• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could this potentially be lethal?

bluntsnbeats

Greenlighter
Hello, about 2-3 hours ago I did a CWE extraction on 30mg Codeine x 500mg Paracetamol pills. (Zapain Pills).

I used 8 pills, a total of 240mg Codeine and 4000mg Paracetamol.

This is how I personally did the extraction, I'm not sure whether I messed it up or not.

I put some water in the freezer, I'd say about 140ml. I left it there until it was almost frozen on top. I took the water out, and opened and emptied the capsules into a bottle. I then poured all of the water into the container. I mixed it by shaking. The mixture was cloudy. I then filtered it using two layers of a POLO Tshirt into another bottle. However, about half way through I just poured the rest in because the hole in the top of the bottle was two small. I mixed it again, and washed out the original bottle. It had a bigger hole in the top. I then filtered with a sweater, and for some reason I lost almost all of the mixture. I'd say I had no more than 60ml left of the mixture. It was almost clear and so I drunk it straight away in one go.

Due to thinking that I didn't take enough codeine, I then took another two pills without CWE. This added another gram of paracetamol.

Almost two hours later I felt no effect. This is pretty normal because the week before I took about 150mg of codeine using CWE (Not sure if messed up). and didn't feel anything.
But when I hit about two hours in, I started feeling tired and a bit nauseous.

So I'm not sure whether the effects I'm feeling are from Codeine or a potential paracetamol overdose, It's got me worrying. I would have taken 5g Paracetamol max. I'm a skinny 18 year old.

If I did potentially overdose on paracetamol, would it be worth waiting until morning to go to hospital, as to not worry parents by abruptly leaving tonight.

but as I said, I'm not sure whether I did potentially overdose. Any help is great, thanks.

For a Cold Water Extraction, you don't actually need or want the water to be near frozen, it just needs to be fairly cold. Also, I think you should use Coffee Filters instead, among other ways to maybe streamline your process. You should only be doing the CWE if you are positive you know how to do it correctly. Paracetamol overdose does typically include nausea, so you need to be careful. It's too bad, because it is very difficult for us to figure out whether or not your did the process correctly.

Your best bet is to not use things like T-shirts to filter. You should acquire all of the necessary materials and follow the process exactly how it is laid out without any substitutions. If you don't have all of the necessary equipment, don't do a CWE. As I've said in other similar threads, the CWE is a very simple process, but that can lead people into a false sense of security, because although it is an easy process, if you mess it up with a high dosage, you could kill yourself in one go. As little as 10g Paracetamol can cause death in one sitting, but many can tolerate as much as 20g.

Still, even if you don't die, you could still be doing serious, permanent damage to your liver that might not be readily noticeable. My advice is to redo the process and follow all of the instruction exactly as they are laid out.

For a Cold Water Extraction, you don't actually need or want the water to be near frozen, it just needs to be fairly cold. Also, I think you should use Coffee Filters instead, among other ways to maybe streamline your process. You should only be doing the CWE if you are positive you know how to do it correctly. Paracetamol overdose does typically include nausea, so you need to be careful. It's too bad, because it is very difficult for us to figure out whether or not your did the process correctly.

Your best bet is to not use things like T-shirts to filter. You should acquire all of the necessary materials and follow the process exactly how it is laid out without any substitutions. If you don't have all of the necessary equipment, don't do a CWE. As I've said in other similar threads, the CWE is a very simple process, but that can lead people into a false sense of security, because although it is an easy process, if you mess it up with a high dosage, you could kill yourself in one go. As little as 10g Paracetamol can cause death in one sitting, but many can tolerate as much as 20g.

Still, even if you don't die, you could still be doing serious, permanent damage to your liver that might not be readily noticeable. My advice is to redo the process and follow all of the instruction exactly as they are laid out.

Thank you, but can't really redo it now, it's all already in my system. That's why I was asking, would up to 5g of paracetamol kill me? Might sound small but it really is worrying me badly.

Thank you, but can't really redo it now, it's all already in my system. That's why I was asking, would up to 5g of paracetamol kill me? Might sound small but it really is worrying me badly.
How many minutes ago did you take it??

I took it about 7 hours ago now.
Then you're probably fine. Acetaminophen has a very short half-life, which means it gets expunged relatively quickly.

Please dont do this again though, okay?? Threads like this always make me very nervous

Then you're probably fine. Acetaminophen has a very short half-life, which means it gets expunged relatively quickly.

Please dont do this again though, okay?? Threads like this always make me very nervous

Don't worry, the Codeine high isn't worth the potential Paracetamol OD. I won't be doing it again.

Also, I might sound like a div, but what's a half-life?

I still feel a little nauseous now, is this something I should still worry about? Due to taking 5 grams of paracetamol at once, I read that overdose symptoms include feeling nauseous.

Last edited:
Don't worry, the Codeine high isn't worth the potential Paracetamol OD
If you did the CWE properly then paracetamol wouldnt be an issue

Also, I might sound like a div, but what's a half-life?
Half-life is the amount of time for half the substance to be rendered inert inside your body.
A long half-life is what can be worrisome, a short half-life means you're probably OK right now

I still feel a little nauseous now, is this something I should still worry about? Due to taking 5 grams of paracetamol at once, I read that overdose symptoms include feeling nauseous
Thats probably half the codeine, plus half the excessive paracetamol you took.
I personally have survived taking 8 grams of paracetamol by accident when I was new at CWE's, and I didnt even blink an eye
(I also drank half a bottle of vodka that night too).

But please dont do this again, okay??
Your liver isnt something to be toyed around with, especially when you're still a kid at 18

Half-life is the amount of time for half the substance to be rendered inert inside your body.
A long half-life is what can be worrisome, a short half-life means you're probably OK right now

Yeah that's the thing, I feel fine now.

But I've been reading around and have been seeing that you normally get OD symptoms 3-5 days after ODing, which is too late to be reversed at that point.

I don't know if I'm just worrying myself even more by reading around, but I might end up getting a checkup tomorrow, depending on what others say.

Fresco is giving incorrect and dangerous advice. Tylenol overdose isn't going to be felt right away. It'll take a few days before you physically feel like something is dangerously wrong. If you think you've taken too much, 5 grams at once is too much, then go to a hospital even if you feel ok. They will check your liver enzymes and give you acetylcysteine. If you wait you further risk damage to your liver it is unlikely but could be fatal at 5 grams.

You dont need to go to a hospital to get cysteine, just go to any health food store. They sell it in capsules

If you did the CWE properly then paracetamol wouldnt be an issue

Thats probably half the codeine, plus half the excessive paracetamol you took.
I personally have survived taking 8 grams of paracetamol by accident when I was new at CWE's, and I didnt even blink an eye
(I also drank half a bottle of vodka that night too).

But please dont do this again, okay??
Your liver isnt something to be toyed around with, especially when you're still a kid at 18

Hey Fresco, I'm not trying to be the Stasi here, but I just had a couple of small issues with the veracity of the information that you're presenting. Please don't hate me for it, but I'm a perfectionist in some ways, like I'm sure you are too.

First of all, a half-life is not the time it takes for a substance to be "rendered inert", in literal terms, a half-life is the time it takes for half of the original volume of a given substance to be metabolized and excreted from the body. Also, I just think it's a little bit dangerous to make comments like "I did it and I'm still alive aren't I?". I'm not saying it's not true or that you're lying, but comments like this can definitely embolden folks' potentially dangerous behavior.

We don't want to even remotely imply that high-dose APAP usage is okay or safe. Even therapeutic levels of APAP can be insulting to the liver depending upon the individual consuming among other variables. We just want to present a united front in discouraging this type of behavior. I also have consumed large amounts of Acetaminophen in my lifetime and survived, but who knows the extent of the damage said behavior provoked.

Which brings me to my final point regarding the APAP; just because there are not readily visible consequences from this type of behavior, that does not necessarily mean that there has been no damage. Years down the road, that insult from large-dosages of APAP could be the "straw that broke the camel's back" in terms of your health. Otherwise healthy people die all the time from the result of APAP overdose, be it chronic or acute.

You'll encounter many people both here on Bluelight and at-large who are or were unaware of the ease and simplicity of the Cold Water Extraction process who literally have killed themselves by consuming APAP+Opioid products over a long period of time. It's not a joke and it can definitely happen. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong here Fresco and it may just be my own opinion, but I wanted to make sure we don't understate the potential danger of this practice.

So do you suggest I go to my GP at least? I'll have to go in the morning, due to it being late, but since taking them I have felt Ill, Like I have the flu.

I'm not 100% if this is because of the APAP, because recently a couple of my family members have come down with the flu too. I'll probably make an appointment to see my GP in the morning, just in case.

Hey Fresco, I'm not trying to be the Stasi here, but I just had a couple of small issues with the veracity of the information that you're presenting. Please don't hate me for it, but I'm a perfectionist in some ways, like I'm sure you are too.

First of all, a half-life is not the time it takes for a substance to be "rendered inert", in literal terms, a half-life is the time it takes for half of the original volume of a given substance to be metabolized and excreted from the body. Also, I just think it's a little bit dangerous to make comments like "I did it and I'm still alive aren't I?". I'm not saying it's not true or that you're lying, but comments like this can definitely embolden folks' potentially dangerous behavior.

We don't want to even remotely imply that high-dose APAP usage is okay or safe. Even therapeutic levels of APAP can be insulting to the liver depending upon the individual consuming among other variables. We just want to present a united front in discouraging this type of behavior. I also have consumed large amounts of Acetaminophen in my lifetime and survived, but who knows the extent of the damage said behavior provoked.

Which brings me to my final point regarding the APAP; just because there are not readily visible consequences from this type of behavior, that does not necessarily mean that there has been no damage. Years down the road, that insult from large-dosages of APAP could be the "straw that broke the camel's back" in terms of your health. Otherwise healthy people die all the time from the result of APAP overdose, be it chronic or acute.

You'll encounter many people both here on Bluelight and at-large who are or were unaware of the ease and simplicity of the Cold Water Extraction process who literally have killed themselves by consuming APAP+Opioid products over a long period of time. It's not a joke and it can definitely happen. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong here Fresco and it may just be my own opinion, but I wanted to make sure we don't understate the potential danger of this practice
Okay, fair enough

So do you suggest I go to my GP at least? I'll have to go in the morning, due to it being late, but since taking them I have felt Ill, Like I have the flu.

I'm not 100% if this is because of the APAP, because recently a couple of my family members have come down with the flu too. I'll probably make an appointment to see my GP in the morning, just in case
By all means, if it gives you piece of mind go see your doctor ASAP

Okay, so this is totally up to you, but at this point, I don't know how effective or useful a trip to your GP would be. I feel that what's done is done in terms of your APAP ingestion and there is not much that you can do except for not repeating the behavior. I think it's always a good idea to see a physician if you're unsure, but this visit will also involve you telling them that you're using Opioids in a dangerous fashion. I'm not saying one avenue is right and the other wrong, just laying all of the cards on the table.

I've taken high dosages of APAP in the past similar to what you have taken in this instance and the sickness that came with it only lasted for several hours and then I was more or less back to normal. I didn't experience flu-like symptoms and as far as I'm aware, they are not a hallmark of APAP overdose, especially in the fact that the symptoms last for days.

Flu-like symptoms could also come from withdrawal symptoms after stopping the codeine.
I have even gotten a mini-withdrawal from just doing CWE for one day

Flu-like symptoms could also come from withdrawal symptoms after stopping the codeine.
I have even gotten a mini-withdrawal from just doing CWE for one day

That's a good point. OP, does this sound like it could be the issue maybe? Good catch by Fresco, as I'd totally forgotten to ask about your chronic Opioid intake after you mentioned the flu-like symptoms and I feel like a dummy.

The bottom line is this. If you took a 5 gram dose it is within the realm of being a lethal dose. Having flu like symptoms for the first few days is consistent with overdose which won't be followed by more serious symptoms until over 72 hours after ingestion. Your flu like symptoms may be from someyhing else as well but there's no way to know unless you go to an ER. Any medical professional would tell you to go to the ER immediately with a 5 gram dose.

To set your mind a little at ease though OP, generally liver toxicity occurs at more like 7 to 8 grams. Im not saying it could not happen but its less likely. You would undoubtedly be having nausea, vomitting and/or pain in the upper right quadrant of your abdomen by now too. However, if you really are worried, by all means get checked.