Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD - First Time - My great and terrible first time with LSD

suidomreh

Greenlighter
Let me start by saying that the purpose of this trip report, if you want to call it that, is to serve as harm reduction. I did some very stupid things.

The first time I tried LSD I was alone. I took a blotter that was about 200mcg, a dose too high for my first psychedelic experience I came to learn. I actually managed to handle it though. It tasted of paper, as it should, no bitterness. I noticed effects after about half an hour, but it was just feeling weird. I didn't have any idea what to expect so I was pretty anxious. Then after an hour or so I started seeing visuals change. The usual colors, but for me the most noticeable effect was the super peripheral vision and almost fish-eye camera lens effect, except worse. All was pretty good I was enjoying myself, though I definitely felt too high. I ended up watching some tripping videos and taking a walk. All was well.

But then it came time for my girlfriend to get off work. And someone had to pick her up. This is where I knew I had made a mistake. I was still mad tripping with the visuals... this was only about 4 - 5 hours in. I ended up driving to her work a few miles away completely impaired and picking her up.(EDIT : Do not drive while tripping)I never told her till we got home, so I guess I did an okay job. But still, it took extreme mental focus to drive IN TRAFFIC while seeing everything as if I am in a bubble or something.

Then after I had started coming down (about 10 hours in), my friend over video call who was well versed with LSD said that me and my girlfriend should take the rest of our acid right now and that I would thank him later. After a while he finally convinced us to put away our sense and do it. I told him I had 5 more blotters, but he didn't know they were 200mc. I took 3 and my girlfriend took 2. This was a bad idea.

Only after barely coming down from my first trip, I high sped into another one that would be over 3 times stronger. Me and my girlfriend at first were in a magic filled trip, almost as if we were in the same one. We both described feeling like we had went outside space and time and made the room we were in with our minds. We started trying to explain everything and how we were in infinity. I was drifting in and out of ego death. I saw full eye visions (couldn't see anything else) of what appeared to be blueprints on parchment paper of everything that exists. I would see animals and things layed out like the digital graphics for 3D models before they are applied to the the models. I saw all of history and the future play out like a movie. I wrote notes as well. A line read "This message is for you, the end of the world is near" It was honesty really scary, but amazing. Until it wasn't...

Hours later I started wanting to be myself again, not "God". I wanted to process everything, but then I would drift in and out into full eye visions and ego death. I started complaining I wanted out of it and as you know, you get highly effected by the mood of others you are tripping with, so I started bringing down my girlfriend's trip and making her want to get out too. So we got locked in the famous LSD loop. Sleep deprivation began to hit and anxiety was beyond safe levels. My heart was beating extremely fast. Every second was eternity. I was begging my girlfriend to call 911 as she had already been coming down. I was sure I was stuck in my trip. I started looking it up and seen stuff about people being stuck in trips for like 72 hours with fake LSD. I knew I could not handle that, so my anxiety just got so disablingly bad.

Finally with the help of a trazodone (not trazAdone) ssri sleep aid, my girlfriend got me to sleep after fighting it due to the scary closed eye visuals (demons and other things). Just 40min of sleep ended the trip.

Lessons learned:
-Do not take too much LSD with no experience and without full understanding and mental preperation of what you will be experiencing. Do no set yourself up to be sleep deprived while tripping. Having a sitter is also highly reccomended at higher doses.

-Make sure you do not have to drive anywhere for the time you are on LSD. Driving impaired is selfish and reckless.

-Do not psych yourself out and cause yourself to fall into a loop or stuck in trip anxiety. If you find yourself beginning to feel this way, change your setting. DO NOT look up things going wrong with trips. Go outside or into another room and do something else. If this doesn't help, try to sleep through the closed eye visuals. This will work if you keep trying. At the end of the day, you are on a drug and you will sober up.

substancecode_lsd
substancecode_lysergamides
explevel_firsttime
roacode_sublingual
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult
exptype_spiritual

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, what a first trip... glad to see you learned your lesson. Your friend sounds like an idiot, recommending to someone on their first trip to quadruple their dose partway through is an absolutely terrible idea, regardless of whether he knew the strength or not. Also this illustrates the point that one needs to understand durations of the drugs they take and not choose to eat LSD 4 to 5 hours before needing to drive.

Sounds like you had an interesting experience, with some highs and lows. Sounds like it got pretty deep too, do you feel like the trip was significant to your life? Did you learn anything from it?

I'm gonna move this to Trip Reports. Welcome!

It was important to my life I would say. It greatly tested my mental strength. It changed my perspective on some things in life and was an overall humbling experience. It took a lot of courage to try LSD again. I had lost all trust after that. But I managed to get past it in the end, though it will be hard to convince me to go up to that dose again any time soon lol.

Last edited:
Yeah, a lot of time we underestimate the power within that is brought up by the psychedelics. IME micrograms and milligrams are of a big importance but your internal world condition is of even bigger importance and you never know if it can be shattered with only 100 mics or you can take up to 5-6 hundred mics and be hedonistic all throughout the trip.

One more thing - once you are deep into the trip I recommend to never want to be out of it, unless it seems dangerous on a physical level - my experience shows that's how people start their panic attacks and get into serious thought loops. With LSD in particular, playing tibetan bowls helps to calm down effectively, drinking some herbal tea too, especially if its presented as "something that will calm you down" - placebo works especially well on acid.

Nice report, thank you suidomreh! :)

Yeah, a lot of time we underestimate the power within that is brought up by the psychedelics. IME micrograms and milligrams are of a big importance but your internal world condition is of even bigger importance and you never know if it can be shattered with only 100 mics or you can take up to 5-6 hundred mics and be hedonistic all throughout the trip.

One more thing - once you are deep into the trip I recommend to never want to be out of it, unless it seems dangerous on a physical level - my experience shows that's how people start their panic attacks and get into serious thought loops. With LSD in particular, playing tibetan bowls helps to calm down effectively, drinking some herbal tea too, especially if its presented as "something that will calm you down" - placebo works especially well on acid.

Nice report, thank you suidomreh! :)
You are very right. Psyching yourself out mid trip is the worst thing you can do.