• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Will talking to GP about MDMA use affect insurance? (LTC)

parrot089

Greenlighter
Hello folks, I am planning to see my GP about issues I've been experiencing since using ecstasy 5 months ago. I plan to speak to them about numbness, tingling, and pain in all of my limbs. I have been experiencing other issues as well (brain fog, poor memory, depression, blind spots in my vision, poor balance) as well, but I don't plan on bringing these up if I decide not to tell them about my drug use. I know that the problems with my limbs is likely not related to the drug, but I experienced hyperthermia for about 2 hours after the drug wore off, which I now understand can wreak havoc on brain cells so I feel like there could potentially be a connection.

My main concern is that I will lose my plan, or that insurance won't cover any care that I may need (I live in the U.S.). It is very possible that the numbness in my limbs is not directly related to using ecstasy, but my insurance provider may not see things that way. If that is the case, I am worried that I will be fully responsible to cover any related medical costs in the future. I'd really like to know how disclosing my drug use could affect my future insurance/medical care. If any of you guys have been through something similar, what can you tell me about how disclosing your drug use affected your medical insurance/care?

Also, I'd like to let my fellow LTC troopers know that I HAVE made some improvement in all areas of my LTC except for the problems with numbness/tingling/pain in the limbs (which is likely not linked to drug use). Just wanted to throw some positivity/hope in the direction of my comedown brethren!

Last edited:
I would certainly see a doctor about these issues, especially a neurologist if your GP isn't helpful.

I personally don't think harm will come of telling your doctor about the drug use, I have had numerous medical expenses after MDMA/other drug use disorders being diagnosed in a hospital system and never had issues. Its possible that your doctor may not actually diagnose you with anything of that sort (It may be a purely verbal exchange with some notes about drug use in your chart). I would be wary of being treated like a headcase (that all your symptoms are psychosomatic), but I would tell them the truth.

Best of luck, feel free to message me if you have any questions,

CY