• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

How Mant Moderate-Heavy Users Live Successful Lives?

Swim15

Bluelighter
This may be a hot button and I don't particularly want to get into a debate on the definition of "success." I'm curious how many people here that are or have been heavy MDMA users (up for debate, probably regular use once a month or more often at minimum or 100+ lifetime doses) ended up with stable, successful lives?

Was reading a thread where people were saying they dropped Friday-Sunday for months or more or similar use and was curious as to the life outcomes for those using a lot of MDMA.

For these purposes in defining 'success', I would say have a bachelors at bare minimum (preferably a grad degree), have a career, are financially stable making at least 6 figures, have a stable family if that's something you want, etc.

*rolls eyes* I'd say one of the main thing MDMA does to you is bring you closer to a less egotistic view of the world. Success is anything that you make it, and you're talking about how well you play social games rather than what's less common in heavy MDMA users, happiness.

A lot of MDMA users, on the heavy side in particular have problably had their run in with anxiety and depression lasting years after discontinuation.

I think the heavier E/psychedelic users inherently tend to not prioritize a standard college -> career path so it may be difficult to say that a lack of college graduate/career oriented past E users means that E was causing that

Completely agree, neither of you guys are wrong. The original question may be somewhat poorly worded and doesn't take a number of factors into account. However, I'm still interested in how many people happen to fall into those categories out of curiosity - wasn't quite sure how to pose it otherwise

If you have a job or school that requires having every ounce of your wit or edge about you, I would avoid once a month use. I used once a month for a year or so but I could tell it was having a negative effect, mainly on my emotions which bled into my work life. Now I use like once or twice a year.

I would use it if I had a week off to recover after just in case I had a rough comedown. Otherwise I feel much more comfortable using psychedelics or dissociatives since they don't have as high of a risk with after effects.

To your question, a successful life can be lost with even just one bad week at work. So its not a matter of an X user attaining a successful life and then keeping it despite continued use. It can be lost at any point.

Last edited:
I would sit close to this criteria. I dont have a grad degree, but am relatively successful in a corporate world.

Howevrr, i would have more behind me in experience ( in my industry) and would command a higher income without drugs in my life.
I have managed but if their was a choice of life that never had drugs involved, i would think it was a better choice.

Ive had fun, learnt lots, but i dont think these experiences were necessary for me to provide for a family....