• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Are we happy in this world?

Markomarkh

Bluelighter
Right you feeling down? just think life is a miracle and should be happy really, but are you? How happy are you with your life? Could it be better or worse? Is your life just as depressing as mine sometimes, do people really have better life's than you or is life felt pretty much the same for everyone? Do you feel something missing? I'm greatful I have good parents to live at home with even though I'm 38 now. I'm greatful I've got a fairly decent country even though I like to criticise it a lot. (Uk) I've got good food my mum cooks and ive got a supportive dad. Ive got internet and technology to make diy music techno with. Ive got my own double bed. What's wrong with my life? Well hardly any friends to speak to, all my school friends moved on. No job. No proper girlfriends that lasted and still a V. Would I be any happier if I had a loving girlfriend and good sex or if I had a few one night stands? Does sex make anyone happier or is it no different from a good pleasurable tug? Why do some men think it's big or their only goal in life is to get laid in life? Have people gone too sex mad now and getting partners for wrong reasons? Yes I get obsessed about it, but should I find other goals in life, it's not the bee end of all is it?

What you think!?

I don't know about you but I find I am at my happiest when I am socializing more. Having just one or two friends makes a big difference, lets not even bring girls into this, because they mostly make men unhappy. When I was earning the most money in my life I was still quite painfully unhappy because on the weekends i would sit around getting drunk by myself playing video games or on stupid forums. Just having one or two friends who you don't even have to see often even like once or twice a fortnight helps a lot. Unfortunately though friends always come and go so not all of us are lucky to have any.

I think happiness comes from persuing whatever you want from life.
Everybody is different, and values different things.

I'm really fortunate to have a lot of great people in my life, and i'm really grateful for that.
But, y'know i appreciate time alone too.

I think there is a big emphasis on sex and love making people happy, and that for a lot of people that's either not true, or overstated.
On the other hand, some people obsess over other things - money, status, material possessions.
All of these things can be unhealthy, but you can strike a reasonable balance too.
I think what is important is to choose the path that works for you. Nobody else can tell you what makes happiness - there's no right or wrong answer.

Love is bitter sweet. You think somebody is perfect and the one, then you realise that was only true for specific moment in time. You just have to take it for what it is. It is beautiful, no doubt. But it hurts.

You could say this for most things.

Life is what you make of it. This can make it really tough.