• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Hearing things others dont

MistaM

Greenlighter
I have a friend who has a girlfriend and she all of a sudden started having delusional episodes. Hold on. Beep! Beep! Let me back up a Lil bit.
Ok this girl I know has been thru a lot. She lost her dad at a young age, didnt really have a positive relationship with her mother or the rest of her family and honestly its for no reason, she got married young and was in a 90% verbally abusive and 10% physically abusive relationship for 20 years. Out of the relationship she spawned a beautiful little girl. Well when the little girl was at 7 her father somehow went for custody and it was granted. Now mind you there was no reason for the action besides the father was more stable but then again I would be too if my ex wife was a (sorry for the term) house wife. Anyway this girl was dabbling in the drug world after the courts rulings. And for a year and a half afterwards she kept dabbling. Back in February she was raped while being in her own home wbilebher boyfriend was in jail. This all has been very rough things to have to endure. Now, methemphetamines came into her world and has been there everyday for about 5 or 6 months. Now that is pretty much till this day.
Now about 3 weeks ago she started seeing and hearing things that just weren't reality. They have got worse and worse by the day. Like at first there were ppl in the trees and behind bushes. Now it has came to sitting in the living room and saying the drug task force is outsidebamd they are tallimgbto her saying things I'm her ear. The upstairs neighbor's, her mom and even her boyfriend is in her ear too. All of those ppl except for the boyfriend is not present not anywhere in the vicinity of her. Now her boyfriend is in the same house most of the time inn the same room and she says she can hear him talking about plotting on her. Just this morning she woke up yelling at him screaming " your fucked up how could you do this. I'm 8 weeks prego and you have sulfuric acid in the Iced tea we are drinking." Now I am very worried for her and my buddy is really upset because he has no idea what is wrong with her. No matter how much he explains it to her that her mind is fabricating all of this. She understands for about an hour and then back to the delusions. He believes it's the meth but she doesn't believe a damn thing be says. Remember she thinks he isbplotting on her. What would you say is wrong with her. And how do u get her to the realization that no one is plotting on her or is out to get her.

*****Please no responses from ppl who have no idea what they are talking about******

I have a friend who has a girlfriend and she all of a sudden started having delusional episodes. Hold on. Beep! Beep! Let me back up a Lil bit.
Ok this girl I know has been thru a lot. She lost her dad at a young age, didnt really have a positive relationship with her mother or the rest of her family and honestly its for no reason, she got married young and was in a 90% verbally abusive and 10% physically abusive relationship for 20 years. Out of the relationship she spawned a beautiful little girl. Well when the little girl was at 7 her father somehow went for custody and it was granted. Now mind you there was no reason for the action besides the father was more stable but then again I would be too if my ex wife was a (sorry for the term) house wife. Anyway this girl was dabbling in the drug world after the courts rulings. And for a year and a half afterwards she kept dabbling. Back in February she was raped while being in her own home wbilebher boyfriend was in jail. This all has been very rough things to have to endure. Now, methemphetamines came into her world and has been there everyday for about 5 or 6 months. Now that is pretty much till this day.
Now about 3 weeks ago she started seeing and hearing things that just weren't reality. They have got worse and worse by the day. Like at first there were ppl in the trees and behind bushes. Now it has came to sitting in the living room and saying the drug task force is outsidebamd they are tallimgbto her saying things I'm her ear. The upstairs neighbor's, her mom and even her boyfriend is in her ear too. All of those ppl except for the boyfriend is not present not anywhere in the vicinity of her. Now her boyfriend is in the same house most of the time inn the same room and she says she can hear him talking about plotting on her. Just this morning she woke up yelling at him screaming " your fucked up how could you do this. I'm 8 weeks prego and you have sulfuric acid in the Iced tea we are drinking." Now I am very worried for her and my buddy is really upset because he has no idea what is wrong with her. No matter how much he explains it to her that her mind is fabricating all of this. She understands for about an hour and then back to the delusions. He believes it's the meth but she doesn't believe a damn thing be says. Remember she thinks he isbplotting on her. What would you say is wrong with her. And how do u get her to the realization that no one is plotting on her or is out to get her.

*****Please no responses from ppl who have no idea what they are talking about******

This woman needs professional help. There's nothing you or your friend can do or say that will make her realize she's got meth psychosis or is schizophrenic or another mental illness.

Can you have her see a doctor or psychiatrist and have her or her husband tell the doctor about how she's using meth and any other drugs she's using, and what's happening?

If she will not do that have her committed to a mental hospital, or drug rehab place run by medical professionals as this is not going to end well for her or her child since you said how she's pregnant unless she gets off the drugs and gets help now.

Is she actually pregnant? Or is that one of the delusions?
Either way she needs to be committed to a MH facility for evaluation. They will detox her there n she shouldn't get in legal trouble for drug use (*if you're in the USA)