• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Short term medi for anxiety depression?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonelyBerry

Greenlighter
I wanna withdraw from venlafaxine and don't know what to take that works against depression and anxiety as needed.

Maybe seroquel but that only makes me tired and I don't think this medication can relief bad mood as an "as-needed" basis. (tried it already but not very long)

I really wanna be self-CONFIDENCE that venlafaxine already made (but I had bad days on it too!!!). But venlafaxine made me a bit of a "zombie". All SSRIs made me like a "zombie". They removed ambitions, empathic feelings, motivation and so on...

Actually, I really want to drink a lot IN ORDER TO feel empathy and more like that. Maybe this would be the same without medications too, but I'm sure this medicine took something away from me. :-(((

I'm not sooo depressed that I think I have to be on this drug forever. I really want something that I only take ONLY WHEN I have the feeling that I want to take away, like bad anxiety, depressed feeling.
I am not talking about the 'normal' feeling that EVERYONE has like when someone dies or anything like that. I talk about this IRRATIONAL depressed feeling about nothing. Like real small things can trigger this awful depression anxiety state.

Benzos are things that doctors are prescribing as a last resort although my general practitioner said that eventually he'll prescribe it to me if I cannot handle anxiety.

Do benzos make one MORE depressed or LESS depressed despite removing anxiety?
Do benzodiazepines like Valium ease uncontrollable crying spells?

Or should I take rather quetiapine as needed?
Do quetiapine ease crying spells?

Or are there better substances in order to take away IRRATIONAL uncontrollable pain without taking medicine every day that make one less ambitious? (so please no ssris)

People respond differently to different medications. We aren't professionals here, so can't make that call.

These questions you'll want to direct to your care provider(s) and possibly your pharmacist.

If you feel validated in your quest, we're not the ones that need your reasoning.

Closed. PM if need/re-formed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.