• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lies about nutrition and diet

I agree with the OP in this in that nutrition and diet is WAY oversimplified. I am underweight. I once went on a juice cleanse. I ended up weighing MORE. No matter how much I eat, I cannot put on weight. The "calories in calories out" idea is a gross oversimplification that treats human bodies like machines. The human body is 10000000000x more complex than you or science can comprehend.

i?m looking to complain about how health and nutrition articles are so focused on ?filling,? and this thread is close enough. because they all go on to say how filling will keep your calorie count down, like that?s the ultimate goal.

how full-fat yogurt is better for you because it?s filling and how smoothies are bad for you because they?re not filling.

smoothies are good for you because they?re fruit and vegetables (and whatever additional healthy stuff you put in there like flax seed). these articles go on to list orange juice as an ingredient in smoothies to say they?re full of empty sugar. if the article was trying to be informative instead of bullshitting to support a clickbait headline it would say smoothies are as healthy as their ingredients, which should exclude fruit juice. a smoothie for breakfast will not cause binge eating an hour later. don?t binge eat an hour later.

and non/low fat yogurt has the same good stuff without more than half the daily recommended saturated fat per (a real) serving. the yogurt articles say non-fat yogurt has more sugar and less protein than full-fat yogurt, but that?s not true. garbage big-brand flavored yogurt has more sugar and less protein. the brand of yogurt i buy has the same amount of protein and sugar in their 4 percent milk fat and zero percent milk fat plain yogurt. and the inside label says that non-fat is the true skyr recipie and they add cream to make the 2 and 4 percent milk fat versions. skim milk yogurt is not the nonsense craze that has people eating full bags of fat free potato chips cooked in synthetic lube.

these articles are going for clicks by making contrary claims and then acting like everyone is a mindless binge eater in coming up with their weak support.

articles even use ?filling? to support of common sense healthy eating. talking about how the sugar in fruit is ok because of how filling an apple is. i could eat 10 apples in a sitting and still have room for a sandwich. it?s ok because fruit is full of nutrients and you?d be crazy not to eat it. fruit sugar is sugar. if you drink a bottle of soda later, that plus the fruit means you?ve consumed way too much sugar for the day. you have to cut one. obviously cut the soda. fucking eating fruit because it?s filling.

Last edited: