• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Increased neurotoxicity via higher dosages of MDMA due to rapid metabolism of CYP2D6?

evasolo

Greenlighter
Hello there!

I have spent a few hours researching this subject (which have lead to the background information below). I have however not been able to find answers to the things that I was looking for so I’ll try my luck here (I have read the mega-thread about why MDMA does not work properly for me).

Anyways, I believe that I am one of the 1 % of the caucasians that are ultra-rapid metabolizer of the enzyme CYP2D6, which means that I experience less effect of MDMA compared to the general. I have taken it five times (with more than one month apart) and on all occasions I have experienced minor effects (a bit more sharp/awake, a bit happier but far from experiencing the euphoria that most people describe). This was also the case my first time (when my remaining friends were tripping quite hard).

I do not take any SSRIs, I’m in "full health”, both physically and mentally, BMI around 22, at least 4 weeks have passed since each intake. Nor I have ever experienced any negative side effects from it (I feel better the day after MDMA compared with a night of four beers)

Last weekend I took the same E batch as some of my friends, starting with the same dose as the others (2/3 of the tablet which were tested by us to contain 220mg MDMA), so around 145mg (https://pillreports.net/index.php?page=display_pill&id=37291). After about 1h it had hit for all my friends but I just felt minor changes, after another 45 minutes, I took another 1/3 but did not notice any difference then either. 2,5h after the first intake I took an additional half tablet (so a total of 330mg) but did not notice any difference. 3h after the second intake, I felt no effect at all. While all my friends were clearly very affected of it.

I had a minor meal 2h before taking, drank around 50cl water per hour, sodium every two hours and multivitamins/magnesium supplement every 3 hours to minimize the risk of hyperthermia, salt-imbalance and neurotoxicity. Did not drink alcohol, did not smoke nor took any other drugs during the night. Afterwards I could conclude that I did have a little effect since I experienced increased energy, a little more love for people around me, and that the music was a bit better - and that I had minimal jaw tension the following day (otherwise no AT at all)

I have promised myself that I should not take any drugs other than MDMA, so it feels like I am being a bit ”left out” when hearing all the stories of how amazing it should be, compared to what I have felt so far. So I have some questions based on my hypothesis that I am an ultra-rapid metabolizer of CYP2D6, I have very poor knowledge of chemistry and biology so I hope there are more experienced people here that can help me (and I am sorry if the questions are super basic for the average Joe chemist):

A "simple" solution to my problem is to try to take more at the same time. But I do not really understand how it works with AT / neurotoxicity when it comes to being a ultra-rapid metabolizer. Assuming that I do have the enzyme defect; will the body ”take care” of all the MDMA immediately? Or is it like I am not experiencing that much positive effects but I am still getting all the negative stuff from taking more? Let’s say hypothetically that I take a 200mg dose, will I then ”experience” positive effects of lets say 80mg but my body still has to cope with the negative effects of taking 200mg? Or would it even out that I ”only” get the negative things from the amount that actually seems to be taken up by the body (~80mg)? As I mentioned previously I have never felt any negative effects of it.

I was also planning to changing my route of administration next time from oral to plugging which I've heard should increase the bioavailability, but I assume I would still "phase" a "similar" problem with the ultra rapid metabolizer since I assume these enzymes are not just in the gut? Irregardless of ROA it would go through the liver/CNS anyways?

Do you have any other suggestions that could enhance the effect of the pill? Will probably add grapefruit juice and Noopept next time as well.

Thanks in advance,

I have promised myself that I should not take any drugs other than MDMA, ,

Just FYI, MDMA isn't the perfect drug. Moreover, it's proven to be neurotoxic. So, I don't think you're missing out too much anyway. But about your case.. I'm not exactly sure; it could be related to metabolizing the said enzyme as you said.

Assuming that I do have the enzyme defect; will the body ”take care” of all the MDMA immediately? Or is it like I am not experiencing that much positive effects but I am still getting all the negative stuff from taking more?

I would assume you still need to be careful about how much substance you put into your body. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Still.. I don't understand what you find so special in MDMA.