Strained/torn left trapezius is not healing up

abzlove

Greenlighter
I have injured (strained or torn) my left trapezius over a year and half ago while doing cable pull down exercise. I relaxed too soon on the last set as I was releasing the weight (160lbs), at that time i felt my left trapezius muscle overstretch or it could have been the muscle layer underneath it. At that time I continued exercising thinking it was no big deal and that it would heal up soon. I noticed weakness in that area as I was doing other exercises and then had to stop.

Since then I have tried resting for 3 months first then trying two different physical therapies, trigger point injection and now recently botox injection (1 month ago). MRI of the neck and branchial plexus (where left trapezius is visible) were done. There was no cyst, edema or muscle atrophy, results were basically normal.

Now it has been over year and half and the injury still hasnt healed 100% to where i can go back to lifting heavy weights, running etc. I have been consistenly stretching and doing light exercises. It has been very hard mentally.

My PM said that botox was the last treatment option.

I'm now thinking about maybe trying Anavar 20-40mg a day since its very mild on HPTA for 3 months to see if that will help heal the injury. I'm very cautions about this as I dont want to risk messing up my endocrine or any other system. Also with anavar hair loss is a concern for me since its DHT derived.

Any thoughts on all this and how to get it fixed?

Thanks

So what exactly are the symptoms you are experiencing? Weakness was really the only one specifically mentioned.

Anavar isn't mild on the HPTA and is going to shut you down like any other steroid. You're on a steroid forum so if you wanna run gear, I'd just say run gear.

As far as healing goes, I'm an extremely strong proponent of growth hormone as it has helped me heal injuries that nothing else could in such a short time it's almost unbelievable and same with friends. It's the only thing that healed my tricep tear and got me back to 100% and I've seen it heal fresh muscle tears on friends that were predicted to take months and only took a few weeks. Also part of the same reason that ACL tears used to be career ending in pro sports and now it's a 6 month recovery.

Nothing on the planet can heal like growth ime. Second best for me personally was BPC-157 and TB500 combo

Yeah you haven't really explained what the problem is. Are you just weaker, are you in pain, etc? And was the lat actually torn? If so, how severely? How much scarring is there? How much deep tissue massage and physio/rehab work have you had?

So what exactly are the symptoms you are experiencing? Weakness was really the only one specifically mentioned.

Anavar isn't mild on the HPTA and is going to shut you down like any other steroid. You're on a steroid forum so if you wanna run gear, I'd just say run gear.

As far as healing goes, I'm an extremely strong proponent of growth hormone as it has helped me heal injuries that nothing else could in such a short time it's almost unbelievable and same with friends. It's the only thing that healed my tricep tear and got me back to 100% and I've seen it heal fresh muscle tears on friends that were predicted to take months and only took a few weeks. Also part of the same reason that ACL tears used to be career ending in pro sports and now it's a 6 month recovery.

Nothing on the planet can heal like growth ime. Second best for me personally was BPC-157 and TB500 combo

Yeah you haven't really explained what the problem is. Are you just weaker, are you in pain, etc? And was the lat actually torn? If so, how severely? How much scarring is there? How much deep tissue massage and physio/rehab work have you had?

So I have pain in me left trapezius area, the pain usually gets worse by the end of the day. Basically any movement involving my left lat invokes the pain in that area. For example bending and lifting my head up usually aggravates the pain, raising my left or both arms, sometimes turning my neck to left or right as well. The MRI results did not show any tear/strain nor muscle atrophy or swelling so at this point I can only assume by the feeling how I felt at that time which was overstretch/mild tear of the muscle.

I have tried PT and deep tissue massage for two months, but have been doing PT on my own all this time 1.5 year pretty much since the injury except first three months of rest. This injury wont let me train for muscle mass which would include regular heavy weights nor I can run(it also hurts).

Running gear full mode is kind of risky at this point because if after the cycle i dont recovery fully and the injury wouldn't heal then i would be stuck on trt and unable to even train properly. That is why i'm cautions even with Anavar at low dose as i'm not sure if it even help me here.

HGH is a little extreme for me. How were your results with BPC-157 and TB500 combo, any side effects and what injury did you use it for?

Last edited:
The BPC and TB500 was okay, gave me some decent improvement over rest and physical therapy but still not close to growth. Why do you say HGH is extreme? After this length of time (and I would have resorted to it much sooner) if it hasn't recovered then I wouldn't even think twice about it. Essentially no risk in terms of sides or longer term repercussions like AAS. Couple hundred bucks and most likely back to 100% in a matter of weeks would be a no brainer to me.

Guess I'd put it this way, I would not be at all confident in anavar to heal it (although it could) and implications with the endocrine system are real. From that perspective I'd say anavar is much more extreme. Don't have any of that with growth

The BPC and TB500 was okay, gave me some decent improvement over rest and physical therapy but still not close to growth. Why do you say HGH is extreme? After this length of time (and I would have resorted to it much sooner) if it hasn't recovered then I wouldn't even think twice about it. Essentially no risk in terms of sides or longer term repercussions like AAS. Couple hundred bucks and most likely back to 100% in a matter of weeks would be a no brainer to me.

Guess I'd put it this way, I would not be at all confident in anavar to heal it (although it could) and implications with the endocrine system are real. From that perspective I'd say anavar is much more extreme. Don't have any of that with growth

I will look in The BPC and TB500. Did you have any side effects? What was the issue you used it for?

At this point I'm trying to address one specific muscle in the body, though anavar might also not be best choice its something that I'm exploring whereas HGH has significant affect not only on muscles, but also on organs and bones. Enlarged heart, intestines, head and jaw could all be as a result of HGH use which makes it extreme for me.

Has anyone tried stem cell therapy with any success?

I used it for a torn tricep.

As far as growth, you do realize the doses and duration to cause those side effects are not even remotely in the same ballpark as what someone would take for healing, right?

Every other option you're considering is either less effective, more costly, or has a higher risk of sides than growth hormone IMO/IMO