• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Scared to take CBD!

Mighty-oak

Bluelighter
A very strange one here!

I am on 2 different benzos and 1 ssri for anxiety/agoraphobia as prescribed, have been for the last 18 years. I read that CBD oil can ease anxiety so I ordered some. Now I have it I am too scared to try it, what if it makes me worse as now read some cannabis can make anxiety worse. If I try it and I do feel more anxious how long will the feeling last?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cannabis and CBD are not the same thing. CBD from my experience kills the effects of THC. But as always start low and work your way up.

Yeah CBD is useful for fighting anxiety. A lot of people I know who get anxious when they smoke will take some CBD to calm them down. It counter-acts the cerebral/headyness of the high and is just relaxing.

You won't get anxious from CBD, guaranteed. I've used it relatively extensively, and as someone who gets anxiety extremely easily with weed, it hasn't sparked even a smidge of it. The anxiety with weed comes solely from the THC, not the CBD.

Thanks greatly for the helpful replies. Is it ok to use CBD oil whilst on benzos? I am currently doing a very slow taper off Klonopin (Clonazepam) and experiencing some nasty withdrawal effects even though my taper is very slow. Symptoms are.....Very bad anxiety, dizziness and muscle aches. I wonder if CBD may ease these symptoms, or could they make the withdrawal symptoms worse?

Yes CBD is ok to take with benzos and during withdrawal. I personally use CBD to help with nausea and IBS, so I can attest to its benefits there. CBD is strange because while it's not psychoactive, it does make me think more positively. Some claim it's an anxiolytic, like benzos, but I don't find it nearly as powerful in that regard, though that's not a bad thing either, basically all the no-fucks-given mistakes I've made where because of benzos not CBD.

Although I doubt it based on my experience, i've heard of people getting high from the CBD strain called Charlottes Web

I'm led to believe the anxiolytic effects of CBD are exerted through its effects promoting muscle relaxation. Its anti-inflammatory effects calm the body, which has an effect on the mind. I'm pretty sure this is why it's said not to be psychoactive but can still be used as an anxiolytic.

Although I doubt it based on my experience, i've heard of people getting high from the CBD strain called Charlottes Web

Not surprising, Charlotte's Web might not contain much THC, but still usually has trace amounts, and that says nothing about the umpteen other cannabinoids and terpenes that are present in the strain.

Just FYI I recall the only real study I've seen on CBD for anxiety shows you need several hundred mg for significant anxiety relief. In CBD oil or bud this amounts to probably tens of dollars a dose for quality products.

It definitely helps anxiety at even 10mg without a tolerance. It's not something that's going to overpower it, though, it's more of a helper.

Nah, for the most part CBD is the narcotic/anti-psychotic/anti-anxiety component and THC is the psycedelic/dissociative/stimulating/cerebral/pain relieving/euphoric component.

CBD is not even psychoactive. From my experience, taking a dab of CBD is simply a 5 second soothing rush, but it's mostly placebo effect. It is good for inflammation and seizures. It might even increase social openness slightly. Definitely just calms some of the anxiety associated with THC.