• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why does it matter if your a drug addict

Long story short. 'Just Say No' and the war on drugs. Ol' ronald and nancy reagan (said by nixon not actually put into motion by nixon though). It might have started with legit concern for the population of the U.S. ( though i doubt it my govt loves spreading propaganda aimed at patriots that 9/10 times falsely claims the threat against "freedom" in order to directly justify violations of the constitution so they can pursue their actual agenda which usually surfaces decades after, at which point no body gives a shit anymore) but after they realized the enormous amount of free money, houses, cars, etc. that is seized during raids the govt. couldnt give that up. Another thing that govt. learned they could take advantage of is aiding certain cartels because if you control the drugs in a 3rd world nation you control the money and ultimately the govt. itself ('banana republic' or a puppet leader).

This isnt conspiracy bullshit either its public info now that the cia has funded one side of a drug cartel war more than once in the past.

Fast forward 3-4 decades to now the amount of jobs at the DEA (along with years of brainwashing propaganda reaching most countries, laws, and irrevocable damage done to non violent drug offenders spending years in a cage for simply putting a chemical in their own body) almost ensures that addiction will be viewed as a crime until the day americas govt. collapses.

Same goes for the war on terror. Oil, poppy production (opium), etc. guarantees that the war on terror is another form of the war on drugs.

Americas 'world police' regime is the only reason other countries have strict drug laws as well.

Ime, being an addict and keep following a moral code is rare af. On the other hand, people with a moral code is a rare thing even if drugs are not involved.But the thing is, I dislike people whithout a moral code.

I don't follow moral core, I follow my feelings, so if something makes me feel bad afterwards I won't do it.

^But what you describe is a moral code, the way I see it.

I think Ne0 means not following an imposed moral code but following an internal, personal moral code.

For me, I don't see it as a moral issue (the actual addiction, not the possible behaviors that may be rationalized to support the addiction). I don't like feeling owned by anything; I don't like craving things or people or even experiences--it just makes me feel uncomfortable and divided from myself. It doesn't matter to me whether it is a drug or sugar or a smartphone or an image that I think I have to project or some material thing or things I have gotten convinced I can't do without--I just don't like to feel manipulated by overwhelming need.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you ... it shouldn't matter really but society in general sees the line of 'legal' and 'illegal' as good and bad (which is absolute BS) .. If you are can function and use drugs why should you be seen in a bad light? You're not stealing from anybody, hurting anybody and delivering on your responsibilities so why are you doing anything wrong?

You're point on alcohol is also very valid, one of the most addictive drugs known to man and is a mind altering substance which quite often brings out destructive behaviors ... yet that's fine because it's 'legal'?

it's utter garbage and double standards .... the real issue is that 'illegal' substances have market which can't be taxed and after spending so much on the "war on drugs" no one would dare legalise them either .... drugs from a doctor can also do crazy things to the body. I might be wrong but i'm fairly sure i saw a study which showed that, chemically, nicotine is by far the most addictive substance known to man but i could be wrong on that.

^^^^ the point on nicotine sounds familiar ... I too have heard that somewhere.
Picture this: ppl get to know and like a co-worker for example. They DON'T have anything against him. He's Great. Then one day he stops showing up. The boss says , "we had to let him go. Doing drugs on the job."
Suddenly everyone's opinion of the nice guy they had no beef with..... goes down down down. : (

Babylon seeks to control and the elite doesn't care about you other than you being as productive and profitable as a subordinate as they can program you to be.

Someone is addicted to bottling and selling alcohol. Indians called him the white European devil juice proprietor. As long as his industrious labors prove profitable the blame is in the drunkard who put the bottle to his lips by his own volition. That is why liquor did not corrode the Native American community they poisoned themselves most willfully no longer having to live at the mercy of the elements all too eager for a warm pioneer cabin and bottle of white man spirits to hear more stories Uncle Sam thought good for them to and in time forget their own.

Last edited:
People who haven't tried drugs glorify them. They're just drugs. It doesn't define you. It's like one out of many other recreational things you can do. But drugs attract bad people, overall, maybe not that often. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of responsible users.

I'm more successful academically and professionally and have used the most amount of poly drugs including lots of hard drugs than anyone I've ever met...but at the right amounts to not just drop off of society and do drugs only in life although I was on them for everything I did.

It didnt work out well in the end despite being successful I'm not happy. Drugs destroy your ability to be happy without them. All drugs.

Because drugs are addictive and destroy the organs in Your body and rape your brains abity to feel happy. Pretty common knowledge

If your a drug addict but maintain a job and a decent lifestyle i dont see the problem, whatever the drug is

If your a drug addict but maintain a job and a decent lifestyle i dont see the problem, whatever the drug is
See my post above yours. I have a job and a decent lifestyle...on the outside. Trips to exotic destinations, interesting job. Beautiful wife I barley realize exists.

It's whats inside that counts. And I'm unhappy inside and it's impossible to be happy inside when you're a drug addict.

It fucks your brain chemistry and eventually your organs. There's definitely something wrong with living this way I'm the long run. I know it may not seem like that in your 20s and maybe through your 30s..but it catches up neither you. Your soul and mind should be broken by your 30s...your organs later in life

It's whats inside that counts. And I'm unhappy inside and it's impossible to be happy inside when you're a drug addict.
I get what you're saying.
Just wanted to quote that part of your post because I've thought about it before.

It does make sense in a way, but it also sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Without discounting the very real suffering that can come as a result of drug addiction (and the associated lifestyle issues). Is it possible that drugs are often just an easy target when we don't know who or what to blame?

I think it's hard to find someone who is actually happy with themselves.
They may seem happy from the outside (just like you), yet most people put on some kind of mask, actually everyone does it to some extent, otherwise it would be very hard to function as a member of society... But you don't know what happens when they're alone with themselves and their thoughts.

Although most people don't fit the modern definition of a drug addict, they do consume at least one psychoactive substance on a regular basis, or engage in sort of mind-altering activity. To me it seems like a necessary antidote to the chaotic nature of life.

Last edited:
Life is suffering, it doesn't matter if you're a drug addict or not in that respect. "I'm doing great but I'm not happy on the inside"...who is happy on the inside, that's what I wanna know. All life is (imo anyway) is a biological/evolutionary imperative to suffer and never be satisfied with what you have

All life is (imo anyway) is a biological/evolutionary imperative to suffer and never be satisfied with what you have
That's some wisdom and basically the amswer to everything.

Drugs are gonna kick that imperative to overdrive because your bar for what is "not suffering" gets raised super high when "not suffering" constitutes nodding off on the best dope or the rush of a crack hit. The depletion of dopamine serotonin etc of a comedown likewise is a low that on an absolute level, non drug users rarely feel ever.

Sure the ppl that never did drugs are suffering too but humans gauge everything by what is normal for them not on some scale the whole human race uses. It's why you can see celebrities that have everything and are loved by the world be miserable and kill themselves and people with very little other than some family live more satisfied lives.

I think that this scale has its limit though to normalize on a persons life situation amd when you start fucking with brain chemistry artificially you're into territory that is going to bring highs and lows that a normal person will never experience and that the user will not normalize to and will suffer more and more often.

Last edited: