What can I take to help with CNS recovery?

Krat1712

Greenlighter
Can't afford HGH. I get plenty of sleep and eat a lot. I do have a lot of stress in my life so I'm sure that's a factor. I lift eod. Maybe I go too hard with too many drop/supersets. Kratom gives me crazy energy and I probably do more than I can recover from.

Symptoms I get are shakiness, trouble sleeping, impaired cognition to some extent. Thanks in advance.

Growth is the only thing I've personally really seen results with. Other than that, definitely rest and it may take dropping volume in your workouts or doing less stuff like sets to failure, drop sets, etc

Experiment with different combinations of frequency, intensity and volume. I don't feel nearly as much CNS fatigue after increasing frequency and cutting volume.

Growth is the only thing I've personally really seen results with. Other than that, definitely rest and it may take dropping volume in your workouts or doing less stuff like sets to failure, drop sets, etc

Ya I think you're right. I just get in the zone and I need to exercise some self discipline and cut down on those drop sets and going to complete failure so much. I remember you saying that supplementing dhea and prenenolone helps with fatigue so I'll give that a shot. I'm Placebo from PH forum BTW.
Experiment with different combinations of frequency, intensity and volume. I don't feel nearly as much CNS fatigue after increasing frequency and cutting volume.

I'll definitely try out some different things because I've basically done the same frequency, intensity, and volume for a long time now. I'm running 850 test e/p, 350 npp, and 200 of really good tren e at the moment so my muscles recover quick, just not my damn CNS ha.

Ya, well my advice may be more geared toward mitigating that fried feeling in the gym. I never really ha CNS issues beyond a couple hours past my workouts. Like where I take a deep breath and it feels like electric current down my arms.

Kratom messes with my training intensity if I take it within 5 or so hours of the gym. After could work, but I've tried working out on it and I lose the edge/drive.

But still, it couldn't hurt seeing how your body responds to different combinations of said three things.

Deep stretching. Hot baths. Massages and massage chairs/devices. GHRPs. Reduced eccentric duration. More sleep. More sex. Fun hobbies/recreational activities.

Deep stretching. Hot baths. Massages and massage chairs/devices. GHRPs. Reduced eccentric duration. More sleep. More sex. Fun hobbies/recreational activities.
I couldn't agree more. Destressing and more sleep definitely improves things along with total overall quality of life.

Probably need to do some of this as well lol. Might put the sauna and some foam rolling on my list this weekend

Train more. Your CNS will adapt. More sets, heavier weight, less reps. Then speed lift days. Then lightweight rep days. I spend about 1 hour per compound lift.

^Lol that is one thing that does not apply to everyone and would be extremely poor advice for most people. If it came to cardio related activity, it would generally apply. If I did that with weights though, and I have, I'd end up feeling like shit with jacked up cortisol, looking like shit (also due to jacked up cortisol) with no ability to recover, and inured.

Uh but you guys are on steroids, i'm all natural so quit whining. Olympic lifters train every day. I am a powerlifter and I train every day. I make sure to eat enough and sleep enough.

Smoke some weed, relax, get that sleep in. Get enough aminos thru good food or supplements. A beer or 2 wont hurt.

Uh but you guys are on steroids, i'm all natural so quit whining. Olympic lifters train every day. I am a powerlifter and I train every day. I make sure to eat enough and sleep enough.

Smoke some weed, relax, get that sleep in. Get enough aminos thru good food or supplements. A beer or 2 wont hurt.

Do you even understand how the central nervous system functions...

You do realize that steroids don't aid in CNS recovery, correct? Potentially even the opposite since they increase your ability to train past typical limits

Edit: I supplement 30-40g of BCAAs per day along with intake of 300-350g protein per day and I get 7-8 hours a night like clockwork and if I trained every day, my CNS would be shot in 3 weeks

No I didn't realize about the recovery part. I was under the impression that you can just gain a lot more on roids than being all natural. 20 pounds of muscle a month vs 5 pounds natty.

No I didn't realize about the recovery part. I was under the impression that you can just gain a lot more on roids than being all natural. 20 pounds of muscle a month vs 5 pounds natty.

Gaining muscle has nothing to do with CNS function and CNS recovery. Also, if you're natural (with training history - ie not a noob) you're doing good gaining 5lbs of LBM per year. Same with gear once you plateau, you'll just stall after a number of years at a much higher limit than if you were natural

Thanks for the info, i'm not lifting to be a bodybuilder, I just powerlift for functional muscle for my work.

I do train almost everyday, and I did this when natural as well, but I keep daily volume rather low on the compounds and I undulate intensity. I tried running Smolov for both bench and squat last spring to peak for a meet and that destroyed my CNS. I can only go balls to the wall on deadlift or bench once per week. It took me a lot of trail and error to figure out what worked best for me. But adding testosterone into the mix didn't feel like it did anything for my CNS. If you read my progress log, I do complain a lot about pain.

I kinda get what Olympic lifters are doing and how they can keep it together doing high frequency low volume, but those people are freaks and probably are in a lot of pain but just want that glory that bad. If there was more money to be won in powerlifting, I'd push myself harder.

I deadlift every day. Not with insane weights, just a 155 pound warmup then ramp up to 225 for reps. If I feel like it i will do 5 sets of 3 with 315. Im not that big.

Key thing to remember whenever we discuss open-ended things like this is that we're just throwing around ideas. We all have different genetics and lifestyles and ultimately need to figure out for ourselves what suits us best on that basis. I see too many people pushing on with things that clearly aren't working for them because others have said it's a good idea. Listen to your bodies folks.