• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

am i good to roll this week?

Inds

Bluelighter
long story short - march, overdosed, had bad trip, had suicidal comedown the next day, not deterred
april - took half the pill, had a great time
june - took half the pill while sick and in bad mood (and while I was taking Buspirone medication), had bad trip and now seriously deterred
2 weeks ago - took 1/3 of pill (75 mg) and didn't roll but had serious anxiety about it

I really wanna have a good time like in april so I'm gonna try again but can you guys promise me that I wont have another bad trip or panic attacks?

Your mental state is a big factor and not forcing the trip, looks like youd had some issues . Having said that, you overdosed in march, it seems like you're forcing this and thinking about it too much. Its okay i think about it as well, Patience is mandatory. Based on my experience with overdosing where mine was 300-400 mgs I was in and out of conscious and after a couple days was very very depressed crying in my room bc I wanted that high. Maybe mine wasnt quite an overdose or on the line of an overdose , it was abuse and way to high of a dose. I'd say after an overdose you might need at least six months to twelve months of a break. Maybe a reasonable compromise of nine months wait.

Having said all that, in April, June and two weeks ago your still using smaller doses. This little doses arnt much; they can make the wait longer to get a good roll and even longer to get a great roll. Its much better to just wait, do an effective dose, and get a great roll. Its been almost four months for myself, and before that it was four and a half months. Just go with the flow man, dont even plan it, make sure you take the appropriate time off, then when the opportunity presents itself and the stars align, then go for it

Yes, that time in march was my first time, I took too much because I didn't know what was too much. It was 250mg which is 3.7mg per kg for me. But that incident is not what deterred me. The June experience where I took a lot less (110mg) is what seriously fucked me up and since then I can't calm down when I get the urge to take another pill. When I swallowed 75mg that night a few weeks ago, I was freaking out for a full hour and kept anticipating the comeup before finally calming down. I assumed that was because molly kicked in, the "calming effects". Then I looked in the mirror and realized I wasn't rolling at all.
I cant wait 9 months god damn it, I wanna have a good time and be happy for 3 days like in April. That happened just 5 weeks after the OD so it cant seriously take this long, I was told i'm safe as long as I space them out 2 months. I'm ready and wanna do it but for the life of me I cant calm the fuck down, whyyyyy? :(

I'm the same. I "od'd" in april and had the worst trip of my life and had comedown anxiety for about a month. I tried rolling again a month after at a festival but because i was nervous from the bad trip i didnt come up. Three months later and feeling normal again i tried rolling again at another festival however again i didnt come up, either due to nerves or because I didn't take enough because i was nervous. 3 weeks ago i was at a rave and i didnt intend on rolling but all my friends were and tbh i was having a shit time so i said fuck it and decided to take abit (hadn't tested this stuff but my friends seemed fine) and eventually came up. As i was coming up i had alot of anxiety and didn't want to spiral into a panic attack but it soon passed and danced the night away. (Still curious if mdma, it felt similar to mdma, i just wanted to dance and i was enjoying myself more but lacked the 'magic' feeling. Maybe even lost some magic from the od in april?)
I was at a rave last night and because i rolled three weeks ago i decided to drink. Still had a great night. Im going to another rave next month but i STILL have this nervous approach about mdma ever since that horrible trip in april. I hate it because i've had the time of my life on mdma and i just want to be able to enjoy it again without constantly worrying about what happened to happen again.

NGW, I'm like you except the OD did not traumatize me but rather the normal dose in June which I took when I was sick and in a rotten mood. Are you a normally anxious person or only about molly?

Did you really just ask anonymous people on a drug use forum to promise you that you won't have any side effects from taking an unknown drug that you believe to be MDMA......this is why we can't have nice things

Swim15, it is pure MDMA, I have tested it with 6 different reagents.

Swim15, it is pure MDMA, I have tested it with 6 different reagents.

My statement still remains lol. Posing your question in any way is still absurd

Basically "I want anonymous individuals on an internet drug forum to promise me that I won't have a bad experience with an incredibly powerful amphetamine with which I've already had bad experiences...all of which can be influenced by hundreds or thousands of individual unknown genetic factors in regards to drug response"

IMO you've both had multiple bad experiences and dosed too frequently. Wait a few months and then drop it in a good setting with no other pharmaceuticals in the works. Personally I don't know how anyone could have a bad experiende with MDMA (except maybe an anxiety attack but at that point I would argue it was cut with something else) although everyone is different

Why's that? I thought we were here to support each other.

Wait at least another two weeks and take half a pill. But only after you promise yourself this, "you will not psych yourself out over the memory of your bad experiences". Bad trips are always due to anxiety. Knowing that your fear is the only thing making you have a bad experience and not the actual mdma should allow you to relax and have a good time. Just pop it and start casually doing something else not giving it much thought, and before you know it you will be sweatin.

Also, do not take anything else while on MDMA, especially not something terrible like Buspar, which does reduce your roll anyway.

Why's that? I thought we were here to support each other.

Support doesn't mean blind acceptance and re-assurance. Real support includes the truth.

I cant wait 9 months god damn it, I wanna have a good time and be happy for 3 days like in April

It sounds like you have bigger problems than whether or not you'll have a bad time on MDMA.

^Didn't even see that last quote. Yeah, OP, I'd be evaluating other things after that statement way more than whether or not you should be taking MDMA

Wait at least another two weeks and take half a pill. But only after you promise yourself this, "you will not psych yourself out over the memory of your bad experiences". Bad trips are always due to anxiety. Knowing that your fear is the only thing making you have a bad experience and not the actual mdma should allow you to relax and have a good time. Just pop it and start casually doing something else not giving it much thought, and before you know it you will be sweatin.

Also, do not take anything else while on MDMA, especially not something terrible like Buspar, which does reduce your roll anyway.

Hi suidomreh, I didn't roll this week because I fell ill with the flu so I'll be waiting 2 weeks anyway. I know I need to calm down but I can't. I need to find some kind of distraction until the comeup kicks in but I can't think of anything engaging enough. Since my second roll, rolling itself quickly became the only thing in my life that I was looking forward to. I know that's bad. But that's why its hard to become truly engaged in something distracting enough. I'm thinking of watching a movie or anime or playing a video game (nothing violent, I know).

I won't take anything else. I quit Buspirone 4 months ago. That shit is what made me sick in June in the first place. I get gastrointestinal problems maybe 2-3 times a year. On Buspar, I was getting it 2-3 times a month.
You sound knowledgeable about mixing Buspar with MDMA tho. Have you tried it?

Thanks for the post. I guess it's unfair to ask you guys to promise me I won't get a bad trip if I can't make the same assurance that I won't be psyching out over the last one. But then let me phrase it differently:
During the bad trip I was on Buspirone plus I was sick and angry. Next trip, none of those 3 things will be present. Can I still get a bad trip if I'm anxious and keep anticipating the comeup? Or will the panic attacks at least be more manageable? I had two during the good trip in April but I quickly got them under control and the nice pleasures resumed.

psy997 and Swim15, I already know I'm a loser and a fuckin failure. No need to rub it in. But what can I say? I've done what I can to stabilize my life, cut off ties with every negative influence and focused on living peacefully. But with that came a numb, empty existence where I've been in limbo for years. Ecstasy reminded me just how beautiful everything is all over again back in April, but then that bad trip 2 months later fucked everything up.

But then let me phrase it differently: During the bad trip I was on Buspirone plus I was sick and angry. Next trip, none of those 3 things will be present. Can I still get a bad trip if I'm anxious and keep anticipating the comeup? Or will the panic attacks at least be more manageable? I had two during the good trip in April but I quickly got them under control and the nice pleasures resumed.

How quickly does your mind go to the panic and negativity surrounding your previous experiences when thinking about this? MDMA won't reduce that, and if so, not by much. It sounds like there's a bigger mindset issue going on here that is still present, which will manifest itself.

psy997 and Swim15, I already know I'm a loser and a fuckin failure. No need to rub it in. But what can I say? I've done what I can to stabilize my life, cut off ties with every negative influence and focused on living peacefully. But with that came a numb, empty existence where I've been in limbo for years. Ecstasy reminded me just how beautiful everything is all over again back in April, but then that bad trip 2 months later fucked everything up.

I never said you're a loser, nor a fucking failure. Even I did, and even if you are, that gives you that much more room for improvement. It sounds like you've made the physical steps to re-stabilize your life - congratulations! - and are now in a period where emotional and possibly spiritual re-stabilization are necessary.

Do you see how people can become depressed even when everything is perfect in their life on paper? Our well-being is not defined by our physical means and behaviors. You've made the first steps, great. Now it's time to go further. If you're unhappy, there are undoubtedly emotional and spiritual issues present that are affecting your well-being. These need to be solved otherwise nothing you do will bring you happiness, as you've seen. MDMA has the ability to bring you temporary well-being, sure, but it is not sustainable, and as you've found, potentially dangerous.

No one said you are a loser or failure, just that potentially there are other underlying issues you need to address instead of using drugs to deal with.

You are you're decisions and you have complete control over them as an autonomous person so, while difficult many times, you can change your life for the better or worse - however you wish - by your decisions.

How quickly does your mind go to the panic and negativity surrounding your previous experiences when thinking about this?

Right away. And then it comes and goes frequently as I try to fight the thoughts (and fail). I am perfectly calm right now when thinking about it and talking about it so I won't feel any anxiety until I start a routine to retrieve a pill or engaged in anything involved in preparation for a roll such as setting up my rave lights.
It's hard to explain but the first overdose in March caused me no trauma despite the horrible crash because I have no emotional memory of it. I remember logically what it was like but that's about it. The bad trip in June I actually did not experience a crash at all. I felt perfectly fine 6 hours after the roll and only slightly depressed the next day. The problem is, my recollection of this experience was emotional as well as logical, so I'm guessing I'm feeling now what they call trauma. During the comeup of that bad trip (it came way faster than usual) I was feeling very negative and the intensity kept increasing. I put on a video of the cutest little kitten ever in an attempt to mitigate the negative thoughts but it wasn't working. Anger turned to paranoia, paranoia turned to panic and I ended up in bed in a fetal position, involuntarily rubbing myself and all the classic symptoms of an mdma roll, doing my best to feel some pleasure to counteract the pain. The next few hours was what I can only describe as a very intense bipolar episode. I would feel extremely happy for about 10 seconds before crashing and feeling extremely dysphoric for the same amount of time before feeling very euphoric again. Rinse and repeat for the next few hours. Very violent ups and downs.

Since then, even when I'm feeling really good, I start to anticipate a crash so of course a crash does happen. This is how it was 3 weeks ago when I took 75mg. I wasn't even high yet I was freaking out for a full hour, going back and forth from forced happy thoughts to extreme anxiety.

MDMA won't reduce that, and if so, not by much. It sounds like there's a bigger mindset issue going on here that is still present, which will manifest itself.

That's the thing, the June bad trip fucked up my mindset. I'm thinking the only way to reverse this is to have a good roll again. That one in April noticeably improved my outlook on life. Since the one in June, I've been having bad mood swings and far worse anxiety than I have before. That failed low-dose roll made me slightly more comfortable but the fact that I couldn't calm the fuck down for a full hour is still very discouraging.

Do you see how people can become depressed even when everything is perfect in their life on paper? Our well-being is not defined by our physical means and behaviors. You've made the first steps, great. Now it's time to go further. If you're unhappy, there are undoubtedly emotional and spiritual issues present that are affecting your well-being.

Here's the thing, for the past 8 years since recovering from an oxycodone addiction, I have been neither happy nor depressed and lived a sedentiary lifestyle. I had social anxiety and paranoia stemming from the long period I spent in isolation but nothing else out of the ordinary. I was content but came to believe I was suffering because I noticed the rich emotional range other people displayed and how happy they seemed while I had trouble being moved by the slightest because I perceived everything in a concrete way. My mood was always at baseline. Wanting to attain some empathy and thus some interpersonal skills and an increased ability to feel some happiness and pleasure that everybody else enjoys, I experimented with some expired oxytocin and achieved positive results. But since that shit spoiled too easily, I turned to ecstasy as it was the closest alternative and wasn't so sensitive to weathering.

But since that bad roll, I've been having mood swings where the peaks keep getting lower and lower and the depressive periods getting longer and more common. So now I'm on a permanent diet of 5-HTP which has restabilized me back to baseline. But this only cured the depression, not the anxiety.

No one said you are a loser or failure, just that potentially there are other underlying issues you need to address instead of using drugs to deal with.

You are you're decisions and you have complete control over them as an autonomous person so, while difficult many times, you can change your life for the better or worse - however you wish - by your decisions.

Yeah but I don't think I have serious underlying issues. I was never depressed or happy the past 8 years until my recent drug use. NOW I have underlying issues but they are not complex. They completely revolve around one bad girl: molly.

Yeah but I don't think I have serious underlying issues. I was never depressed or happy the past 8 years until my recent drug use. NOW I have underlying issues but they are not complex. They completely revolve around one bad girl: molly.
I could be wrong here, but didn't you mention that you had schizophrenia at some point? This isn't meant as an attack or criticism or anything but to me, that is a serious underlying issue. This doesn't mean that you can't use MDMA but it does mean that it is even harder to know how you will respond to it. Couple that with the MDMA-induced anxiety issue you are experiencing and it becomes impossible

I think the most important questions to ask is "how do I feel when I think about rolling again?". If you feel uneasy thinking about it, wait until you feel good about it and postpone your roll. If you are however looking forward to rolling again and are asking these questions more as a precaution than because you don't feel well about rolling, you could try for a low dose and see how you respond. Though I get the feeling the latter is not the case for you. I think mindset is going to be your biggest ally or biggest enemy in a case such as this. In the end we can't make this decision for you and we can't tell you if you will or won't get anxiety or other side-effects. Listen to your gut feeling and only follow that, it is right most of the time when it comes to drugs

The number one rule I always held myself to in my entire drug-using career is: When in doubt, DON'T. Always works