Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Best doctors in perth to deal with drug issues with

tamiyafan

Greenlighter
Hi all thanks for allowing me onto the site. I have chronic pain issues from early onset arthritis (Spine/hips/knee) in my 30's and now in my 40's I find myself hooked on codeine products just trying to manage life and work on a daily basis. Other treatments never helped with it and with the changes coming to restrict codeine I am worried for my future.

I need to get off the codeine I realize that but I need help to do it as I keep failing to stay off it because even after weeks off it in the past the Arthritis pain becomes such an issue I end up back on it. After looking into methadone and suboxone I think it's the best path to take with getting off codeine but also long term treatment of my pain even if it's just a small dosage each day.

Still I feel ashamed at my predicament and don't want to risk getting a bad doctor who will try and push me into other treatments that I more than likely have already tried to manage the pain issues and just want to find a doctor that will help me on the path I want to take and then reassess as we go.

So if people have a doctor they trust and recommend in dealing with drug dependency issues could you please give me their details (PM to me if you are not allowed to post in forum) Thanks.

Oh I am NOR Joondalup way in perth so doctors in the NOR area would be handy.

Hi. Welcome to Bluelight.

We aren't allowed to ask for Doctors here so your post will be modified.

Things are really going to change when Codeine becomes prescription only in February.