• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(DOC/0,5mg)+(4-HO-MiPT/7mg)+(4-AcO-MiPT/7mg) - Experienced - Riding the flu wave!

Volsam

Bluelighter
I have recently gotten a pretty nasty flu and have been dealing with it for the past week. After all the fever subsided I started feeling very refreshed, like I was going through some deep regeneration process, no kidding - I remembered deeply buried memories from my childhood, all the feelings I have experienced, the sickness alone made me anew in a way.

So one day while still recovering I took 0,5mg of DOC (to see if it will help me feel more energized and optimistic) but didnt realize how weak and sleepy I was still and I fell asleep. At first I remember watching dark mandalas forming and circling around in my minds eye, then I fell into a full dream experience - had very realistic feeling dream living somewhere in LA (I've never spent any time there - only passing through).8o

Upon waking up i felt that there is a lot inside of me trying to get out, so few hours later (still having strong flu symptoms, including fever, body temp fluctuations, cough, stuffed nose, not being able to eat - all the beauty!~) I decided I should explore this condition closer - curiosity got hold of me and I prepared a capsule with 50/50 mixture of 4-HO-MiPT and 4-AcO-MiPT - the reasons behind that selection are unclear, I sometimes simply follow the voice inside my head. 8)

I need to mention that besides being weak and under the flu's spell, I have not taken anything psychedelic for more than two weeks, Kratom included, also reduced cannabis intake to a minimum vaporized a day. Also I have been taking about 3000% of DV of a Vitamin C for the whole duration of flu symptoms. IMO all of these factors had influenced my trip.

Substance(s): 0,5mg of DOC taken 10 hours before 7mg of 4-HO-MiPT mixed with 7mg of 4-AcO-MiPT in a small #5 capsule.

Set and Setting: Alone in my apartment, still sick from the flu and still having some mild after-effects from 0.5mg of DOC taken about 10 hours earlier. Having a curious mind and newly installed psychedelic/philosophic videogame - Everything.

Trip report:

T=00:00 - Take the capsule and deciding to take a hot bath helping to clear my sinuses with the hot steam.

T+00:30 - It is my first time combining this substances in this ratio and without addition of other chems. I feel first alerts starting to emerge and quite pronounced. I'm surprised by this as I have taken more than 40mg of 4-HO-MiPT alone by itself and 35mg of 4-AcO-MiPT by itself, and the come up was comparable this time, although it had some weird mellowness to it which I attribute to still ongoing effects of DOC.

T+01:00 - Feels like I'm speeding up, and up, then down, down, down, deep down, where all my demons reside - it feels hot and red in there - very interesting introspection noted! :!
I feel disoriented, decided to lie down and close my eyes - circular shaped objects rotating with unstable speed and gathering more of the same objects on their way - all in shades of red, grey and black, having some deep spiritual meaning to them. I am stunned by the beauty and power of this internal event but I also got a bit scared and the typical thought entered my mind - Why in heaven would I keep doing that to myself, why do I keep smashing my ego like that?..:\

T+01:30 - Still lying with eyes closed - now I have flashes of my childhood, my parents, all the things we did together, moments of profound happiness and sadness are experienced - it makes me cry and feel stupidly ashamed for all the hateful things I've done and said to the people who genuinely love me.
I also feel body temperature fluctuations - I'm freezing at one moment to find myself tropics sweating at the other. As the psychedelia sets in, it stops bothering me.

T+02:00 - Could not lie anymore as I started to get filled with energy and needed to disperse it somehow. Going outside was not an option given the fact it was around 3AM, pretty cold I was still having flu and feeling weak. So I walked around the apartment, fed the cat. The cat obviously picked up on my state and was being pro-social and playful.
Opened eye visuals at this point were considerable darkening of corners of my view with some minor movements going on there, brightening of light sources and mild rippling and waviness of everything. There was also quite a strong feeling of unreality, the one you get while lucid dreaming or just having a profound dream. I felt observed by some entity during the peak of the experience.

T+02:20 - Reaching +++, I'm very surprised as this dosage should not have brought this...
Surges of energy coming through the body and leave me feeling uneasy. Trying to play music I fail, feeling unable to concentrate and catch the creative flow.

So I put in a newly installed videogame, Everything. Man! What a great game! :D
And what a great timing - sometimes I am sure that all we come in contact with has it's own time and place in our life and it was it!
The game is narrated by Alan Watts (recordings of his lectures from the past) and set in a very abstract colorful world with very thought provoking commentaries and interactions. When I got in game's hell it was simply profound! I couldnt get out of there and the game suggested that I'm stuck there forever now since I've made my choice to go down there. After couple of hours of trying everything I realized that I need to let go of trying so hard and to simply clear my mind of the negative thoughts (within the game) - it was very cathartic to me and it synergised with my trip beautifully! :D

T+6:00 - All that time I spent playing that game - I highly recommend it to those interested in philosophical and creative thinking. At this point visual effects subsided considerably, leaving me with still going darkening of vision and shimmering sources of light. Mentally I felt in awe and gratitude for the experience. I felt reborn in a classic way that psychedelics can affect you.
Absolutely no appetite but I forced myself to have some tea with banana bread and it tasted ok.

T+7:00 - Decided to vaporize some cannabis - this brought up the colors up again and tried to dull my super sharp at-the-moment mind - I didnt let it :p=D
My eyes became very light in color - something that happens sometimes on 4-AcO-MiPT and LSD with me.

I felt strong urge to talk to people so I texted my girlfriend and apologized for being a rude asshole so many times, explaining that I simply felt insecure about myself, I felt feared and so I took on an image of being aggressive and rejecting idealist. All this came to me fluently, I could see all my issues clearly without any hesitation.

T+8:00 - My girlfriend eventually comes over and we eat and go to sleep together. ;)

Upon waking up I had a characteristic positive afterglow that lasted for another 8 hours or so.

Conclusion:
Tripping when sick with flu is weird and can become a lot more powerful and unexpected, so if you decide to do it, thread carefully.
The combination was beautiful and well-balanced, I liked it more than taking each substance alone.

Set and Setting is like a type of ocean for your psychedelic journey - it can be calm beautiful and sunny, or furious, dark and unforgiving - it is very important, in this particular case I was riding a dark red waves of my flu sickness! %)

Be safe guys and thank you for reading! :)

substancecode_doc
substancecode_4homipt
substancecode_4acomipt
substancecode_tryptamines
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_experienced
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
_combo_

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sounds like a pretty powerful trip, thanks for sharing! :) I'm also surprised you got so much from such a low combined dose, especially since you had taken .5mg of DOC 10 hours before already. But this just illustrates that sometimes profound trips find us even if we're not really expecting them, and sometimes doses that we expect to be profound simply aren't. Sometimes a trip is just meant to be... perhaps. :) I loved the part about going to hell in the video game and how that was such a parallel to your trip, I love synchronicity like that. :)

The intensity left me puzzled, especially considering taking DOC (which builds up cross-tolerance almost immediately) earlier. I was actually planning to take something that will make me mellow and read an interesting book. What I planned didnt happen. Similar weird experiences I have had with DMT - normally i would need about 45-60mg cleanly vaporized for a breakthrough. How huge was my astonishment when I got through with just 12mg the other night!

IMO the trip intensity has to do with our alignment on our spiritual path. I think I was reaching one of the peak spiritual experiences (accidentally) and when at that time any psychoactive is taken, the results are a lot stronger and exaggerated IME - think of it as an extremely powerful set and setting driving the experience.

Psychedelics are like a tool knife to open a can of tuna (our mind) when you are camping (tripping) - a lot of times we dont realize that it's not the can we are dealing with but a plastic container, and by applying the same force as with a tin can, we can destroy the whole package.:)

As for synchronicity - its been happening like crazy to me lately, making me recover all my deep spiritual beliefs.

Cool report !

Sometimes I take +/-2mg of DOC to go clubbing and at T+8h I'd take 2-3mg of 4homet and this is surprisingly active.
I've also taken 1-2mg's of each of 4homipt/4hodet/4homet/4acodet/4acodmt/4hodipt/4acodipt (i was cleaning out baggies ;) ) and intensity was way stronger than expected, but very euphoric.

So i understand how you had such a strong trip with little material. Some things are just meant to be ;).

Sounds like a great trip, Volsam, thanks for sharing it. :) It's cool that you were able to get so much from lower doses too; I actually just recently had my most meaningful and satisfying experience on 4-HO-MiPT at 35 mg even though I've taken up to 50 mg before. Sometimes the really powerful experiences just find us, indeed!

I usually avoid dosing on anything when I know I'm sick, but maybe I'll dose next time I have the flu now too... if it'll help stretch out my supply. o.o Glad you're feeling better by the way!