I got to meet Tiesto!!! - Who is on your "meet" list?

zombiesarepeaceful

Bluelighter
So on October 6th there was a Tiesto show in Pittsburgh, PA. I drove almost 5 hours there just for this show. I bought the meet and greet upgrade ticket, and leading up to it I wasn't sure what to expect. I had never done a meet and greet with any artist before. I got to the venue later than I planned, the line to get in was long, and I was seriously pissed off thinking that I would miss my chance at the meet and greet and had spent that money all for nothing.

So I finally got in and ran around trying to find this mythical table that they told people in the email to meet at before the meet and greet. I finally found it (literally an unmarked table in the back of the building) and told them I got lost and blah blah blah, was I too late? They looked at each other and said ok. I was the last person they allowed in. I felt soooooo grateful.

So the actual meet and greet lasted literally about a minute. I walked in and there was Tiesto!!! I was in shock I think. I shook his hand, and he said he liked my shirt (it was a cat shirt) and I remember thinking omg, Tiesto likes my shirt! Lol. I couldn't form words to come out of my mouth and I felt a little awkward. I gave him a hug and then someone took our picture and that was it. I wish I had brought something for him to sign. But eventually the event coordinator posted the meet and greet pics on facebook. I will cherish that photo forever!

I love Tiesto, he was one of the first trance artists I ever bought a CD of or listened to like 10 years ago and the show was amazing. He's playing again 3 and a half hours away from me on November 10th and I really wanted to go and see him again, but sadly I couldn't get the time off of work. :(

Ever since Tiesto, I've been googling and thinking about who I want to see live next. I would love to see Deadmau5 or Skrillex. I've seen Steve Aoki once and would love to go to another show of his. Who is on your list? Have you ever done a meet and greet with anyone similar, have any recommendations on who to try and see next?

I shook his hand, and he said he liked my shirt (it was a cat shirt) and I remember thinking omg, Tiesto likes my shirt! Lol.

He has good taste. All people should like cat things ;)

Not sure who's on my list, gonna have a think about that.

Met Gabriel and Dresden, meet and greet in a pub before the party. Not much of a story really.

Honestly, I dont want to meet anyone. Theyre just people who do a thing we like. Never will understand the cult of celebrity.

I'd like to meet skrillex. While don't care much for his music, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I know people that met him and say he's friendly and down to earth.

On the flip side, I don't think I'd ever want to meet deadmau5. He's probably an asshole. I like his music tho

^ i recall reading... http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2013/02/function-interview

When we were on that tour Skrillex actually told us that we got him back into “acid breaks.” [laughs] He’s a lovely kid, a sweetheart of a guy. I get why he’s so big.

It was towards the end of the night, and we’re in the backstage area turning a corner just as Deadmau5 finishes, lifts his head off and goes off the stage. 15,000 people are going crazy. You couldn’t have planned this better. As we’re turning the corner, Karl just happens to singing the Mickey Mouse theme song. “M. O. U. S. Eeeeeeeeeee.” Right into his face. All of a sudden his manager is there. The organizer of the festival. It got separated, but... [laughs]

I'd like to meet skrillex. While don't care much for his music, he seems like a pretty cool guy. I know people that met him and say he's friendly and down to earth.

On the flip side, I don't think I'd ever want to meet deadmau5. He's probably an asshole. I like his music tho

You know, I thought the same thing about deadmau5 until I watched a production masterclass with him. He's actually a very calm, pretty introverted and sound seeming person. Not at all like his keyboard persona.