• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Photo Contest Round 393: FESTIVE! (Voting Closed)

Photo which do you like?

• CFC

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • tpd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genetic Freak

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • JahSEEuS

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Sadly a little paltry selection wise this season, but I certainly know who I'm voting for, and it ain't my entry :)

1. CFC

uTDOVxM.jpg

2. tpd

3. Genetic Freak

nZVn2zj.jpg

4. JahSEEuS

--------------------------------------------------

This round's theme is Festivus!, suggested by our reigning Decaymeister malakaix!

Show us your turkey! Whether it's vegan tofurkey or shameless bacon wrapped monstrosity, we want pictures. Hanukah, Christmas and New Years shenanigans are fun - let us live vicariously through you!

Now taking your submissions! Submit to the heartless rulers of the dearest of all the Internet forums, LAVA!

LAVA Photo Contest Rules

1. This contest is open to everyone, regardless of equipment and skill level.
  2. Submissions will be taken until January 31st .
  3. Voting will be open from February 1st to the 14th .
  4. Photograph or variation of a photograph cannot be recycled from previous rounds.
  5. Photographs must be your original work.
  6. Only one photograph may be entered per contest per member.
  7. Post your photo in the the form of an image, not a link to click on.
    • To insert an image, host the image on a 3rd party site and post it using the picture button or this code [IMG]...[/IMG].
    • Those who wish to participate in sharing full versions of their entries may do so by providing a link to the full sized version in the same post as their entry.
    • Please be sure the dimensions of your photo are not obtrusive when displayed.
  8. This month, the winner shall be crowned and known throughout the land (of BL) henceforth as Festivemeister.
  9. Don't be a dummy! Vote and don't vote for your own photo. Make it fun and pick a favorite from your worthy competition.

previous thread here

Become our new Festivemeister just in time for the winter holidays!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a turkey dinner, it's Prague at Christmas, but I figure it's still 'festive' so...

uTDOVxM.jpg

I love Prague, it's such a beautiful city :)

Had thanksgiving with some venerable and lay friends from school and my mom and an old family friend this year. Very low key, which I definitely appreciated. Here's one of the picks some of our party made as we strolled around the botanicals gardens after the celebratory meal.

That would be my mom and I.

It's a beautiful warm loving season, let's see your great shots of gatherings and lights. I'll take some of my town centre. Don't get too excited, oors is pretty rubbish but I'm gonna try to get to George Square soon. Beautiful imo.

Updates OP :) Extended submissions until just after New Years. Enjoy.

I'll try to come up with something for this but drawing a blank so far.

This isn't a turkey dinner, it's Prague at Christmas, but I figure it's still 'festive' so...

Prague is probably the only city in Europe that makes me feel like I've been transported back to the renaissance era. It's just simply stunning in the winter. Awesome photo!

Despite suggesting this theme I can't offer much in the way of 'festive' unless I take a picture of a beach or something since it's just hot and dry in this part of the world at the moment. I guess I could find something unique.. actually I'll see what I can do before the deadline.

FESTIVE PHOTO IDEAS:

• Christmas trees
  • Winter scenes
  • Decorations
  • Festive food
  • Snow scenes
  • BBQ, beach, sun, blue skies (like an Australian/NZ/SA Xmas)
  • Families
  • Religious iconography
  • Religious buildings etc
  • Christmas festivals
  • Festive traditions/scenes
  • Shopping/gifts
  • Alternative Xmas/festive celebrations
  • Celebrations in non-Christian countries
  • Etc

Tons and tons of potential options folks. So get your pics out :)

I'm totally waiting for some snow to fall around here so I can get that perfect Northeastern Festive Photo.

Didn't see this until after Thanksgiving day dinner or I woulda snapped some proper photos from the fam.

good work everyone.

Get those cameras working and share some shots peeps!

1cc3de2c62135968657b8bf0ab306fd1.gif

taking-photot.gif

giphy-4.gif

IdioticMeekAlaskanhusky.gif

^ That tree looks really good! Did you get all the gifts? ;)

hey thanks, lol nah, not big on receiving gifts these days...

P much everyone in the families stuff.

When are we voting on these?

hey thanks, lol nah, not big on receiving gifts these days...

P much everyone in the families stuff.

When are we voting on these?

LOL yeah we run on BL time right? I'll set it up tonight or tomorrow for sure.