont yesterday. They are an experienced tournament team. I was glad we had to play a tough game before Kansas tomorrow.

84-72 GOPHS

god damn it feels good to get what will more than mikely be a top 50 RPI road win so early in the season

down 4 in 2nd half and put providence in bonus with 17 minutes stil left on the clock, but since they're legit nobody fouled out and they just crushed providence down the stretch - jordan murphy might steal a big ten POY off bridges

i think gophs can have an unbeaten non conf schedule and be a top 3 team in da USA

^Congrats. UK did pretty well against Kansas, I thought. One of their guys was injured, but two of ours are as well. Everyone was expecting them to hang 30 on us, but they played tough til the end of a really close game. They know what it feels like now to play against a big time team now that’s older than them in a tough environment. And so the season long learning process begins. Who knows where we will be by conference play, better yet, March.

congrats to Grayson Allen as well. Terrible human being and one of the dirtiest players I’ve ever seen, but great shooter.

nah, it was on stadium TV aka facebook and i was exhausted

i'm not concerned they melted down 5-3, cause wtf nobody practices that - just glad they were able to dominate the 5-5 game

love this early in season already with a road win (providence) and neutral court win(bama) vs likely 7-11 seeds in NCAAs
get to play at arkansas 12/9, that could be another RPI top 50 road win - totally expecting gophers to be a 3 seed at worst. these kids are bad mother fuckers

i will be watching tomorrow #12 gophs vs #11 miami

i'm expecting william's arena to be 1997 crazy and jordan murphy to go off the hook like he's been all year (been big ten player of week 3 straight weeks, averaging 23 and 13)