• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Meth comedown: benzos

nozix

Greenlighter
(First post, so here we go) My uncle jack smoked (eyeballing) .3 or .4 of meth over a period of 4 hours. He is a new smoker so low to no tolerance, but it has been fantastic. Now, it’s been about roughly four hours since his last redose and is still pretty uppity. He has acquired 4 2mg xanax bars and he is curious if he can safely take them to come down and fall asleep. (He has a high tolerance for benzos) Suggestions?

Likely won't help, especially given the large tolerance. Your best bet is to wait until you feel ready to relax.

You can still try taking some xanax. I hope it helps.

Xanax does take the edge off but having similar issues myself the thing that helps is seroquel but if thats not lying around then some codeine and yeah sure xanax.

Well, he took two and a half, couldn’t sleep. Just gonna stay up today. He has a
small bit left in his bowl. Thanks for the info though.

When you have low tolerance and take 300-400mg, unfortunately that's not going to help you sleep I wouldn't think.

But also, you just wasted 3/4 of your meth, since you didn't need all that to feel the way you're likely feeling. Try to use less in future if you can.

Sleep will come when its time. In the meanwhile just relax and have a beer or whatever and dont worry about it.

When you have low tolerance and take 300-400mg, unfortunately that's not going to help you sleep I wouldn't think.

But also, you just wasted 3/4 of your meth, since you didn't need all that to feel the way you're likely feeling. Try to use less in future if you can.

I’m not really a regular user. I’ve used it maybe five times. I borrowed my friends bowl to do it anyways. I got it for free for giving someone a ride so ehh. It’s not biggie. I usually stick to pills and occasionally coke. But yeah, I did roll through it quick. Cleaned my apartment and did and folded all my laundry. Lol.

Sleep will come when its time. In the meanwhile just relax and have a beer or whatever and dont worry about it.

Thanks bud. I think so too. Only thing is that I gotta see my girl today and I’m gonna have huge pupils lol

Sorry for not quoting. I’m a new member. Joined last night. Well, this morning I guess.

quetiapine(seroquel) is the absolute best drug I've ever taken for stimulant comedowns. When it kicks in it totally negates the high/comedown and makes you really sleepy. It's a dopamine receptor antagonist, serotonin recpetor antagonist, and adrenergic receptor antagonist,(among other things) which is why it kicks a stimulant high or comedown's ass. The other day I took it at like 8 a.m. to come down and sleep. Later on about 4:30 p.m. I acquired some cocaine. I didn't understand why I wasn't feeling the coke when I did some. Then I remembered the quetiapine. D'OH!! Once I got to about 12 hours after taking it(2 half lives) I could actually feel the coke high but not as strong as it would normally be. After around 15 of 16 hours it seemed like full effects. But yeah, quetiapine is great for that.

Thanks bud. I think so too. Only thing is that I gotta see my girl today and I’m gonna have huge pupils lol

Dont worry. A lot of people dont notice that .

If I have an unfortunately timed come down I usually lay the groundwork for a sickie and just mention I feel like Im getting a virus and if look like shit then its a virus and they tend to leave you alone. Also its easier to pike out and stay home.

Honestly though mate if you dont have any probs with alcohol a bottle of booze is second best option to seroquel personally. Valium helps a bit. And at a stretch if you have nangs lying around a couple of boxes do the trick.

Just flop on the couch and put on some movies .

Dont worry. A lot of people dont notice that .

If I have an unfortunately timed come down I usually lay the groundwork for a sickie and just mention I feel like Im getting a virus and if look like shit then its a virus and they tend to leave you alone. Also its easier to pike out and stay home.

Honestly though mate if you dont have any probs with alcohol a bottle of booze is second best option to seroquel personally. Valium helps a bit. And at a stretch if you have nangs lying around a couple of boxes do the trick.

Just flop on the couch and put on some movies .

She will notice for sure. We’ve done coke together before and I just know she will, but I’ve got an excuse already planned. kind of avoided her yesterday. Didn’t plan on staying up all night. Just took my last hit and my eyes are fucked. Im seeing her in about 5-6 hours. Would my pupils be back to normal? The times I’ve done meth, they’ve stayed dialated sometimes even after I woke up. Don’t have access to Valium. I have three mgs of xanax left. I think I’m just gonna try to sleep for like 4 hours while she is at work, I probably won’t be able to sleep but if I don’t, I’ll sleep good tonight for sure. EDIT: no access to seroquel either.

I second Seroquel being one of the only things that works reliably for killing a stim trip (even a bad trip) or comedown. It's definitely one of the strongest hypnotics all-round, but it's probably not something you're likely to have on hand.

8mg of Xanax is not a lot for someone with a high tolerance for benzos or alcohol (even without taking the meth), and even double that probably wouldn't do all that much. Some people claim to have more success with Klonopin, which I haven't tried, but I don't see how it would be much different apart from a slower onset and longer duration. IME Ambien and its derivatives tend to make things worse (in some cases even hallucinations, amnesia, delirious states)... The only benzos I can think might really help are the stronger hypnotic ones, such as Rohypnol, Halcion, temazepam, nitrazepam, etc, or possibly some of the RC benzos like flubromazolam, but I doubt you'll be able to get hold of any of those in a pinch.

Update: Xanax didn’t work. Stayed with my girl. Was tired when I got there. We had sex and then it felt like I was high again?! It’s been about 12 hours since my last redose. And before that redose, I redosed about 8 hours before. I have a lot of melatonin a Benadryl and three Tylenol PMs. Is that safe to take? Been yawning all day. But mind is racing and BPM is around 108. I’m praying it’ll put me to sleep. Been up around 36 hours. Slept 6 hours the night before.