• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Absolutely No Black Tar on The East Coast?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oozingplazma

Bluelighter
So I am new to the east coast. Currently residing in North Jersey at the moment. I am originally from California where I have grown familiar with black tar heroin. I've tried china white in CA, but it was from one source, and that guys specialty was crack, so the white was wack...
Anyways, I decided to do some experimenting of my own. From what I have read "stamps" are big out here. Now I have only been out here 2 months, and was randomly able to score some tan powder, but was sorely disappointed. No euphoria, simply going in and out of naps for a day. There was no way it was too strong, because I never felt a damn thing, never got sick or literally ANY effect except opening my eyes on my bed to it being an hour later. So periodically nodding out, and then waking up and being totally normal. It was strange. Like I took sleeping pills without the drowsiness before sleeping...

So my question to you fellow east coasters, what's your experience with tar vs powder?

I know I absolutely cannot base east coast dope off of one shitty batch. So I am determined to be enlightened ha.
And if no one really has any experience with tar, what is the powder like vs. stamps? Are there definite different consistencies and colors? Is one better than the other? Or they're virtually the same thing, just different packaging with never really consistent traits defining the other?

There is some consistency with the black in CA, but hey I was only copping from one area.
I prefer to smoke. Snorting is my 2nd route, but man, I just love chasing that dragon as they say. The taste reminds me of baked cookies... fuckin weird I know ha. Thank you for any input :)
Im hoping this will help sharpen my skills with being safe. Carfent is fuckin scary, and not being able to smoke my shit is making things all the more risky...

P.S. You can't smoke the heroin out here?... can you??

Last edited:
In general, you will not ever encounter Black Tar Heroin on the East Coast. I've been using Heroin on the East Coast (Boston) for over a decade and in this time, I've bought dope a fair number of times in Paterson, NJ. In this entire period of time, I've heard of Tar "being around", but don't know anyone personally who's ever gotten it or used it here on the East Coast. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it's rare, especially so going from the New York Metro all the way up to the border with Canada.

This wouldn't be a big deal if things were how they once were, in which case, I'd be welcoming you to the wonderful world of high purity East Coast powder Heroin. Alas, in the past 3 years, I've seen Morphine/Heroin be rapidly overcome in availability by Fentanyl and its analogs. If you're a true connoisseur of Opioids, Fentanyl is generally considered to be a less enjoyable, euphoric experience, which I can attest to.

Not only do you have to contend with finding a reliable connection, you need to worry about finding actual Heroin among a sea of folks claiming to be selling Heroin. The whole market has really crumbled. I'm not saying the dope isn't there, but it's harder to find, for sure.

You can smoke powder but you waste so much. Jersey is funny. Same guy, same stamps, same week can vary tremendously. Definitely plenty of quality stuff but be prepared to be let down, say 1/10 times. You need to head to the city of brotherly love.

In general, you will not ever encounter Black Tar Heroin on the East Coast. I've been using Heroin on the East Coast (Boston) for over a decade and in this time, I've bought dope a fair number of times in Paterson, NJ. In this entire period of time, I've heard of Tar "being around", but don't know anyone personally who's ever gotten it or used it here on the East Coast. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but it's rare, especially so going from the New York Metro all the way up to the border with Canada.

This wouldn't be a big deal if things were how they once were, in which case, I'd be welcoming you to the wonderful world of high purity East Coast powder Heroin. Alas, in the past 3 years, I've seen Morphine/Heroin be rapidly overcome in availability by Fentanyl and its analogs. If you're a true connoisseur of Opioids, Fentanyl is generally considered to be a less enjoyable, euphoric experience, which I can attest to.

Not only do you have to contend with finding a reliable connection, you need to worry about finding actual Heroin among a sea of folks claiming to be selling Heroin. The whole market has really crumbled. I'm not saying the dope isn't there, but it's harder to find, for sure.

Thank you you for taking the time to respond so thorough :]
I have come to realize this type of rift between heroin on the east and west coast. I am so curious as to why the powder stays powder over here, and it turns into a smokeable rock over west... many people claim the tar is insanely cut... but powder can be and IS insanely cut as well! If both powder and rock are cut, I find snorting powder more dangerous than smoking, in my humble opinion.

Plus, original opium was normally smoked if I'm not mistaken... and was dark brown and rock like just like tar.. so tar has the smoking part down and has a closer consistency to the original.. so I am slightly perplexed. Supposedly now a days powder has the purest shit, as well as the most fake shit? Who knows... Curse the greedy goons who have so intrinsically warped this drug.

I tried fentanyl back in 2007. My dealer at the time was buying fent patches off of a cancer patient. I remember not really enjoying it. I cut the gel patch in half. Cut that half in half. And then cut that half in half! I chewed on it, 20 minutes later I was a sedated zombie for 6 hours. No euphoria. Just floated in a sedated non existent stupor.... ceasing to exist isn't my thing. Euphoria/pain relief is the general point. So that was fent 10 years ago. Now with this carfent crap? Man. Total bummer. I intend to be safe though. A few years into addiction, and I still pick soberiety over bunk drugs. I am willing to take the time to be safe and find a credible source.

Are there anythings to look out for that may be a dead giveaway the product is dangerous? (I'm sure it's almost impossible with powder) but there is with tar, so I wonder why not with powder?

You can smoke powder but you waste so much. Jersey is funny. Same guy, same stamps, same week can vary tremendously. Definitely plenty of quality stuff but be prepared to be let down, say 1/10 times. You need to head to the city of brotherly love.

Ahh bummer. Just to make sure I've comprehended correctly, stamps are just powder in a stamped wax packaging right?
And oh man the city of brotherly love? Hahahaha i am now on a hunt to figure out what that is hahaha (don't worry I won't press on the matter, do not want to look like I'm sourcing on here)
Such is the Russian roulette of the game I suppose. I'm gonna go jam on some guitars at a music store by Paterson tomorrow. I'm gonna go scope out Brooklyn too, got some fam over there. Maybe I'll find some brotherly love or somethin of the sorts there haha thanks for your response ^__^

BTH gets a bad rap, but when it's strong, like anywhere close to Mexico, it's the bomb-diggity. Never tried ECP.

we got pink, grey, white, brown, tan....
Welcome to the back-ally tavern of the opiate world, where the sauce is watered down or you get Georgie vodka when ordering top shelf grey goose...

To name a few, fentanyl, carfentanyl, w-18, u-47700 is generally what your going to find with maybe a smidge of heroin. I had a long term habit for quite some time and had never even an opportunity to buy tar. Some of these substances are harmful to the body on their own without accounting for dependance and overdose. U-47700 for instance, is corrosive. After blowing 2-3 months worth up my nose, i had more damage to my septum and sinuses then a previous use cycle of 1.5 years. Might as well have been snorting citric acid. A friend even had his sinus so corroded that it eventually got infected and he almost died from blood poisoning, nothing to do with the actual opiate high/dependance, all because of a chem sold as heroin which was clearly not. Also dependance on any one of these substances is a nightmare, you cant even sleep a full night because POS fent lasts half (?) the duration of actual diacetylmorphine and WD's wake you up after 4-5 hours. Then the latter two i mentioned, the RC's induce withdrawal that is more psychological then physical. Now you may think that not vomiting and shitting your brains out is a good thing, but its a pleasure compared to time slowing to a standstill and border line psychosis to the point where the only salvation is a dose or bashing your head into a support beam till unconsciousness ensues. Just enduring these WD's untill one can take suboxone safely is enough to strongly consider suicide. Test your shit... Its a scary world to get high in nowadays.. I would honestly rather stick to kratom then risk an instant OD (people dunno how to mix their fent properly) or serious bodily harm on par with krokodil... Best of luck, stay safe.

Im not sure if he was refering to the bags or powder. Post above covered the powder so Ill go with the bags. They mostly white or kinda cream in color or blue. But the actual stamp could be anything. Red, blue, black, green. Its like ecstasy pills where each one has its own name and design.

Im not sure if he was refering to the bags or powder. Post above covered the powder so Ill go with the bags. They mostly white or kinda cream in color or blue. But the actual stamp could be anything. Red, blue, black, green. Its like ecstasy pills where each one has its own name and design.

Both... ive seen people repackage bags (use the powder and replace/reseal) and have gotten bags that where mostly fent/other if not entirely. People are pressing counterfeit pharmaceuticals all over the US as well. Nothing is safe anymore, been cases of legit cannabis being loaded up with other drugs including opiates and RC's. These people need to be strung up in the streets...

BTH gets a bad rap, but when it's strong, like anywhere close to Mexico, it's the bomb-diggity. Never tried ECP.

Hell yeah man! 2007 40mg oxy cotin and some good black are by far thee most euphoric substances I have ever tried. I even had to check myself and think "but wait, some clean ass molly/moonrock is up there"... but ahh. That slight stimulant feeling can be uncomfortable to me. The fluctuating body temp, constant need to squirm and feel everything around you, and the tripped out eyes... some clean tar is like the mdma euphoria without all the side effects. Just pure peace, euphoria, and orgasmic tingling on every nerve of your body..
aha im sorry I am totally getting lost in a day dream as I type this, wow. Yeah, somethin about SMOKING heroin is my absolute favorite. So I am slightly black tar biased I suppose -__-
I have a strong belief that the part of body you absorb your drug through can somewhat profoundly change the experience of the drug psychologically (duh). Ha.
And hey man, if I can get some good powder, I'll let ya know how it is compared to black haha

Last edited:
we got pink, grey, white, brown, tan....
Welcome to the back-ally tavern of the opiate world, where the sauce is watered down or you get Georgie vodka when ordering top shelf grey goose...

To name a few, fentanyl, carfentanyl, w-18, u-47700 is generally what your going to find with maybe a smidge of heroin. I had a long term habit for quite some time and had never even an opportunity to buy tar. Some of these substances are harmful to the body on their own without accounting for dependance and overdose. U-47700 for instance, is corrosive. After blowing 2-3 months worth up my nose, i had more damage to my septum and sinuses then a previous use cycle of 1.5 years. Might as well have been snorting citric acid. A friend even had his sinus so corroded that it eventually got infected and he almost died from blood poisoning, nothing to do with the actual opiate high/dependance, all because of a chem sold as heroin which was clearly not. Also dependance on any one of these substances is a nightmare, you cant even sleep a full night because POS fent lasts half (?) the duration of actual diacetylmorphine and WD's wake you up after 4-5 hours. Then the latter two i mentioned, the RC's induce withdrawal that is more psychological then physical. Now you may think that not vomiting and shitting your brains out is a good thing, but its a pleasure compared to time slowing to a standstill and border line psychosis to the point where the only salvation is a dose or bashing your head into a support beam till unconsciousness ensues. Just enduring these WD's untill one can take suboxone safely is enough to strongly consider suicide. Test your shit... Its a scary world to get high in nowadays.. I would honestly rather stick to kratom then risk an instant OD (people dunno how to mix their fent properly) or serious bodily harm on par with krokodil... Best of luck, stay safe.

Before I respond, on a side note I must say, you speak so eloquently! Haha. Thank you, this was some insanely good info right here!

Hahahaha back-alley tavern of the opiate world, that's great ! Now I've heard of that u-47700 shit. Some super large animal tranquilizer if I'm not mistaken. Like rhinos and crap. The w-18... oh man, all this synthetic crap is truly disheartening. But I'll try to tell myself it's a blessing in disguise.. for I have only used twice in the past month due to my caution and weariness..

And jeezus... I am sorry this bunk shit messed up your septum. I truly hope you have recovered well <=[
and oh man, your friend almost dying? God I believe it. It's all completely veered away from its natural state. Opium and even morphine at least are semi synthetic. But this new full synthetic opiate shit... I now consider my smack on the same level as meth. And hey no offense to meth users, to each his own, but that super synthetic chemical shit just DOES NOT sit well in my body and brain. I have had severely adverse reactions to meth while everyone else was normal..
so yeah anyway, this synthetic carfent and its crap cousins is truly a new low for my beloved vice of choice :( truly sad..

i cant even begin to imagine the pain for those withdrawals. I've already wanted to slit my throat on a couple past withdrawals, but with fake crap like that...man. Props to you. You are truly a survivor of some horrific unspeakable atrocities and pain..

and yeah I got some red dragon and maeng da kratom that I have been takin to help with the post acute withdrawals. I have developed a pretty good withdrawal treatment, but the post acute is brutal. Kratom helps a lot. But for the past month, every god damn night dreaming about heroin, every. Damn. Night. On the fuckin dot, it's fuckin me up bad. I have yet to implement a solid psychological plan to help me cope...
but especially after everyone's kind advice, thank you. I will stay strong in my resolve to be safe.
Seriously, thank you! I think I'm gonna steer clear of anything pink, grey, and white.

Ahh I see. Ok! Thank you for the info ^__^ so hm.. does this mean if I get stamps, that I would be unable to see the color of the powder easily? Cuz that's super sketch for me. I need to see what I'm buyin before I get it.. but crap, that's a whole nother game and risk of it's own huh?. Askin a dealer to show me the color of his product. "Open up the stamp and let me see the color"... somethin tells me I just may get sassed or slapped for questioning the integrity of some dudes dope over here.. I have been told I will get kid napped and raped (I look white and am female) but I carry a knife that I do not fear using and a taser. Have martial arts training, as well as trained with many different firearms and disarming techniques. And am tall with piercings, tattoos and a resting bitch face, so I have good faith if I shmob with a friend in Philly or Newark or somethin that I won't be total mince meat.... ahah.
but who knows. I needa hear from some females on this one hah.

You should shmob in Philly for sure. :)

My boy used to make the street guys count out bags (some are notorious for shorting you). He was nuts and probably would have asked to see the actual powder but yeah you cant really tell quickly just by visual inspection. I usually just wanted to get the fuck out of there as I was a white boy in the hood lol.

Both... ive seen people repackage bags (use the powder and replace/reseal) and have gotten bags that where mostly fent/other if not entirely. People are pressing counterfeit pharmaceuticals all over the US as well. Nothing is safe anymore, been cases of legit cannabis being loaded up with other drugs including opiates and RC's. These people need to be strung up in the streets...

yeah dude I was gettin fake 30mg blues back in CA, as well as zannys that had fent... not cool man. Luckily I had a couple older friends who sold me some of their script, and a couple consistent black hooks, so I guess it's like ya said, it's all about finding those diamond in the rough dealers. Consistent, clean, but even that is never an eternal guarantee.

Random question, can the color be a clue as to what I should most definitely stay away from? Pink and grey to me sound like they could absolutely never be legit...

Not really. Never seen pink but had grey, white, tan. All were pretty legit.

You should shmob in Philly for sure. :)

My boy used to make the street guys count out bags (some are notorious for shorting you). He was nuts and probably would have asked to see the actual powder but yeah you cant really tell quickly just by visual inspection. I usually just wanted to get the fuck out of there as I was a white boy in the hood lol.

Haha I totally plan to shmob out in Philly! I really wanna see those rocky steps, and was told there's a lot of badass art museums! (I LOVE art) I've heard there's some good shit out there.

And aw man, your boy had guts haha. My dude was tellin me he went to philly a couple times (white boy). The first time some chick was yellin out her window "I HATE GOD DAMN WHITE PEOPLE, FUCK!!" and then he went to a rave another time, and after the rave sittin in his car, a dude walked up and pointed a shotgun in his face askin for all his money... here's the plot twist!

He ended up makin the guy with the shotgun feel bad. He's all "man... really man? I'm dead broke. I have this shitty phone. It's a shitty $40 metro phone.." and he gave the dude like the chilliest most saddest face and the guy with the shotgun felt bad and said "damn man, I wish we met under different circumstances.." and he just left. Didn't rob my him. Just felt all guilty and walked away all sad... HAHAHA no fuckin joke!... so Philly can't be that bad :D

the fuck is kratam? damn dude out of all the posts ive seeen on H yours scared the shit outta me. its that bad huh? maybe its different in different regions . providence

Kratom is a plant from East Asia that has opioid and stimulant effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.