• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Jumping

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I?ve been on .25 klonopin for three weeks. Than .25 morning and evening and .125 afternoon for a week. Today I got a prescription of 800 mg of gabapentin to help the transition. I?ve been on gabapentin before so it?s not new.

I?ve been off of it for nine days with the helps of bupe. But last February I was yanked off three mg three times a day and did a sis day phenobarbital withdrawal. Got hope completely out of my mind. Knew that gabapentin could ease klonopin withdrawal so I took over a period of five hours twenty two.

That night I had two grand mal seizures. The docs where saying it was the gabapentin which I can kinda see but I also the ignorant doctors yanking me off three mg of k was also part of it.

So today I made up my mind from being on klonopin for three months after my three month nightmare that I?m jumping using the gabapentin.

I?m not entertaining the idea to get High on gabapentin because I know that will only make things worse. I take 8 mg Suboxone and three 800 mg gabapentin a day. Also take six mg of risperdal and 45 mg of Remeron.

Today is my day of making my life changing efforts known. Hopefully it pans out well and I don?t go through the nightmarishly psychosis type of withdrawals.

My main concern was the klonopin seizures even tho I?m on a low dose. Still possible so I made sure gabapentin was in there helping me.

Can anyone here offer me any advice on what I should expect. I mean I know what a ct can and does feel like. But do I have a better chance with the conditions I?m working with this time?

Hey mate Im sorry I have no idea as not had similar experience but hopefully someone can answer soon.

Wish I could help I'm three days off oxymorphone insuflated daily using kratom and Valium and can't complain. Got up this morning turned on Spotify and had one of the best mornings I have had in months. Clear headed and just a little bit of stiff joints. I was up a little bit last night with RLS but nothing that would make me go running for a fix. Good luck to you

Sonic, I'm not sure I understand. Did the doctors prescribe the 800 gabapentin knowing what you were planning to do? I'm just trying to understand if your plan is being medically supervised?

I don’t trust doctors anymore. The sub doc knew I was coming off the klonopin. I kept it a secret with my PCP because I just didn’t want to be judged. In TN they yanked me off of 3 mg a day habit. I had two grand mal seizures. So I had a refill I could get. I fired my doc. Got the refill. Moved back to Oklahoma and started doing the Ashton manual type thing as best I could with what I have.

Today I have felt no withdrawals. And I haven’t craved klonopin either. The thing is that Suboxone not only takes away my opiate cravings. But all the dangerous choices I was making also. No no doctor knew of my plan to use gabapentin to override the klonopin withdrawal. But it’s doing a great job. So I see no harm in having to be my own doctor since most only care about there pockets.

Well, it sounds like what you are doing is working. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Will you be able to get subs prescribed for you in Oklahoma?

I live in Oklahoma right now so yes. Last night I had a nocturnal seizure. The biggest indicator that this happened was I wet the bed. Yesterday was my full day without klonopin. So it’s going to be harder than I think. I must have epilepsy because when they yanked me off of three mg klonopin a day I had two grand mal seizures the same way. When I was asleep.

This stuff always seem to happen on the weekends. I don’t want to go to the ER but I may have to. I don’t know what else to do. I know gabapentin doesn’t do jack for seizures in my life.

Sounds like a tough situation... I think it might be wise for you to talk to someone about your seizures. I've had a grand mal seizure from benzo WDs and it is no fun, not to mention potentially life threatening. If you are having them on the regular then I would think it is something to be concerned about and probably something you should be seeking treatment for.

Well once you have one. If you have more your chances of having another one get bigger. So it’s no surprise that once I quit the klonopin that I had a seizure. Gabapentin is really not a good anti Epilepsy drug. It is good for pain but that’s about it plus I’ve been abusing it since 2010 so you can see why it probably has just burned itself out.

I do plan on calling my doctor and either leaving a message or calling them tomorrow. Nocturnal seizures are not but can be grand mal seizures. There absolutely painless. I just come out of it very confused. It’s not coincidence that they keep happing when I drop the klonopin. So I doubt it’s a brain tumor but def Epilepsy. Just keep me in your thoughts guys. I’m trying my best to turn my life around.

How long does the confusion last after your nocturnal seizures? I remember feeling out of it for a month or two. Friends told me I was acting funny for at least a month. I was a very heavy smoker at the time but after the seizure smoking would make me very anxious, paranoid and have mild hallucinations.

Not long. Maybe like two hours. I went back to sleep and slept until this morning and woke up very concerned. So I don’t know about you but I didn’t really stay confused. I’m trying to get in contact w my doctor to see if we can make a plan on helping me get off of it completely.

I had a grand mal seizure after going through a psychotic episode, so it sounds like my situation might have been a little different than yours, but even still I think you are doing the smart thing by seeking help from a medical professional. Hopefully you can get things taken care of. Benzo WD is not something you want to try and tough out.