Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom and Magnesium - Experienced

S

simply crazy

Hello All,

I am a resercher in biological physics and biochem, as well as avid kratom user. I have been reserching NDMA antagonist and their use in preventing tolernce in assocation with opioids and their analougs in mice.

On the side I decided to do a small experiment on my self (I had a friend with me to monitor my vitals and draw blood every 15 mins into a standard size SS tube via IV port in hand. First draw was baseline before experiment began. draws started 15 mins after ingestion.

Dose: 3 grams of Meng Da kratom and 2 grams of Bali, both from my normal source, followed by 100 mg of Magnesium Citrate disovled into 10ml water and drunk.

Timeline

0:00 Baseline No Effects recorded
Temp 37c bp 127/88 hr 70

0:15 Feel the normal effects of the kratom slowly starting. First Blood sample taken and marked and placed in storage
Temp 37c bp 133/84 hr 82

0:30 Feels like normal kratom effects, a little more sleepy than usual. Blood drawn 2nd time marked clearly and placed in cold storage.
Temp 37.2 bp 115/80 hr 85

0:45 Feeling a lot more pain relief than normal, as expected with a NDMA antagonist. Blood drawn and clearly marked and placed in storage
Temp 37.2 bp 127/83 hr 75

1:00 Really feeling the kratom, more than I would expect, blood drawn and placed in storage.
Temp 36 124/77 hr 68

1:15 Still very nice and relaxed, 2nd to final draw taken and marked.
Temp 36 bp 117/69 hr 66

1:30 Feeling more effects than I normally do, final blood draw, end of report rest of experience said about the same until return to baseline around t+ 3:45
Temp 36 bp 122/77 hr 79

Pretty much what I expected small increase in effects with much grater pain relief most likely due to the NDMA antagonist effect of Magnesium. Once all blood samples have been tested and 3rd party verified. I will post the full results with a more in depth paper on what I found.

I am not a doctor, please do not try to replicate my experiment unless you know what you are doing. Magnesium, even though a element needed by the body, can very dangerous. Everything here is intended for educational purposes only.

My question: What NDMA antagonist have you tried with either your opioid or kratom (yes I am aware that kratom is an opioid but lots of people don't know that it really is by definition)

substancecode_kratom
substancecode_magnesium
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_supplements
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
_combo_

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting...8)

I also take Magnesium and occasional Kratom. For myself I found that Agmatine and D,L-Phenylalanine will increase effects of Kratom as well, in a somewhat similar fashion as magnesium but a lot stronger. Yohimbine also has a positive increase effect (in very low doses only).

I have also noticed an interaction of Kratom and cannabis, as well as cannabinoid receptor agonists and potentiators (green tea extract, kava, echinacea, palmitoylethanolamide).

Nice report, including the HR warning.

I never took it, but would proper low dose DXM work? It is simply missing what the Kratom provides. I'd expect using DXM in low doses, might help. You would have to use things wisely and time your doses. I am only suggesting low, sub psychedelic doses only because of my direct lack of experience, using concurrently.

OP, some of what your asking, belongs in BDD OD OR N&P. I'll leave this alone, but questions like the one, start a new thread, in the appropriate forum, BDD,or OD. You will get more direct, helpful answers there or use the search engine. This thread is for how , in this case was a combo was. How things felt.

Hey, thanks for sharing. I agree that if you have specific questions, as you seem to, that you will get more directed and numerous answers in Other Drugs, but this thread can stay here too because it's a trip report.

DXM is a better adjuvant for kratom than magnesium, but the DXM effects are not particularly complimentary to kratom in my experience.

I never took it, but would proper low dose DXM work? It is simply missing what the Kratom provides. I'd expect using DXM in low doses, might help. You would have to use things wisely and time your doses. I am only suggesting low, sub psychedelic doses only because of my direct lack of experience, using concurrently.

OP, some of what your asking, belongs in BDD OD OR N&P. I'll leave this alone, but questions like the one, start a new thread, in the appropriate forum, BDD,or OD. You will get more direct, helpful answers there or use the search engine. This thread is for how , in this case was a combo was. How things felt.
Dxm will do it. Big time. Many studies on it with morphine

Hello All,

I am a resercher in biological physics and biochem, as well as avid kratom user. I have been reserching NDMA antagonist and their use in preventing tolernce in assocation with opioids and their analougs in mice.

On the side I decided to do a small experiment on my self (I had a friend with me to monitor my vitals and draw blood every 15 mins into a standard size SS tube via IV port in hand. First draw was baseline before experiment began. draws started 15 mins after ingestion.

Dose: 3 grams of Meng Da kratom and 2 grams of Bali, both from my normal source, followed by 100 mg of Magnesium Citrate disovled into 10ml water and drunk.

Timeline

0:00 Baseline No Effects recorded
Temp 37c bp 127/88 hr 70

0:15 Feel the normal effects of the kratom slowly starting. First Blood sample taken and marked and placed in storage
Temp 37c bp 133/84 hr 82

0:30 Feels like normal kratom effects, a little more sleepy than usual. Blood drawn 2nd time marked clearly and placed in cold storage.
Temp 37.2 bp 115/80 hr 85

0:45 Feeling a lot more pain relief than normal, as expected with a NDMA antagonist. Blood drawn and clearly marked and placed in storage
Temp 37.2 bp 127/83 hr 75

1:00 Really feeling the kratom, more than I would expect, blood drawn and placed in storage.
Temp 36 124/77 hr 68

1:15 Still very nice and relaxed, 2nd to final draw taken and marked.
Temp 36 bp 117/69 hr 66

1:30 Feeling more effects than I normally do, final blood draw, end of report rest of experience said about the same until return to baseline around t+ 3:45
Temp 36 bp 122/77 hr 79

Pretty much what I expected small increase in effects with much grater pain relief most likely due to the NDMA antagonist effect of Magnesium. Once all blood samples have been tested and 3rd party verified. I will post the full results with a more in depth paper on what I found.

I am not a doctor, please do not try to replicate my experiment unless you know what you are doing. Magnesium, even though a element needed by the body, can very dangerous. Everything here is intended for educational purposes only.

My question: What NDMA antagonist have you tried with either your opioid or kratom (yes I am aware that kratom is an opioid but lots of people don't know that it really is by definition)

substancecode_kratom
substancecode_magnesium
substancecode_opiates
substancecode_supplements
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
_combo_
Tried with Tapentadol years ago. Dxm in cough syrup, NDMA antagonist. Makes it very strong.
50 mg felt like 150. Wild. Off it now thank god.
Good times rolled, trying to get back to real life.
On Subs now, wondering if it works with that?
can’t find any info.

I'm sure it would work with subs, as buprenorphine is an opioid too, albeit a partial agonist. Then gain, tapentadol isn't a full agonist either I don't think.

How can magnesium be dangerous? From what I’ve read, the only side effect of overdose is diarrhea, is the danger from the possibility of having so much diarrhea that you die from dehydration?

In my experience, a dose as low as 10-20 mg should have the potentiating effect your looking for, take it one hour before ingesting the Kratom. Be aware that with no tolerance, even at that dosage there are psychotropic effects, such as a mood lift, and or music sounding better, at least in my experience i get effects if my tolerance is Low at that dosage.

What were the blood samples going to be tested for though 🤔. The OP never came back with the 'results'. I get a sense that there was some bullshittery going on here

What were the blood samples going to be tested for though 🤔. The OP never came back with the 'results'. I get a sense that there was some bullshittery going on here
I agree, why would blood need to be tested, if the magnesium/dxm blocks tolerance, I don’t see why blood levels of active drugs would change, wouldn’t the response to said drugs be the thing that changes?

Not only that, very few labs test for mitragynine in the blood. Then again the guy claims to be, "a resercher in biological physics" so maybe as a "resercher" he can figure it out 🤔

Not only that, very few labs test for mitragynine in the blood. Then again the guy claims to be, "a resercher in biological physics" so maybe as a "resercher" he can figure it out 🤔
I don’t think so, I just realized this thread is almost 4 years old, btw, your location makes me laugh, negronesia lol

I don’t think so, I just realized this thread is almost 4 years old, btw, your location makes me laugh, negronesia lol

Yeah its a tiny single island nation about 180 kilometers east-west of the Marshall Islands.

It does sound a bit sketchy indeed. I seriously doubt 100mg of Magnesium would have any noticeable potentiating effect.

Nonetheless... I'm going to try.

It does sound a bit sketchy indeed. I seriously doubt 100mg of Magnesium would have any noticeable potentiating effect.

Nonetheless... I'm going to try.

Try 400mg magnesium glycinate.

Black seed oil is a superior potentiator however.