• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Questions following first ever meth use

dpshaw

Greenlighter
I got a gram of meth yesterday. I had no one to show me what to do so I went to the internet for some basic information. Specifically, I was searching out a safe first dose for a novice who is IVing the meth (I'm a heroin addict, I know how to IV). It seemed like the best bet would be to go with 100mg. At 2pm, I did exactly that... and didn't get much of anything. At this point my addict brain took over and I immediately set up again to use 150mg. This had a little more effect, but not a lot. Despite the lack of rush, I now had .25g of meth in me and was starting to feel it's effects.

By around 5pm, I wanted to use some more... not because my energy was waning, but because I wanted to feel what 250mg felt like. At this point, I'm going off the rails a little bit and I was not thinking about my own safety. Needless to say, 250mg was fantastic. I repeated that dose again around midnight. Finally, a little after 3am, I got out what was left (300mg) and did that. I did notice the difference the extra 50mg made. However, as I was getting ready to shoot up, my brain actually paused and wondered "how does one, exactly, overdose on meth". I was actually a little trepidatious about shooting 300mg. Of course, my addict brain kicked in and I used anyway.

So, my questions are the following:
(1) Is 250/300mg a high dose for a first time user?
(2) I used the full gram in about 13 hours. Is that an unsafe rate of use?
(3) What could I have done better (like, instead of jumping to 250mg)?
(4) Is there an upper limit of use that you really don't want to exceed, less you significantly increase your chances of ODing?

Basically, I'd like to get a similar experience the next time I use, without taking unnecessary risks. Any other comments are welcome too...

i've only tried meth a handful of times so i can't really help you out with most of your questions, i'm sure someone will come along soon to help you tho - but i can tell you that IVing a full gram in half a day is dangerous. a gram lasts me for about two days and even that's still quite an insult to the body

1) Yes. Usual noob dose is 100mg of good quality/acetone wash gear.

2) Mate a gram in 13 hours is way too much and you should not need that much if its good quality and tou arent affected by other drugs ie seroquel. Others ie opiates I dunno as I never did more than a shot a day of that.

3) You shouldnt need 250mg and a point should at least work so maybe its bunk so UTFSE for cleaning methods or get elsewhere. Theres relatively easy ways to check for chopper in it.

4) I dont know the official top dose or if there is one but dont do more than 200mg or get out now while you still can.

Dont keep topping up. Once the high is over prepare for the crash and dont try to avoid it.

Good luck m8. Theres a lot of good info scattered around and fun searching

(1) Is 250/300mg a high dose for a first time user?

It's hard to say without knowing the quality of the gear, but for moderate - high quality product, yes, that's a massive dose for a first time user. I've never injected meth, but I've smoked my fair share, and tolerance aside, 100mg of decent meth should last you at least 8 - 12 hours. At least in terms of the product we get here in AU.

(2) I used the full gram in about 13 hours. Is that an unsafe rate of use?

Again, it depends on purity, but unless the product was heavily cut, yes.

(3) What could I have done better (like, instead of jumping to 250mg)?

Zephyr gave the best advice, although it's pretty hard to follow because meth is so fiendish. But ideally, you want to avoid constant redosing. Get a nice buzz going, ride it out for a day, then take something to knock you out and sleep it off. But as you discovered, once it's in you, you start wanting more and judgement goes out the window. It helps if you purchase smaller quantities, my experience is that once you get started, you'll generally find a way to justify continuing until your stash is gone.

(4) Is there an upper limit of use that you really don't want to exceed, less you significantly increase your chances of ODing?

It's actually somewhat hard to OD on meth (in the sense I think you mean, where you shoot up and suddenly you stop breathing or have a cardiovascular event and need to be dragged off to an ambulance), compared to opiates or cocaine. As long as you're not in awful physical shape and you don't have any cardiovascular problems, you can take some pretty big doses and come out the other end (as you discovered). Although in my experience, doing so quickly causes the euphoria to be outpaced by the tweakiness and you'll experience an absolutely deathly crash afterwards, which will only get worse every time you do it (the last time I smoked meth, I slept 20+ hours a day for the next 5 days). I am not recommending this. The point I'm trying to make is that what you want to watch with meth is the long term wear and tear, physical and mental. It's disgustingly addictive, the comedown is a bitch and you'll do things on it that you wouldn't even consider sober. And while it's much less likely than cocaine or heroin to cause an acute fatality, it absolutely will, in the long run, wear you down with repeated use, which can contribute to a much higher chance of cardiovascular damage, stroke, kidney damage, etc. Not to mention long term depression, anxiety and psychotic disorders. It's a real cunt of a drug.

I prefer psychonaut's dosing advice for noobs, which for IV is:

Threshold < 5 mg
Light 5 - 10 mg
Common 10 - 30 mg
Strong 30 - 40 mg
Heavy 40 - 80 mg +

However it sounds like, as others have said, the purity of yours was low. I can make a gram last me some time, and I'm pretty tolerant, but my product is usually a relatively high %.

Im not a highly experienced IVer with meth but if I hadn't had it for a week or two one point of decent gear will give me a satisfying rush. 2 points will leave me gobsmacked sitting on the toilet staring into space and on the verge of feeling sick. I havn't got bad gear for a while now though. Was your stuff nice and clear or was it milky looking? One gram is way too much in one night holy shit. That stuff is bad on your heart etc. Maybe cause your a heroin addict you don't feel it as much? Stay safe...