• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Article: Woman gets $400K worth of Oxycodone instead of yoga mat.

Damn! if only that would happen to me! I do have an oxy script but it isn't big enough for things that I want to do with oxy.

I could finally work freely on ether cleavage (to oxymorphone), esterifications (of the 14' OH group), both, oxidation of the 14-OH to a carbonyl and elimination of the 6-OH to a desomorphine analog....the intermediate alpha-chloro- bromo- iodo- and fluoromorphides (have tried alpha-chloromorphide and it proved the wikipedia article to be total bollocks, a placeholder and nothing more. It states '10x morphine', whilst in actual fact it is barely even an opioid in the sense we think of them, certainly a weak MOR agonist, a very weak one, in that it could ameliorate opiate withdrawal upon injection, no rush, yet followed by psychostimulant effects of a purely cerebral nature, no adrenergic type peripheral bodyload whatsoever. Very few things I can compare it to. Seems like it'll have convulsant effects in excessive doses since I had to terminate the trial at the last dosage step-up made due to induction of clonus of the extremities, which I believe would have turned into seizure activity had the dose been pushed higher by enough of a margin, so of course that, I did not do. I have SOME limits as to what I'm prepared to undergo for the pursuit of scientific knowledge)

I am as my first guess, thinking its a delta opioid receptor agonist, and for a second bet, a strychnine-like drug, acting as a strychnine-sensitive glycine receptor antagonist. (this came from morphine via treatment of an ice-cold solution of the sulfate in acetone, along with a base to absorb acidic gaseous byproducts like HCl and SO2 and dropwise, addition of an ice-cold acetonic solution of thionyl chloride to morphine, a drop of isopropanol was added based on experience of the propionylation of morphine employing the acid chloride, in the latter case vigorous reaction only seemed to start on many occasions after addition of a single drop of a dry alcohol, isopropanol typically being the one used, and it seemed to for whatever reason, kickstart the reaction) and subsequently vacuum-distilling off the unwanted gaseous byproducts, removing the solvent and reclamation of any traces of unreacted SOCl2)

I'd LOVE to have a chance like that old lady got, to delve into oxy chemistry and not have to worry about each and every microgram adhering to walls of tiny 25 and 50ml flasks, saving a couple of caps a day if I was going try it at all, with it taking many months before I had enough even to isolate the oxy. To be able to work on 10s of grams scale at a time would be brilliant, to have enough to explore things that haven't been done already and get creative..a dream come true.

Not to say I wouldn't lock all the house doors and set trip-mines loaded with shrapnel and something like ICl, CrO2Cl2 or just plain ol' fashioned oleum around the doors ready to blow anybody kicking the doors in to meatpaste and melt whatever is left to bubbling goo. Just in case somebody did plan on coming my way with a baseball bat, and you can just bet there'd be a wide-mouthed beaker left filled with concentrated sulfuric acid within easy throwing reach whilst working =D (not the kind of thing I'd usually do to anybody of course, but far better that than being kidnapped by gangbangers and skinned alive then salted :p)

Orange County Florida is having a no questions asked prescription drug dropoff like they occasionally do for guns. I'd just quietly get rid of them that way.

My one problem with that would be the anonymity. At least with calling the cops with a stash this huge it'd hit the news. The true owner would likely learn ahead of time what happened and probably not come looking seeing that they ended up with Joe Citizen who just turned them into authorities and I feel like there'd be less to worry about this way.

Doing it that way wouldn't really give you the benefit of the doubt since the package showed up at your door and disappeared....much like if you'd sold it or passed it to someone to sell for you.

I was never into selling anything and never into the pill scene and especially never anything of such scale so this is all just my own assumption but these are my reasons for calling the police to my home.