Life goes on without me

cyberius

Bluelight Crew
Since my overdose I'm recovering very well. I'm miles away from where I was when I got into rehab 23 days ago. I feel very unmotivated though, the very act of focusing is just extremely taxing and I spend my free time smoking and staring into space alone. Is there anything I can do but wait it out? What else is in store for me

While I thankfully didnt OD this time, I did just kick dope 2 months back and struggled with lack of motivation, lethargy, and boredom for about 6 or 7 weeks. I too did very little other than smoking (cigs not weed) and sitting around thinking then spacing out. I know many will say you need to fill your life with things that keep you occupied but to be frank, there was no way that was happening for me. I literally had to talk myself into getting up from the couch to go piss half the time I was so unmotivated. But about a week, week and a half ago things turned around. Now I feel enough like a human being to think about getting a job and getting out and about. Just try and not beat yourself up too much and wait it out. Itll get better.

its gonna take a while man im almost 3 months clean off ice. im just now starting to go back to something like i was before the dope

While I thankfully didnt OD this time, I did just kick dope 2 months back and struggled with lack of motivation, lethargy, and boredom for about 6 or 7 weeks. I too did very little other than smoking (cigs not weed) and sitting around thinking then spacing out. I know many will say you need to fill your life with things that keep you occupied but to be frank, there was no way that was happening for me. I literally had to talk myself into getting up from the couch to go piss half the time I was so unmotivated. But about a week, week and a half ago things turned around. Now I feel enough like a human being to think about getting a job and getting out and about. Just try and not beat yourself up too much and wait it out. Itll get better.

Rough, thank you.

I can be pushed to move but my get up and go is a lil sore, though I have no qualms either.

Proper nutrition can really help your body replenish neurotransmitters and exercise, particularly 30 minutes of aerobic exercise, can really help stimulate and raise levels of neurotransmitters. Together nutrition and exercise can really help facilitate the healing process.

Beyond that, just try to live a normal life.. I would say take it easy for the first few months as stress might trigger a relapse, but you do have to push yourself to some degree to grow. Reading really helped me. If you can only concentrate for 5-10 minutes then take short breaks when you start to lose concentration and then come back. Even if the break is only getting up, pacing around the room and staring out the window for a minute. You should notice that you are able to focus for longer periods of time and comprehend more as time goes on. If you start to feel mentally exhausted try taking a longer break. Maybe go outside and do something simple like mowing the lawn, watering plants, raking leaves, or even washing the dishes. Doing things that are productive yet not mentally taxing can help you build confidence and feel accomplished. Playing guitar really helped me cope emotionally as well as challenge myself mentally.

I'd suggest staying away from refined sugar, nicotine and caffeine. They won't kill you or prevent you from getting better but they can make things a little more complicated.

It takes time. One of the hardest parts for me was accepting that I may never fully recover but I can't just give up. You have to accept yourself for where you are but still strive to progress. Rather than worry if you'll ever be like your old self, try to focus on where you are going and who you are becoming.

cyberious, I feel this way when I'm depressed. While this depression for you may be related to opiate PAWS it also may be deeper. I would really recommend using the counseling aspects of rehab to their fullest. Every one of us gets banged up along the way and we tend to cover up the hurts because that is the best way to survive at the time. But in the long run all that covered up hurt just festers and grows. No one that grows up in modern western culture has a clue how to heal themselves. We live in a very schizophrenic world that makes us simultaneously self-obsessed and self-loathing. It's toxic to mental health and to the soul.

cyberious, I feel this way when I'm depressed. While this depression for you may be related to opiate PAWS it also may be deeper. I would really recommend using the counseling aspects of rehab to their fullest. Every one of us gets banged up along the way and we tend to cover up the hurts because that is the best way to survive at the time. But in the long run all that covered up hurt just festers and grows. No one that grows up in modern western culture has a clue how to heal themselves. We live in a very schizophrenic world that makes us simultaneously self-obsessed and self-loathing. It's toxic to mental health and to the soul.

I pretty much dug an exacto knife into my psyche like some american psycho shit and I don't really want drugs anymore, even though I've been offered it a lot lately.