• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Vyvanse withdrawal question

Jones1431

Greenlighter
Hello I've been taking(abusing) vyvanse for the past 5'days. I was taking between 80-100 mg each day my question is simple: can I expect withdrawals or have I not been on it long enough? Thanks

Not really. That isn't much d amphetamine after biotransformation. Maybe some tiredness and headaches?

How much adderall would that be a day? Just curious

70 mg Vyvanse equals slightly less than 30 mg of Dexedrine, which corresponds to about 40 mg of Adderall (Adderall is a mix of different salts of D- and L-amphetamine, so it's hard to give an exact equivalent for Vyvanse, which converts to D-amphetamine only).

Of course everyone is different and you might feel fatigue and anhedonia, but 80-100mg of Vyvanse would still be within the therapeutic range for some people.

Last edited:
I shouldn't feel it for long if I do though right? I mean I'm not sure but 5 days isn't long I didn't think.

You could feel very mild withdrawal symptoms for a day or two at most. I wouldn't expect 5 days to be long enough to develop any significant degree of tolerance and hence dependence unless amphetamine or dextroamphetamine (NB: not lisdexamfetamine) is taken at large binge doses.

You'll probably feel a little tired, unmotivated and maybe a little irritable for a day or two. Probably an increased appetite too. Exercise and eat well and you'll hardly notice it.