L-glutamine

BehindtheShadow

Bluelight Crew
My hubby has been using L-glutamine for muscle repair

He also says it has helped with his stomach ulcer.

Has anyone else tried this product?

Any good feedback or negative feedback?

Any input would be great!

Well, you have tried it seeing as it's in your food but what do you want to know? It's an amino acid, poorly absorbed, and can help with muscle maintenance and digestive health

No I haven't tried it, my hubby has.
He reckons its helped with his stomach ulcer - do you think this would be the case?

I did read up about it and it also says it has some negative side effects like vomiting headaches etc...

Have you tried it has it helped you?

He has been having headaches was wondering if it was linked?

Last edited:
Hi BTS, no I don't think his headaches etc are caused by taking the L-glutamine. Lots of men and women take relatively large amounts daily, and as said it's a highly abundant amino acid - with very high concentrations naturally in your bloodstream.

Probably the best place to read in more detail is here >> https://examine.com/supplements/glutamine/

Great thanks I will do.

Just found it strange because he has been using it for about two months but having very intense headaches for the last month.

I was on Google looking to see if it could be any of the supplements he was taking but the L-glutamine is the newest and all the others he has been taking for years.

Thanks for the replies

No I haven't tried it, my hubby has.
He reckons its helped with his stomach ulcer - do you think this would be the case?

I did read up about it and it also says it has some negative side effects like vomiting headaches etc...

Have you tried it has it helped you?

He has been having headaches was wondering if it was linked?

I was saying it's in the food you eat and also the most abundant amino acid found in the body. As stated it can help with the digestive tract.

Yes I use it and no I don't think that's causing his headaches lol

I was saying it's in the food you eat and also the most abundant amino acid found in the body. As stated it can help with the digestive tract.

Yes I use it and no I don't think that's causing his headaches lol

ok thanks!

FWIW even my 67 year old Mum is a big fan of the stuff, since it helps her IBS symptoms quite dramatically :)

Vomiting headaches (migraines?) don't sound good though. What else is he taking or doing? Maybe he needs to see a doctor to rule out any more serious causes.

Wow I have IBS - maybe something for me to try.

He has been to the Dr they reckon he has tension headaches - I was contemplating taking him to a neurosurgeon just to be sure.

He is on L-glutamine, magnesium, calcium, zinc, testosterone injection (every second week)

Yeah, none of that's going to cause tension headaches. But vomiting or nausea is not normal with a tension headache either.

Try massaging his scalp, the muscles of the back (and front) of his neck, his traps, cheeks, and then stretching his neck/rotating etc. You could also try an osteopath to see if there's any skeletal/postural issues and to release some of the discs.

If none of that helps, you should definitely consider taking it further up the medical tree.

Man I need to come up with an excuse for medically required massages haha.

I've got several friends with forms of cholitis, IBS, or chrons and the things that have helped the most are glutamine, fiber, and strong probiotics like VSL3. Glutamine also has good properties for immune health

Ya, once upon a time I was engaged to a massage therapist. We're talking a long time ago. However, her attitude was 'I do this all day, please don't make me do more of it after work." Brutal, but I get it.

As for glutamate, it's been on my snake oil list for a long time now. With that said, for strength sport purposes. I don't really know much about what it would offer for various medical conditions.

I tried the massage thing and it did help, I am starting to think he has a pinched nerve so I will be taking him to the doctor.
I also spoke to a pharmacist yesterday that said L-glutamine can only be beneficial and wont cause headaches.

Thanks for all the advice everyone

That's quite probable. An osteopath would be a good idea imo to help sort that out, and possibly other issues. Most people could really do with a monthly tune-up with one and/or a masseur tbh.

I recommend using labdoor.com to research supplements as they test them for banned substances and other things like heavy metals and what not. Personally I have not used l-glutamine supplementation. What is it supposed to do?

I recommend using labdoor.com to research supplements as they test them for banned substances and other things like heavy metals and what not. Personally I have not used l-glutamine supplementation. What is it supposed to do?

www.google.com --> search 'l-glutamine'....

I recommend examine.com for researching supplements

thanks i will check that out as well. if anybody has more of these sites that test supplements, post them up plz thanks.