• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Cocaine and Marquis reagent

Ripplyuk

Bluelighter
I ordered this test kit so that I could test MDMA but I thought I'd try it with cocaine too. Although cocaine is not listed on the info sheet that came with it, I thought it would still do something. It didn't change colour at all. Does this mean the coke is rubbish? Does it usually react or is it just the wrong test?

I ordered this test kit so that I could test MDMA but I thought I'd try it with cocaine too. Although cocaine is not listed on the info sheet that came with it, I thought it would still do something. It didn't change colour at all. Does this mean the coke is rubbish? Does it usually react or is it just the wrong test?

Which test are you using? You should always aim to use more than one test for identifying a substance in case the one you choose is not able to detect a particular adulterant.

I don't know what it is. I bought it on online and it just said 'Marquis reagent'. It's not meant to test cocaine but I thought it would still do something. It didn't even fizz. I can't afford to buy all the tests. They're a bit expensive.

Ah sorry, I missed the title.

Yes, the marquis reagent isn't really ideal for cocaine because it gives no colour change for cocaine (but does detect MDPV etc). Really it should be paired with the mandelin reagent (to look for some other cuts) and the liebermann reagent to look for the cocaine itself.

So this doesn't tell you that you have good cocaine or bad cocaine, just that your powder has reacted in the same way as cocaine or some other things would. So you can be sure it doesn't contain MDPV, methylone or amphetamine but you can't be sure whether it contains cocaine.