• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Ever get fed up with a drug?

Parabolan

Bluelighter
Have you ever gotten so fed up with a drug or a drug combination that u just stopped or switched to another substance? If so, what do u think actually happened?

Been smoking weed the last 9-10 months of my life, inconsistently. The high went from pretty exciting to kind of blah. I just quit it altogether. I went on way too long without a break. These last two weeks I've been off, with the exception of one day during that time I smoked a little. My dreams have been pretty intense and crazy.

Been smoking weed the last 9-10 months of my life, inconsistently. The high went from pretty exciting to kind of blah. I just quit it altogether. I went on way too long without a break. These last two weeks I've been off, with the exception of one day during that time I smoked a little. My dreams have been pretty intense and crazy.
I have seen this happen to a lot of people with weed

I don't dream when I smoke weed. (which was 7ish years at one point). When I quit my dreams get very intense. Same with opioids, though very rarely I still dream on them. During a nod I can sorta dream as well. But it's not really the same thing as dreaming while I'm sleeping. :)

Crack is the thing I've stayed away from for the longest after having an affair with lasting about a year. I still think it's a great feeling just sort of doesn't seem worth it for several reasons. The biggest reason is how bad it feels for your physical health.

Cigarettes. Many people say they are harder to quit than opiates but I've never had a problem with them. I use to smoke on and off for years, I would take a couple weeks to get through a pack. Do that for a couple months at most then just put them down with no problems.

Nearly a year ago I seriously asked myself "why the hell am I doing this? these things provide almost no pleasure." I have had maybe a few cigarettes since then and I don't ever think about smoking and I work in a place where nearly everyone smokes.

I'm done with alotta shit. I'm sick of benzos and alcohol because I always black out and piss family\friends\siginificant others\police off... And I'm done with amphetamines cause I always tweak too damn hard. I don't do coke or crack anymore cause of the risk of heart attack. It sucks about the benzos and booze cause I'm SOO goddamn anxious it isn't funny.

All my doctor gives me for anxiety is vistaril and now a whopping 300mg of gabapentin a day. Sometimes I take valerien root but I NEED something stronger like some phenibut or l-theanine. Oh well fuck it and fuck me.

This is hell sometimes sorry I got on a tangent gonna talk about this in another thread.

Cigarettes and Benzos. Both just stopped lost to diminishing returns I guess. Cigarettes I never wanted to quit, but my story is pretty much identical to Falsifiedhypothesi's. Smoked for maybe a year, then one day the cigarettes just started tasting bad and now I can only smoke a cigarette if I'm drunk or on a benzo. Benzo's I still enjoy, but I haven't used any for the last two weeks and I'm thinking I might just avoid them because they are really 50-50 with me. I either lose all my inhibition and have a good time, or I just lose all motivation and lie around listening to music and wishing I could feel happy. Weed- Wouldn't say I'm over it and hopefully won't ever be just that I don't feel an urge to smoke like I used too. For the past 3 years I pretty much smoked at least 3 times day, but now I'm slowing down and I think making it an occasional treat will bring back the feeling I used to get from it and give me more time to be pro-active.

On a larger scale, I lost interest in alcohol a few years ago, about the time I started using codeine daily. Since then the alcohol high has seemed rather mediocre considering the side-effects and hangovers. I guess codeine has lost its appeal by now as well - the high is still good, but not good enough to suffer the WDs so much because of it and to waste so much money on. I'm still heavily dependent on codeine and use it daily or multiple times a day, but I hope to stop soon.

Have you ever gotten so fed up with a drug or a drug combination that u just stopped or switched to another substance? If so, what do u think actually happened?

Yes, I got tired of being addicted to heroin. I quit. Suboxone, then I quit that too.

mainly due to the comedowns but got real bored of and over mdma, yh ༼༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

...man I wish I could put down alcohol...how did you do it. It's the one drug i have actually grown to like more as I get older and more into downers and grew away from weed.

Got sick of cigarettes. Quit.
Got sick of weed when it started making me uneasy rather than relaxed. Quit for 40+years and started again and enjoy it again.
Got sick of alcohol after my one and drunk to the point of throwing up experience in my teens. Didn't quit, just barely do it.
Two remaining addictions that I will probably neither ever get sick of nor ever bother trying to quit (wish I would!) are coffee and sugar.

Nah not really, when I get tired of a drug's undesired side effects I take a break. Then, when I do resume taking that drug, I remember how much to take to avoid those unpleasant feelings.

I've had addiction problems with alcohol that I've been able to resolve successfully (as of June of this year) and that was by far the trickiest substance to get under control for me.

...man I wish I could put down alcohol...how did you do it. It's the one drug i have actually grown to like more as I get older and more into downers and grew away from weed.
I managed to kick an opiate habit and a benzo habit "relapsed and now ADDICTED to benzos after being clean for 2 years, thanks to anxiety, weed, and stimulants".... with alcohol it was hard, however, quitting drinking is an eye opener..

Alcohol for me it never offered anything feeling wise that I just needed to have and plus my history of stomach ulcers and chrons disease booze just wasn't worth it