• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

caffeine safe with mdma?

Inds

Bluelighter
Guys, my anxiety is getting out of control and my work performance is suffering. To avoid going back on that Buspirone garbage I decided to take caffeine pills so I can be focused and better able to concentrate at work. How well will this mix with doing mdma on the weekends?

for hr reasons mixing stimulants isnt generally a good idea

I don't plan on mixing them together per se, but if I take a 24-hour break from caffeine pills will it still cause problems when taking xtc the next day?

I would just like to re-emphasize what the above BLer wrote, I would make sure the caffeine is out of your system. You seem like you have a lot of anxiety. It could be a good idea to get to a professional to talk about this, be it a primary doc, a psychologist or a psychiatrist.

You said a while ago that you have schizophrenia. Stimulants are well known to make schizophrenia worse in the long run. A short term high is not worth it. I would avoid recreational drugs.

There seems to be some consensus in the psychiatric/neuroscience community that trying to medicate schizophrenia early on with appropriate meds is important, because as the disease progresses it is harder and harder to treat.

If you seperate medical conditions, th34en caffeine pre mdma or caffeine with mdma is rather unconcerning and not uncommon.
Ecstasy tablets often have other impurities mixed within, caffeine often a common inclusion.

Or said differently. An mdma dose can actually benefit if in a highly energetic environment from the inclusion of caffeine if dosed sensibly.
So, 100 mg of mdma with 90- 120mg of ceffeine is not uncommon in pills, nor a bad mix.

However, if you are less tolerant of mdma or have ,medical concerns, then you may need to reconsider mdma use. Let alone its common adulterants such as caffeine

Cotcha Yankinov, I have a pending appointment with a psychiatrist but it's been months without an update on when I'll be signed up so it's like, whatever.
I know that stimulants are bad for me and they've never worked out for me minus one good MDMA trip but I just need something to stay focused in work which is why I opted for the most baggage-free stimulant I could think of that works: caffeine.
And it is too late to treat my underlying condition because those bastards are the ones that fucked me up throughout my childhood in the first place. Before schizophrenia is identified biologically, treating it is a game of firing random shots in a crowded mall hoping you'll hit the mosquito. All they have are tranquilizers which basically disable you to the point of drooling retardation. Believe me, it's a game even less worth playing than recreational drugs.

Wiserthanearlier, I only plan on taking 25mg caffeine. That's how much there was in an unrelated medication I was taking to treat flu symptoms and that specific day I was flying at work, super-alert and everything. So if 120mg is what it takes to boost most people, I guess I do have a sensitivity to caffeine. I never drank coffee in my life after all. To be on the safe side, I guess I will take a 2-day break from caffeine before rolling.

Other medical conditions aside, there's no reason that the combo should be a problem (assuming someone isn't taking absurd doses of either one obviously).

If you're having that much trouble with anxiety and work performance though, using MDMA would be the last thing I'd be thinking about as it's likely going to make both of them worse after use.

Use drugs when you are in a healthy state both physically and mentally. Any attempt to use them otherwise likely isn't going to end well.

And it is too late to treat my underlying condition because those bastards are the ones that fucked me up throughout my childhood in the first place. Before schizophrenia is identified biologically, treating it is a game of firing random shots in a crowded mall hoping you'll hit the mosquito. All they have are tranquilizers which basically disable you to the point of drooling retardation. Believe me, it's a game even less worth playing than recreational drugs.
While only about 35% of people who display the "prodromal" symptoms of schizophrenia will go on to develop full blown schizophrenia, I still think psychiatry is in the right to attempt appropriate (both in terms of medication and dosage) medication of prodromal symptom displaying patients (there is of course room for different diagnoses other than schizophrenia).

Judging by your writings, I'm certain you are not beyond help, but if you are still young and do indeed have schizophrenia, know that the disease of schizophrenia can progress to the point where it is very difficult to manage with medications.

I understand that medications aren't perfect, but it can take some time to find the best fit for you. There are many asshole doctors out there - don't lose hope of finding a good one. Try to stay away from short term fixes like MDMA. This be my advice.

All the best,
CY

ADubbs! Havent seen you around, are you feeling any better? I wont mix on the same day but honestly I might not go on a daily caffeine pill intake because today it gave me a stomachache for 2 hours during work.

Cotcha, I have adapted and gotten most aspects under control, except the paranoia. Not all of them are negative, some are an advantage while others (the paranoia especially) are a huge liability. Honestly, the best therapy for me was running away from home at 15 and never looking back. The independence and earning it for myself was the most therapeutic euphoriant no drug could ever give me but the drawback is the social isolation which deprived me of a lot of feedback. More often than not I will first notice the behavior of people around me change way before I realize that something I'm taking is actually affecting me or that I'm experiencing a change in personality and so on. Getting back my affect and killing my social anxiety is one of the reasons I started doing MDMA but I underestimated just how far the glow can extend, especially from a bad trip. Perhaps I also made a mistake by insisting on rolling alone.
I am scheduled to see a psychiatrist but there's no threshold on when this will come thru so it will happen sometime this century but that's all that's certain. :D

If you seperate medical conditions, th34en caffeine pre mdma or caffeine with mdma is rather unconcerning and not uncommon.
Ecstasy tablets often have other impurities mixed within, caffeine often a common inclusion.

Or said differently. An mdma dose can actually benefit if in a highly energetic environment from the inclusion of caffeine if dosed sensibly.
So, 100 mg of mdma with 90- 120mg of ceffeine is not uncommon in pills, nor a bad mix.

However, if you are less tolerant of mdma or have ,medical concerns, then you may need to reconsider mdma use. Let alone its common adulterants such as caffeine

Don't know if it's debunkend but didn't caffein raise the oral availability of MDMA drastically? Can't seem to find it.

And this was also kindashocking about the effects of caffein during MDMA on hyperthermia and serotenergic loss. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188283 and this http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.02065.x/pdf

I wonder if combining the 2 is as safe as presumed?

Don't know if it's debunkend but didn't caffein raise the oral availability of MDMA drastically? Can't seem to find it.

And this was also kindashocking about the effects of caffein during MDMA on hyperthermia and serotenergic loss. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16188283 and this http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1476-5381.2012.02065.x/pdf

I wonder if combining the 2 is as safe as presumed?

I took a quick look at the studies linked, the doses of MDMA used were between 10 and 30 mg/kg, meaning something like 0.75 grams to over 2 grams for a 75kg person.
Plus 10mg/kg caffeine, meaning 750mg for said 75kg human.
And this was repeated daily, between 1 and 4 times per day.
I don't know if rats methabolize MDMA and caffeine in such a different way that those dosages affect them in a way that is similar to lower doses for humans, but that is between 5 and 15 times more than what is considered relatively safe to assume once every 8 weeks.

If anybody is informed about MDMA metabolism in rats it would be useful if they could help us translate those dosages to human ones.

Rats have proportionately bigger livers and kidneys, so 1mg/kg for us is like 4mg/kg for them. I personally don't trust animal studies. They aren't people so why should I trust the same to happen to me what happens to them.

Also, it doesn't say if rats.were given the drugs IV or oral.

uh, Mdma and caffeine are a match made in heaven. There is no worries on this. Have fun.

Side note however: Using caffeine a lot in general, and then rolling can diminish it ever-so-slightly. Just because your brain is used to the "uppity-ness" of stimulants. Try to abstain from caffeine for a day or so before a roll.

It's fine to mix them as long as you're not doing too much md. I had a couple energy drinks whilst rolling and I'm still here to talk about it.