• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine and extrasystoles since about birth. Danger?

kvazid

Greenlighter
I used to have extrasystoles since ~birth. MY BP sometimes raises easily.

All these conditions exist since my childhood. Extrasystoles were discovered when I was about 1 y.o. They are always here but I rarely feel it. Doctors say my body used to it.

About BP. It is usually at abot 120-130/70-90 but when I use drugs (MDMA, LSD, tryptamines) it usually raises to 160-170/100/110 and I feel completely fine.
For me 160-170 BP - is usual when something happening (drugs possession or I feel some strong emotions or of course anxiety/panick attack). And I usually I feel ok with such BP.
I used many times different drugs and was OK: MDMA, MDA, LSD, 2C-B, shrooms, 4-HO-MET, DMT, weed, pregabalin, kratom.
I was alcoholic for alomost 10 years. Last 3 years of mty alcohol abuse I drunk so hard that I drunk at morning, evening, night. It was horrible but I got rid of this and I am fine.

Few times when I mixed MDMA with LSD I got about 200/120 and I used captopril and I was fine (even when I had this BP I think I only felt slight "something" where heart is but probably it was a part of the trip).
I'm an anxious person and probably anxiety plays big role here. But I learned how to manage my anxiety and due to that I can have wonderful trips on psychedelics even on fairly high doses without benzos or something like that (benzos good for comedown IMO).

I'm going to use very tiny dose for first time at least of amphetamine phosphate. Should I go to pharmacy and by something in case of problems with BP/BPM? Or probably I should take something together with amphetamine to prevent anything dangerous.
In overall is it dangerous? As I stated above I did many drugs (and often mixed and redosed them) and I feel completely fine.
I asked this on reddit and some physician said that it is really dangerous. Then I went to my physician who knows me very well and he has PhD and he worked a lot with drug users. Due to fact that I know him for a while I honestly asked him if I can take low-to-moderate dose of amphetamine and he said that if I stick to therapeutic doses or in close range he sure I gonna be OK. He said that in my case I have higher probability of fatality in case of overdose only. He worked with daily amphetamine users I guess.

I would like to stress that I don't feel sick/bad and I used to think about myself as of healthy person.
These extrasystoles were since my birth and different doctors many times said that it is the way my body works.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
i'm not very familiar with your condition, but coming from one person who suffers with anxiety and a hair-trigger BPM to another, the amount of stimulants you're putting into your body - especially if you're combing multiple ones at the same time - you're on track for a massive panic attack and/or some form of mental health issue.

yes you could stick to the therapeutic dosage for amphetamines, but why would you? do you have a medical need for them? and forgive me for saying but just looking at your usage history i would be surprised if you managed to keep to the therapeutic doses.
so yeah, what you're doing is dangerous and i hope you don't hurt yourself with it - but i don't have any advice to give to you i'm afraid: other than keep checking in with bluelight for dosage advice and just some support in general.
please take care manggg. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

To be just honest - I just want try try it and know what it is.

I'm going to start with dose near to threshold and if I don't feel anything - will increase it.

And I would probably use it for work in small dose when I need to work extremely a lot.

altho we can't advise you on how to get high, BL is here for you if you encounter any problems mate - take care

Be cautious - your background isn't exactly ideal to mix with strong stimulants. Do you have any meds for your heart issues?

kavzid, based on everything you said, you are running a serious risk of real cardiovascular disease.

Your heart is only going to take so much vasoconstriction and high heart rate. Previous use or current alcohol usage is simply weakening your heart more.

Maybe you are generally healthy now.
Continued use at that rate is a recipe for angina and a heart attack.

You said you hit 200/120 That is heavy strain on your heart. I was in the hospital eating nitroglycerin tablets because I hit 220. They put paddles on my chest. I almost got jumped with paddles. I?m pretty sure getting jumped while on L or some other drug might kill you.

That?s nice you have drugs to calm your heart, but no matter what, you are seriously straining your heart.

Common sense suggests that you take a break and give your heart a break.

We cannot tell you anything about getting high. All we can suggest is take a serious break and see how your heart works.

A echocardiogram from a cardiologist might be a good idea.

Be safe. Heart disease is not cool.

Last edited:
Went through about 1200 mg of speed powder (amph) in less than 40h. About 5 hours ago I felt mild chest pains, so I flushed down the toilet the remaining amphetamine and I started taking prazepam to calm down, 3-4 mg each 30-35 minutes.
In 2012 I was addicted to cocaine. In 2013, after more than 8 months of not taking any drugs, my heart suddenly started to... stop for about a second, from time to time. I nearly had a panic attack. The cardiologist told me it's nothing to worry, because my heart is healthy and premature ventricular contractions (ventricular extra systoles) are nothing to worry about. After some time, in 2015 they just stopped.
Now, once in about 4-6 weeks I go on amphetamine binges for max. 2 days. A couple of times I also had about 200/120, but my HR is low when my BP is extreme, about 65.
Yesterday, 8 hours after starting the binge with about 700 mg of speed snorted, my BP monitor meassured: at 22h06: 168/101mmHg, hr=84; 22h12: 183/104, 92; 22h52: 159/87 67(after laying in bed); 22h36: 176/100, 93; 22h45: 168/95 99 +irregular heart beat; 22h49: 170/87 67 + irr. HB. It's fucked up. Now, 24h later, I managed to stop. I flushed the remaining speed at the toillet and I took 10 mg of prazepam.

Went through about 1200 mg of speed powder (amph) in less than 40h. About 5 hours ago I felt mild chest pains, so I flushed down the toilet the remaining amphetamine and I started taking prazepam to calm down, 3-4 mg each 30-35 minutes.
In 2012 I was addicted to cocaine. In 2013, after more than 8 months of not taking any drugs, my heart suddenly started to... stop for about a second, from time to time. I nearly had a panic attack. The cardiologist told me it's nothing to worry, because my heart is healthy and premature ventricular contractions (ventricular extra systoles) are nothing to worry about. After some time, in 2015 they just stopped.
Now, once in about 4-6 weeks I go on amphetamine binges for max. 2 days. A couple of times I also had about 200/120, but my HR is low when my BP is extreme, about 65.
Yesterday, 8 hours after starting the binge with about 700 mg of speed snorted, my BP monitor meassured: at 22h06: 168/101mmHg, hr=84; 22h12: 183/104, 92; 22h52: 159/87 67(after laying in bed); 22h36: 176/100, 93; 22h45: 168/95 99 +irregular heart beat; 22h49: 170/87 67 + irr. HB. It's fucked up. Now, 24h later, I managed to stop. I flushed the remaining speed at the toillet and I took 10 mg of prazepam.

Yeah, speed can be tough on the cardiovascular system, especially when you're getting into binge territory. Glad you managed to stop. Have a nice hot bath/shower, eat some food, drink plenty and get some rest :)