• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lethargy and Vitamin D

Michael_25

Bluelighter
I'm constantly tired, even after having slept for 10 hours. My doctor ordered a blood test and apparently my Vitamin D levels are only 25, which he said is very low. He advised me to take Vitamin D supplements. Question: Has anyone used Vitamin D, and did it help you stop feeling worn out and tired all the time?

i used B-12, you can get it in tablet form or injections at your local GP surgery.
the injections worked, sorry they're not vitamin D tho but see if you can get those?

^ Seconded on B-12- I use the sublingual tablets. My dad takes vitamin D but still lacks energy, maybe because he's elderly and eats a lot of junk food.
Michael, I'm going to move this to Healthy Living.

25 is very low. You should be over 70 at least but 90-100 would be awesome.

Go out and buy some liquid vitamin D. The more concentrated it is, the better. Start taking 10,000 IU per day with food. Your doctor will probably instruct you to take a ridiculously small amount, like 1,000 - 2,000 IU. That won't be enough to replenish your levels, especially at this time of year.

If you do 10,000 IU daily, after a week or so you should start feeling better -- that's if vitamin D is the reason.

They should really rename vitamin D. It's actually a hormone, not a vitamin. We can't thrive without it.

Yes, my personal experience is that, back when I was D deficient, when I discovered I should be taking it, my mood improved right away. I also had more energy and my teeth got healthier. My only regret is that I didn't know I should be taking a lot more until later on.