• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Can drugs ever be made to be cool and futuristic?

Eisbaer

Bluelighter
Throughout modern society, it is said that drugs are: evil, dirty, ruin lives, and to stay away from them as if they are some kind of devil. But for a long time, I have been conceptualizing that this maybe just propaganda; and the concept of drug usage, and the chemical compounds themselves can be made into being something that is: fashionable, clean, futuristic, cool, useful, and etc. Essentially, the opposite of everything negative society makes drugs out to be today.

An inspiration for this idea, came from the book and movie "Brave New World", in which the usage of a specially designed drug called "Soma" is widely encouraged by the government; and is used en masse by everyone, to keep every member of society from having to experience any negative emotions.

I personally, would want to live a society such as that. How hard can it really be for the government to pool in some money for the development of a safe drug, which is at least something safer than alcohol, and not addictive. If you think about it, there's no reason why we should live lives that are oppressed by negativity, and pharmacophobic people and sadistic governments. Who cares if not feeling negative emotions makes us less human, nobody asked us if we ever wanted to get the human experience to begin with. For the vision of such a society, it would make life worth living.

I know this isnt what you were thinking but I wish for advances in nanotechnology and neurochemistry will allow us to build nanobot-drugs that we can turn on and off at will. I dont think it will be soon but not completely out of the question.

Another work of art that showed the world in this light was THX 1138. In fact in this film / book one can be arrested for criminal low dosages of drugs. It was the first film from George Lucas. In the real world, I don't know. It seems to an uphill climb to reach that lofty "place"; not in my lifetime for sure as I am over 70 y/o and the rate of progress in this respect is truly glacial .

Last edited:
I think that drugs will inevitably be perceived like a computer or a table saw: It could hurt you or open up a window to something disturbing, but thats why you keep them away from children and learn how to use the tool from someone who already knows the ropes.

Drug use has been made artificially risky and difficult because of a bunch of dick faced faux-moralistic hypocrites with no real principles other than worshiping our modern god, currency.

I believe that in the future, all drugs will be available OTC for low price. People will perceive it simply as a tool. There will be opiate/opioid addicts, but it won't matter, because low price of opiates = addicts being just normal productive people in society.

People will have to evolve mentally for this to work, like being more responsible and less judgemental and less idiotic overall :D But we'll get there. In like 150-200 years i guess :D

Or not, since humanity can't handle alcohol for thousands of years :D But maybe we could still stop demonizing and prohibiting drugs while drinking alcohol :D

I agree, the reason serious addicts become homeless and get a bad rep is usually from the high cost of drugs. If 100 pills of hydrocodone cost $20 at your local convenient store, then I doubt anyone will be becoming homeless anytime soon. But the biggest hurdle is Rx. People makes tons of money from writing prescriptions alone, so the prices may not be going down anytime soon.

I have zero trust to the goverments, and I belive that "encourage" when it comes to goverments means that gradually force people to do something.
So seeing the goverment "encorouge" the use of a drug is something I wouldn't want to see, as I would see that sooner or later they'll force as to.

I believe that in the future, all drugs will be available OTC for low price. People will perceive it simply as a tool. There will be opiate/opioid addicts, but it won't matter, because low price of opiates = addicts being just normal productive people in society.

People will have to evolve mentally for this to work, like being more responsible and less judgemental and less idiotic overall :D But we'll get there. In like 150-200 years i guess :D

Or not, since humanity can't handle alcohol for thousands of years :D But maybe we could still stop demonizing and prohibiting drugs while drinking alcohol :D

Nobody would touch alcohol if drugs were legal

William Gibson's already given it the attribute of cool decadence. Read the sprawl trilogy, especially Neuromancer; or spook country, if you want something more anchored in our current reality.

Pulsed laser heated meth pipes and electron plasma ignited bongs would be cool as fuck maybe antimatter powered e nails a man can dream

I just want a pill with 100ug of LSD and 50MG of MXE that's purple and tastes like grape. Sell them with the legal MDMA capsules, Cocaine vials, and Dex-Amp tablets at some kind of utopian euphoriant/party pill shop.

(Also maybe a weaker one that's like dark blue that's 50ug LSD and 25 mg MXE. It can taste like blueberry. You know what, put a B vitamin complex in those motherfuckers too, for some energy, and also cause B vitamins just make me feel better.)

Last edited: