• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What Have I Been Missing?!?!?

ThomasD

Bluelighter
Been smoking bud for a solid 2 years now. I certainly get stoned, and tolerance has definitely taken its tole. However there's something I need clearing up, I can't find anything similar ANYWHERE on the internet. So... I can get high, but it seems to be different. I feel a strong physical sensation, a mild loss of balance, ALL the medicinal effects including suppressed nausea. If I smoke enough, i'll eventually feel the desire to eat, and once I start, I cannot stop. So, what's so different about my high then? Well, I have NEVER, since I first started using, had a mental change. At least not significant enough to be noticable, even on extreme doses. If I smoke more and more, I just end up more sedated. I never feel 'uplifted', my mood never really improves, I get NO cognitive dysfunction on weed and never have.

I could do everything on weed I do sober, if not BETTER due to decreased 'noise'. My mind doesn't accelerate nor slow down, same thing goes with my perception of time. My senses don't seem 'enhanced' (and yes i've tried countless strains don't even bother going there). But this is also not due to tolerance, I never noticed any changes when I first began using either. I remember laughing for no reason but not actually feeling happy, and I'd occasionally get CEVS with music, but apart from that nothing is different to now. It really bothers me... I could honestly smoke a 4 gram joint and feel the same as from a .5. Not due to tolerance, but because all that changes is my body - becoming more sedated. But even on stupid doses, no noticable cognitive changes. Whats going on with me?

Use a vaporizer, smoking honestly isn't that "weird" I have functioned while smoking ridiculous doses of cannabis (4-6 grams a day or equivalent in hash/wax) before. I use less now but that's because I'm not trying to get an acid trip or morphine high from weed anymore. Simply smoking some pot does not make you feel like you're "fucked up" usually people who get really out of it are hypersensitive to cannabis or drinking/ tripping/ rolling/high on other drugs in conjunction with their weed. Some people are so hypersensitive to cannabis they get panic attacks or feel like they can't remember anything at all when they smoke. Honestly I'd rather be a bit hard headed than not be able to enjoy smoking vaping and eating cannabis due to it being to strong.

It's also worth noting that everyone has unique reactions to cannabis in general and also to particular varieties of cannabis. Smoking weed tends to convert a lot of THC into CBD and CBN and additionally a lot of smoke is created which creates a groggy sort of hazy feeling which vaporizing and edibles lack. Some people actually complain about not getting these effects when they switch to another route of administration from smoking since they enjoy them.

As far as getting the most out of cannabis for what it is (which is amazing I love cannabis) I definitely recommend starting to use a strong vaporizer. Smoking bud is a grounding activity for the most part it calms and induces appetite, helps you destress. Vaping can create much more uplifting, energetic psychedelia, regardless of strain.

When I started smoking pot I realized that I am sort of a hard head when it comes to getting high on phytocannabinoids (the external cannabinoids found in plants.) My whole group would be fucking mentally looping and laughing and shit and I would just sit there 8 bong bowls to myself feeling "better" and "pretty good man" but like I could easily have gone to work, class, dinner with my parents or girlfriend. I'm sure they would have noticed I was high because I would well, be high, but I wasn't "feeling it super hard" as they say. When I started vaping these once missing or "muted" effects not only appeared, they were the most pronounced aspect of the high: (stuff being colorful, funny, feeling like life is a dream and everything is a ok, a warm uplifting floating sensation like opiods but better in my opinion.) Vaping even to this day this happens like every time, and now I get these psychedelic effects from smoking because vaping constantly in addition to eating cannabis in coconut oil has saturated my system with THC so smoking any amount of weed, or vaping, or eating cannabis now just kind of acts as a top up.

I really recommend expanding your routes of administration with cannabis. Since doing so myself four or five years ago smoking has become almost purely a quick fix, last resort, or social sort of deal. The odd joint or few bong hits are more a nostalgic indulgence of where I started rather than my go to way to get a nice cannabis buzz. Now for putting my ass to sleep or getting really hungry, smoking a bowl is the way to go, but you already get those effects, so I'm just trying to help you understand that that's just kind of what smoking a bowl does for people who aren't particularly sensitive to lower doses of cannabis products.

Last edited:
I haven't even used that much but I can tell you after abstaining for at least a week, my euphoria/mood lift is way more pronounced than even just the third day of 3 days in a row.