• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

2cb

The open-eye visuals. Those are a no-no for me. I did LSD one time while having sex and it was the worst experience ever.

The open-eye visuals. Those are a no-no for me. I did LSD one time while having sex and it was the worst experience ever.

Yeah I mean that's dose dependent but you're going to get that with any psychadelic

2cb will also give open eye visuals, (oevs). Any drug categorized as a hallucinogen will produce oevs and cevs. In varying forms.

The disruption to cognitive understanding is a bit less on 2cb than say LSD or mushrooms etc. This is the main reason iti is considered a lighter hallucinogen, or often its empathetic qualitites, although lite , allow it to be compared to mdma. Howeverm it isnt anything like mdma, it is much much more like any other hallucinogenic chemical.

Ecstasy counts as a psychedelic right? I never got oevs on it even when i OD'd and the closed-eye visuals were too abstract.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. Wikipedia does say one symptom of 2CB is excessive smiling and giggling? Is this true? Because that part sounds similar to MDMA.

That is similar to MDMA in the same way that it is also similar to being, say, completely sober. Drugs and sobreity share similar characteristics, on paper. The reality is often quite different, because drugs so heavily amplify said characteristics. It's all just the human experience.

And as I said earlier:

There are some very notable differences. I'd say that MDMA is primarily an empathogen with psychedelic tendencies, whereas 2c-b is a psychedelic with empathogenic properties.

They are very different chemicals, but they can serve the same purpose i.e dancing, spending time with friends, etc. Whether or not this is viable, and to what degree, depends pretty much entirely on the person who is taking it.

Ecstasy counts as a psychedelic right? I never got oevs on it even when i OD'd and the closed-eye visuals were too abstract.

Kind of. It certainly has some psychedelic properties, but it is not a classical psychedelic. There is a certain degree of ambiguity. The word psychedelic essentially means 'mind manifesting'.

Last edited:
Mda will give those visuals. But mdma sits in this unique category that spurned the name entactogen or entheogen. T was intentionally defined outside of hallucinogen or psychedelic.

Mda will give those visuals. But mdma sits in this unique category that spurned the name entactogen or entheogen. T was intentionally defined outside of hallucinogen or psychedelic.

Visuals of MDA are no where comparable to LSD at regular doses. Indeed MDA is a classical example of a powerful entheogen, only visuals I noticed on ~150mg was brighter colors. With a ~150ug LSD the visuals would be relatively apparent for someone like me. You have to take a large dose of entactogens (MDxx) to really experience some sort of eye wiggle effect from what I have heard, but I have no experience.

Gotcha. In that case, I can safely say I am removed from psychedelics. But about your quote "I'd say that MDMA is primarily an empathogen with psychedelic tendencies", isn't it more accurate to say MDMA is primarily an amphetamine with empathogenic qualities?

You have to take a large dose of entactogens (MDxx) to really experience some sort of eye wiggle effect from what I have heard

What do eye wiggles have to do with eye visuals? You don't need a high dose of MDxx to get eye wiggles, nystagmus is very common side effect. I got it with 250mg but not with half of that. But I never got any concrete visuals on any dose. The most coherent hallucination I ever saw on mdma was warping heads, buildings and random scenery that faded quickly before I could make out the shape or details. Upon opening my eyes, the visuals stopped.

Inds, your clrification that mdma is an amphetamine with empathetic qualities is correct by chemical definition. However, there are many ways to class mdma, giving rise to its uniqueness.

Amphtetamine, yes.
Phenethylamine, yes
entactogen, yes
Entheogen, yes
Stimulant, yes.
Intoxicant yes.
Etc.

Point is the difference from traditional psychedelics is stark

Wiserthanearlier, got it. And doesn't meth also cause eye wiggles without being an empathogen?

Dont think traditional eye wiggles can occur with meth. Distortion of vision, sure but not classic eye wiggles.

In fact, it seems interesting that any chemical that mimics empathogens has some level of eye wiggles.
Or
Said differently, it seems any chem producing eye wiggles seems to also fall into the category of an empathogen, or ecstasy like drug.

What is the association between eye wiggles and ,mdma like drugs?
but no meth doesnt produce eye wiggles, at least as a general effect for most.

Hmm, any methhead on here to confirm or deny this? My friend did it for a week and he said he was seeing "double vision" plus another user on here confirmed nystagmus being an effect of meth.
According to the FAQ, eye wiggles is caused by motion sickness. Your body wants to vomit but you don't feel quite sick enough yet. So I'm thinking as long as a drug makes you feel nauseous, your eyes will wiggle. I've taken oxytocin which is empathy in its purest form and I don't remember getting nystagmus.

I've only done 2c-b 2 or 3 times. It usually makes me really nauseous in pill form but in powder, its a pretty sexy drug.

I should clarify, i have used meth a fair amount, albeit, not for years. Eye wiggles arent a symtom, however, blurred and double vision can sorta happen after days of use. Oh and i havent ever done iv but i think vision is affected from a decent sized shot. Again, not eye wiggles though.

It highly likely the person who told you this unknowingly took 4fma, mephedrone or other stimulating RC. These can produce eye wiggles for sure.