• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

November Getting/Staying Clean/Sober Thread, v Holiday Gatherings & Dazed Blatherings

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really need to get working again. ive gained 30 lbs in 3 months. work will slim me back out

Yeah man. Every day is a small victory

It won’t feel like that at first.

Feels like eternal soul torture

But it’s a good thing.

Precisely! It does feel like torture sometimes, and it’s been over two years. But it’s totally worth it.

A week and a half now no smoking! Only vape. It is amazing how much better the vape technology is now than five years ago when I first tried it. So much more enjoyable. I’m super happy vaping instead of smoking now.

It isn’t perfect by any means, but it’s amazing how much of an improvement switching has been. Don’t have to worry about being self conscious because I stink of cigarettes, my sense of smell is coming back and my teeth are even starting to become less stained. In just one week! Awesome :)

Does anyone have any plans for thanksgiving? Lol I forget is I already asked that but whatever 8)

Congrats on quitting smoking tpd...
That one took me a while to kick too..but im over 3 years now.

Funny the legal substances have proved the most challenging for me to quit

its because their everywhere. you cant go anywhere without seeing cigs or booze. only thing ever got me to quit was dope was more important at the time

finally got a call back on a job tonight. thank goodness, i was getting ready to fall off my rocker with 3 months off work. and they do random drug tests so some incentive to stay clean

Precisely! It does feel like torture sometimes, and it’s been over two years. But it’s totally worth it.

Also, if withdrawal and getting clean were easy, we'd have done it a long time ago, you know?

Going through this really means how strong of a person you are.

Only 5% of people end up staying clean from smoking tobacco (these statistics came out before vaporization became more commonplace; but I have a feeling the actual number didn't and won't change much over time); and I have a feeling heroin, meth, etc. may have similar dismal recovery rates.

Many more people end up dying from overdoses and what not, so it's a spectacular feat. It might not feel like you're an Olympic gold winner or anything but really you're excelling where many other people don't (rediscovering will power, self restraint, etc.).

finally got a call back on a job tonight. thank goodness, i was getting ready to fall off my rocker with 3 months off work. and they do random drug tests so some incentive to stay clean

Congrats! Always so glad to hear this :) Having structure and something productive to spend our time with can be so incredibly beneficial. What is your new gig for?

Hopefully it doesn't cause you too much stress and you're able to thrive with the structure. When it's good god knows it is so incredibly helpful in terms of facilitating forward progress in early recovery.

How do you feel about your new job and the drug testing stuff? That kind of motivation can be super helpful, just as long as it doesn't lead to too much extraneous stress.

its at a local owned auto shop, which is ideal ive always been a gearhead, but havent done alot in a couple years because of my drug use. I'm very excited to get back to work and drug testing i think will help me stay clean

Also, if withdrawal and getting clean were easy, we'd have done it a long time ago, you know?

Going through this really means how strong of a person you are.

Only 5% of people end up staying clean from smoking tobacco (these statistics came out before vaporization became more commonplace; but I have a feeling the actual number didn't and won't change much over time); and I have a feeling heroin, meth, etc. may have similar dismal recovery rates.

Many more people end up dying from overdoses and what not, so it's a spectacular feat. It might not feel like you're an Olympic gold winner or anything but really you're excelling where many other people don't (rediscovering will power, self restraint, etc.).

Absolutely! Thanks CH!

mhh cravings, a lot to do for my thesis and still injured hands. would love to paint/ make music :( but this too will pass :D (I hope, next week osteopathy for my hands/arms,2,5 months now -_- really really annoying)

Work schedule has changed so I have to find another home group :/. Makes me sad as I've had the same for 3 years.
Tobacco free 10 months now and coming around to 6 years clean in January. Life is OK these days though I hate trig/pre Calc. The struggles today aren't nearly as bad as my struggles some years ago.

Work schedule has changed so I have to find another home group :/. Makes me sad as I've had the same for 3 years.
Tobacco free 10 months now and coming around to 6 years clean in January. Life is OK these days though I hate trig/pre Calc. The struggles today aren't nearly as bad as my struggles some years ago.

Leaving a good group is rough. But damn, that's a stack of serious accomplishments. <3

Leaving a good group is rough. But damn, that's a stack of serious accomplishments. <3

When one door closes, another opens. I have a couple other groups I'll transition to and see how I like em. Life will be ok today :)

Can't ask for a better (or more accurate) attitude than that Serotonin :)

I posted a month ago about quitting kratom and subs but didn't go through with it due to cold then my back going out.

I'm 3 days clean of opiates (kratom) and feel good now...just mentally depressed.

I'm worried about my back going out again though as it usually does since have problems and a past surgery...this common occurrence is the thing that makes me think I will never have a life without opiates.

Back from rehab for a week, and life is a weird void of nothingness

45ish days I lost count, it's clsoe to there but I've never been this sober since I was 16

Status
Not open for further replies.