• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

1/4th not doing it.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I went for my second sub appt last Wednesday. I to,d them I didn’t need 16 mg of sub and told them I need just 8. They said ok. So after almost two weeks without any withdrawal I was doing fine today up until about 12:00PM. Than I get a massive craving for hydrocodone or any opiate.

Last Wednesday my nurse said I may run into this problem so instead of taking 1/4th every three hours. Just take 4 mg at once. The craving took about forty five minutes to go away. I also have like seven unused Suboxone films that can help me buffer. But here’s the problem. I have not had any Norco in two weeks. I was doing just fine. But today I get massive craving for both gabapentin and Norco.

I feel fine right now but will I have to keep raising it in order for it to keep killing the cravings? I’m over the hot flashes cold sweats nightmares symptoms but just into cravings. I have no desire to abuse the Subs because I know that will defeat the purpose of trying to get my life on track. But I do not want to be upping my dosage either.

So anyone here have any insight into this since I’m pretty new to this. Also. I have chest tightness maybe twice a day. Not very long but very disturbing. Does anyone else have that occur first in treatment?

Subs have a ceiling effect, meaning your body will only absorb a certain amount before it blocks itself. Most people agree that anything over ~4mgs will only increase the amount of time it stays in your system.

When I was on subs, just knowing I couldn't get high while on them was enough to kill my cravings. It takes like 3 days of no subs before opiates work again, sometimes longer .

Try to get into a different schedule then what you were on while you were using. Try to change your environment so it doesn't trigger thoughts of when you used.

That might help a little but you might just have to tough it out. The best thing you can do it stick to your subs, as long as you keep taking them you won't be able to get high no matter how much hydro you take. It's hard to treat opiate craving while someone is already on opiate replacement therapy.

Thanks y’all. So today when I woke up I took 2 mg. Then dozed back off and woke up three hours later needing my second dose. It was 2 mg again. This drug is really weird. Like I got a content not high feeling. It took the cravings always. But last night I was jerking all over the place.

I guess even with the sub in my system my body is going to have that Kratom rls type of feeling before dozing off. I’m glad I listened to my conscience. They where pushing sixteen mg and the first day I couldn’t even get past four mg. So I said I really don’t need extra subs around and I don’t need sixteen to maintain my sobriety.

There is a lot of Golden adviice from these forums. I think the docs are kinda clueless or maybe not but just want to make sure I stay clean.

Thankfully cravings are only a psychological condition and most people say it takes about 10 -15 minutes for one to pass and then you're okay.

I'm surprised your doctor had you taking that much every so often throughout the day instead of all at once each day, which is how most people are directed to take it. The downside of buprenorphine is that upping your dose after taking it for a while does not really alter anything. Low doses of it work as well as moderate doses.

Wulp my nurse started out by sayin*take 1/4th and then if still in withdrawals three hours later take another 1/4th. Then the next day take 1/2th and then if still in withdrawal three hours later take another 1/4th.

You see the common pattern as used in any clinic. I just told them I could even sleep the first day and had a headache so I just kept reappearing the pattern. Even sometimes taking less then prescribed.

So the doc says if that works for you great. I’ve never taken a whole 8 mg because I don’t want to get all the nasty side effects and should my brain all saturated. But this mornin I took half of a 8 mg and that may be all I need.

One aside effect that I can’t stand is the insomnia. I’m usually in bed around nine. If I lay down then I would not go to sleep until 1:00 AM. And for some reason I’m still getting the itch but I no longer nod which I’m happy with.

^ if you're laying in bed for more than 25 minutes with absolutely no sleep my advice is to get out and do some menial tasks that don't stimulte you in any way - tidying or reading are my go to's. i actually have a collection of books i bought solely because they're boring: reckon you can get more than 10 pages in to,
'Defoe De-Attributions: Critique of J.R.Moore's Checklist'?
i doubt it.

but yeah, the insomnias the worst part for me too - nothing more triggering (for me at least) than tossing and turning for hours on end... nah man