• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Cannabis and Oxycodone - A great pain reliever

Eggecellente

Greenlighter
Any other CP sufferer's out there try this combo? I've found that a bowl packed with some nice Indica and about 40mg does the trick for me, it seriously numbs me out. Obviously sedation and couch lock hits even harder, but it seems like a relatively safe and effect form of pain management. I've been experimenting with different strains and dosages to provide the best relief with the smallest amount of sedation possible, will try to report back what I find.

I'm not too experienced with Sativa strains, is there any one in particular that strong pain killing quality? Something like Harlequin is the only one that comes to mind. When I judge the effectiveness of my pain relief, the level of sedation and my ability to continue functioning play a big part.

I have no idea. Some of the legal state members will have to give you advice on that one.

I assume indica heavy strains would be best for achieving a decent body high though.

Last edited:
I find cannabis increases my discogenic back pain. whether on opiates or not

cannabis will syndergize well with potent opioids to maximize pain relief in ways the oxy couldn’t do on its own

definitely a great combo.

i’ve only done it a handful of times which is probably better for everyone

I find cannabis increases my discogenic back pain. whether on opiates or not

I find this too. Im not diagnosed with anything but Im 40 and a life of working on my feet gives me quite a few aches and pains. Weed definitely makes me notice it more.

I understand exactly what you guys mean. When the pain is strong and just smoke the weed it enhances the visceral aspects of the pain and makes me think about it a lot more, it's hard to explain. It just makes me notice the suffering almost in a thought loop, though this is quite rare for me. Since my pain is both visceral and neuropathic, others might have a different outcome. You could say I use oxycodone for the visceral pain relief and weed as an adjunctive reliever of the neuropathic/inflammatory side of the pain.

There's very few options for people with neuropathic pain and unfortunately I myself get this nerve pain in my hands and feet. Aside from pregabalin, no drug has helped with cannabis being a notable exception. Cannabis dissolves the pain and allows me to reduce my dose of pregabalin. My plan is to try a few high CBD strains by growing them out myself. I've got my eye on Dinafem's 'Dinamed' strain, a strain high in CBD and non-psychoactive due to THC levels being low.

Last edited:
I have chronic pain in my thoracic spine that is excruciating at times and I have had it for 7 years throughout my 20's. I developed a severe addiction to opiates and am just getting clean. I started on 40mg oxy daily but my last relapse I blew through 200 pills in a week. I haven't sniffed any H since July but I had a 5 year habit of that. It completely destroyed my spirit and everything in my life. I live with the pain now, I did a lot of cleaning today and I am in agony at the moment.

My pain is extreme and I just take turmeric supplement for it, a great anti-inflammatory. I am getting medical cannabis too now and I find dabbing really helps, but I am a relatively old school stoner and like my joints best. Oxycodone, at this stage of the progression of the disease of my soul, will ruin my life in a single day. It will leave me absolutely full blown suicidal and bedridden in withdrawal for an entire week after a single day of use. The drug disgusts me, and I really think there are better ways of managing chronic pain than using that fucking garbage. Way too many people get addicted, and parents are burying their kids every day. Fucking FUCK opiates and opioids, they pretty much stole my entire 20's away.

That stuff made me retarded too after a few years. It completely stole my drive for creativity, my drive for sex, my drive for anything but the drug and I couldn't quit for so long because the withdrawals are ferocious. Chronic pain patients are particularly susceptible to opiate addiction, even over recreational users in my opinion. I am much happier since I quit even though I live with pain that makes me pass out sometimes it is so bad. My creativity is flourishing and I'm happier than ever before to be myself. A pothead and turmeric user. Really working harder than ever before on my electric guitar, which I hadn't touched practically in years because on opiates I eventually just did not give a fuck about anything at all. It took a couple years to really get me, but using that shit has been the biggest mistake of my life and my greatest regret. Had to block the fucking pharmacy from being able to give me them as I kept relapsing every prescription day. Honestly just fuck that shit, it nearly killed me so many times.

That shit just causes opioid induced hyperalgesia over time anyway. Actually increases pain over time.

I have chronic pain in my thoracic spine that is excruciating at times and I have had it for 7 years throughout my 20's. I developed a severe addiction to opiates and am just getting clean. I started on 40mg oxy daily but my last relapse I blew through 200 pills in a week. I haven't sniffed any H since July but I had a 5 year habit of that. It completely destroyed my spirit and everything in my life. I live with the pain now, I did a lot of cleaning today and I am in agony at the moment.

My pain is extreme and I just take turmeric supplement for it, a great anti-inflammatory. I am getting medical cannabis too now and I find dabbing really helps, but I am a relatively old school stoner and like my joints best. Oxycodone, at this stage of the progression of the disease of my soul, will ruin my life in a single day. It will leave me absolutely full blown suicidal and bedridden in withdrawal for an entire week after a single day of use. The drug disgusts me, and I really think there are better ways of managing chronic pain than using that fucking garbage. Way too many people get addicted, and parents are burying their kids every day. Fucking FUCK opiates and opioids, they pretty much stole my entire 20's away.

That stuff made me retarded too after a few years. It completely stole my drive for creativity, my drive for sex, my drive for anything but the drug and I couldn't quit for so long because the withdrawals are ferocious. Chronic pain patients are particularly susceptible to opiate addiction, even over recreational users in my opinion. I am much happier since I quit even though I live with pain that makes me pass out sometimes it is so bad. My creativity is flourishing and I'm happier than ever before to be myself. A pothead and turmeric user. Really working harder than ever before on my electric guitar, which I hadn't touched practically in years because on opiates I eventually just did not give a fuck about anything at all. It took a couple years to really get me, but using that shit has been the biggest mistake of my life and my greatest regret. Had to block the fucking pharmacy from being able to give me them as I kept relapsing every prescription day. Honestly just fuck that shit, it nearly killed me so many times.

That shit just causes opioid induced hyperalgesia over time anyway. Actually increases pain over time.

This frightens me as I feel I’m in same place. Stopped taking Dilaudid 9 days ago and feel so anxious, stressed, scared, depressed all the time. So much regret even though it was prescribed and I took it as directed. Can you offer any advice?