• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

4HO-Mipt: need 90 mg to trip correctly (Tolerence)

Korrit

Bluelighter
Hi all.. How does tolerence build on Tryptamines over time ? I read on psychonautwiki.org that tolerence for this compound needs 7 days to be back at baseline, i find that is not accurate cause after one mouth of consumption of 4HO-Mipt weekly, i had to dose 90 mg (60 mg then 30 mg 45 min later...a huge dose !!) to trip correctly last saturday. any idea ?

Repeated (weekly) tripping like that will require more time before tolerance drops. I'd say stay a month off them, then try again.

If you trip weekly or more often for long periods of time your tolerance will keep growing. I had a period of time, 10, 11 years ago where I took a psychedelic 2-4 times a week for 2 years... at the end I would take massive doses of things and still not really fully trip like I used to off of 1/3 or 1/4 of the doses I was taking. It took 6 years for my permatolerance to get back down to normal, 3 years of no psychedelics at all, and 3 more where I tripped from time to time and over that time it got better and better.

My advice is to slow down your rate of tripping. Part of it also is that as you trip more and get more experience under your belt, trips become less intense simply because you've been there so much already. It also helps to switch up your setting... for example, if you usually trip at home, try tripping out on a hike in nature or something, or while camping. If you always trip in the same setting it contributes to it starting to feel routine.

I think you should wait longer between trips or take a substantial break, because tolerance is most certainly an issue, but also, no matter what you do, as you have more trips under your belt, your trips will become less intense than they were at the beginning, it's only natural. It's behavioral/mental tolerance basically that doesn't come from the direct action of the drug. Remember when you started tripping and it was like, whoa! Oh my god, what's happening? This is so different! The experience was so novel because you hadn't explored it much yet, and that novelty made it so much crazier and more profound. But when you've been there so many times, it's like, oh yeah, okay this is the come-up, this is the trip... it doesn't seem so alien and intense anymore. Not that tripping isn't still great. :) But you should expect over time that your trips will become less impactful on average, unless you trip only once every great while.

Last edited:
If you trip weekly or more often for long periods of time your tolerance will keep growing. I had a period of time, 10, 11 years ago where I took a psychedelic 2-4 times a week for 2 years... at the end I would take massive doses of things and still not really fully trip like I used to off of 1/3 or 1/4 of the doses I was taking. It took 6 years for my permatolerance to get back down to normal, 3 years of no psychedelics at all, and 3 more where I tripped from time to time and over that time it got better and better.

My advice is to slow down your rate of tripping. Part of it also is that as you trip more and get more experience under your belt, trips become less intense simply because you've been there so much already. It also helps to switch up your setting... for example, if you usually trip at home, try tripping out on a hike in nature or something, or while camping. If you always trip in the same setting it contributes to it starting to feel routine.

I think you should eait longer between trips or take a substantial break, because tolerance is most certainly an issue, but also, no matter what you do, as you have more trips under your belt, your trips will become less intense than they were at the beginning, it's only natural. It's behavioral/mental tolerance basically that doesn't come from the direct action of the drug. Remember when you started tripping and it was like, whoa! Oh my god, what's happening? This is so different! The experience was so novel because you hadn't explored it much yet, and that novelty made it so much crazier and more profound. But when you've been there so many times, it's like, oh yeah, okay this is the come-up, this is the trip... it doesn't seem so alien and intense anymore.

Just like Xorkoth advised you to do, I would take a break for about a month or if thats too long then just slow the rate of your tripping down significantly. If you keep tripping like you are then it will just increase the dosage you have to take to trip properly.

Thank you all for your responses.I agree with you, but the the point is I just began to trip using 4ho-mipt one mounth ago, with a break at the middle where i used ALD52, i dont think that its enough to built such tolerence. and it is not the feeling that i already have been there, it is the fact that if i take a normal dose (25 mg for exemple) it will have nearly no effect (no visuals..very very slight change in the mood)So I think that tolerence for this compound neads way more than 7 days even after a first use, maybe 3 weeks at least to be reduced to zero.Unless cross tolerence play a huge role, cause it has been more than 3 mounths I trip/roll/candyflip every saturday, I bought 4HO-Mipt and 5Meo-Mipt to alternate between Lysergamides/ MDMA/ Tryptamines in hope that by doing each alone every WE i will preserve a low tolerence for each.Sorry for my bad english.

yeah, i got a crazy tolerance when i used to do stupid shit like trip every week, and IV psilocetin and stuff.
moral of the story: "classic" serotogenic psychedelics have a big cross-tolerance.

but fuck man, 90mg is a shitload of 4-ho-met 8o

To be fair 60 + 30mg 45 min later is not the same as 90 all at once. Mind even feeling the need to take an additional 30 after a whopping 60 should be an indication of something.

Is it the same batch?

But like others have said, physical tolerance builds from weekly trips on serotonergic psychedelics. And mental tolerance / expectations will be an issue from regular trips too.

I know these things are exciting but can i ask why you feel the need to indulge so often? No judgement, just curious .

To be fair 60 + 30mg 45 min later is not the same as 90 all at once. Mind even feeling the need to take an additional 30 after a whopping 60 should be an indication of something.Is it the same batch? But like others have said, physical tolerance builds from weekly trips on serotonergic psychedelics. And mental tolerance / expectations will be an issue from regular trips too.I know these things are exciting but can i ask why you feel the need to indulge so often? No judgement, just curious .
Yes it is the same batch.and like u said, i find that exciting and rewarding after a week of work. also curiosity must be for something cause my first trip was only a year ago.. and I'm 43.. now if u want a deeper answer: i really dont know !

If its the same batch then its definitely a case of tolerance - physical and or mental.

Well you know what curiousity did to the cat... Or wait, was that Schrodinger ha... Just kidding ha these things are usually safe, just please mind the dose.

Theres nothing wrong with a reward after a hard weeks work but if im going to reward myself weekly I try to mix it up with various substances to avoid cross tolerance.

Be safe and have fun
toc

Cross tolerance between all the other serotonergic psychedelics is significant. A lysergamide will produce tolerance to a tryptamine for example, as well as 2 different tryptamines, or a phenethylamine psychedelic (dopaminergic things like amphetamine, while they are phenethylamines, don't produce much if any cross-tolerance with psychedelics however). Anything that affects the same receptors as something else will produce cross-tolerance with anything that affects those receptors, basically.

Unless cross tolerence play a huge role, cause it has been more than 3 mounths I trip/roll/candyflip every saturday, I bought 4HO-Mipt and 5Meo-Mipt to alternate between Lysergamides/ MDMA/ Tryptamines in hope that by doing each alone every WE i will preserve a low tolerence for each.Sorry for my bad english.

There's your answer - it *is* cross-tolerance. Psychedelics do their thing primarily by activating a certain receptor called 5HT2A, and lysergamides are essentially just more structurally complex versions of tryptamines (which is why Alexander Shulgin included AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, ALD-52 and others in his book "Tryptamines I Have Known And Loved").

Alternating between 4-HO-tryptamines, 5-MeO-tryptamines and ALD-52 to prevent tolerance is kind of like trying to prevent opioid tolerance by alternating between heroin, hydromorphone and fentanyl - if they act on the same receptors, there's gonna be cross-tolerance.

Last edited:
OK guys.. got it ! thank you for your responses :) now what do you think about this schedule: week1:mdma and weed -- week2:acid --week3: 2cb --week4:Tryptamines

Last edited:
Well, MDMA produces some cross-tolerance with psychedelics but not nearly as much as another psychedelic. The other 3 are psychedelics, so they'll all produce cross-tolerance with each other.

The only way to drop your tolerance is going to be to take a break for a bit. At least 2 weeks will produce a drop, a month will reset it probably, since you haven't been doing it very long. The longer you keep up weekly tripping, the more long-term tolerance you will develop, and that takes a long time to go away. I started tripping weekly in 2005, and by mid-2006 I was tripping multiple times a week or weekend. By the end of 2007 I basically couldn't trip anymore, and it took 3 years of no psychedelics and 3 years of occasional (like a few times a year) tripping to get back to normal. So watch out for that.

Well, MDMA produces some cross-tolerance with psychedelics but not nearly as much as another psychedelic. The other 3 are psychedelics, so they'll all produce cross-tolerance with each other.

The only way to drop your tolerance is going to be to take a break for a bit. At least 2 weeks will produce a drop, a month will reset it probably, since you haven't been doing it very long. The longer you keep up weekly tripping, the more long-term tolerance you will develop, and that takes a long time to go away. I started tripping weekly in 2005, and by mid-2006 I was tripping multiple times a week or weekend. By the end of 2007 I basically couldn't trip anymore, and it took 3 years of no psychedelics and 3 years of occasional (like a few times a year) tripping to get back to normal. So watch out for that.

I've been tripping weekly for about a year now and what I started to notice is not so much of a tolerance but rather the quality of trips - they became chaotic, not very visual, sometimes really uncontrollable with heavy body load and not very satisfying at the end. So yes, we gotta take breaks from tripping or it becomes not fun anymore...:\