• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

What in the hell am I withdrawing from!!!!

ErikEverhard

Bluelighter
Guys ny doctor has me on prozak, buspar, xanax, trezadone. I dabble in pain pills, but I can go few days with them as long as they are not brought up and do a little powder every couple weeks, which I can take or leave.
Anyway the withdrawl symptons I am having is severe tremors, cannot focus, constantly tired, muscle jerks, non stop shaking. I am thinking it has to be either the buspar or xanax. I supposed to be taking 4 1 mg a day xanax which some days I do and some I dont. Same with the buspar. These side effects hit saturday and still have not went away. I took two roxy 10 yesterday to see what would happen, and it helped to a certain degree, but did not stop the side effects completely.
What could this be coming from?

I'm gonna look up a few things quick before I give ya my best educated guess. Off hand I'd say it sounds more like benzo WD. I say that because u said tremors and non stop shaking separate from muscle jerks. I feel like the random "twitchies" (muscle spasm) people get from opioid WD is different then like hands shaking.
While I'm some researching. I got 2 questions. can you elaborate on your opioid used? And how how long have you been taking each med conistatnly?

So Prozac, trezadone and buspar all work at least on some level on seratonin. If your still taking all these at the same time you be showing signs of seratonin syndrome which is life threatening. Like not the little kind of life threatening either. What have you taken since Saturday ?

I'm gonna look up a few things quick before I give ya my best educated guess. Off hand I'd say it sounds more like benzo WD. I say that because u said tremors and non stop shaking separate from muscle jerks. I feel like the random "twitchies" (muscle spasm) people get from opioid WD is different then like hands shaking.
While I'm some researching. I got 2 questions. can you elaborate on your opioid used? And how how long have you been taking each med conistatnly?

Well the xanax I have been on for over 6 months. some days I will take them as prescribed and other days none at all. The opid use is hard to say, for example this past friday I had like 4 perc 10, plus couple hydros,, and saturday around mid day is when all the withdrawl effects hit. So I would least say a year of recreational use for a year. But when I dont have any opids the day after I had some the day before I never have the withdrawl effects like I am describing. So I am sort of leaning toward xanax. The tremors and shaking get so bad it takes me about 30 mins to put my contacts in. Either way if it is from the xanax, man I do not even abuse them and if the wd is this bad, fuck benzos.
Also I am on prozak, tretazone, buspar, and the xanax for bi-polar, manic depression, anxiety attacks, GAD, etc,

So Prozac, trezadone and buspar all work at least on some level on seratonin. If your still taking all these at the same time you be showing signs of seratonin syndrome which is life threatening. Like not the little kind of life threatening either. What have you taken since Saturday ?

Saturday I took nothing but trezadone and prozac. Sunday I took 2 roxy 10s thinking maybe it was opid withdrawl but i still pretty felt the same with the wd's. Today I took my prescribed medicine like I should and the wd's have not been as bad. My family dr when I told him about this a long time ago he said I was developing seratonin syndrome and he stopped everything, but my psychiatrist says it was impossible I had seratonin syndrome.

I've seen my fiend wd my Zany bars and she avgrd like 5 a day for over 6 months. She was a wreck. Most the shit your saying but she couldn't even leave the house. Maybe your just getting a mild form of it (still super shitty) and best bet would be taper. But the SSyndrom can come on quick but I don't know enough about it to be of help. I'm gonna ask my doc about it tomorrow and see what he says. He's a good dude. Don't try to scare ya just tells ya what he's seen and he was a detox doc for 20 years before swirling to outpatient.

I've seen my fiend wd my Zany bars and she avgrd like 5 a day for over 6 months. She was a wreck. Most the shit your saying but she couldn't even leave the house. Maybe your just getting a mild form of it (still super shitty) and best bet would be taper. But the SSyndrom can come on quick but I don't know enough about it to be of help. I'm gonna ask my doc about it tomorrow and see what he says. He's a good dude. Don't try to scare ya just tells ya what he's seen and he was a detox doc for 20 years before swirling to outpatient.

Yes, without a doubt ask him. Mine gets so bad that I stutter when i talk.

Probably Xanax withdrawal. Short half-life means you will get withdrawals after 1 or 2 missed dosea

Probably Xanax withdrawal. Short half-life means you will get withdrawals after 1 or 2 missed dosea

Wow!!!!! That shit felt like hell. Is opiod withdrawl worse? I have always heard that xanax withdrawl like hell and it definitely is.

There are varying degrees of benzo withdrawal. If you didn't even know that it was xanax causing the WD, yours what at the more mild end of the spectrum, but it varies from person to person, etc.
I got WD from insane dosages of flubromazolam a few years ago, and had a bunch of seizures, psychosis, forgot how to talk for a while, spend 3 weeks in hospital etc.
Benzo withdrawal is fucking nasty and can be fatal.
If you're going to have a benzo script and take them as frequently as you obviously do, you should take them in a more measured way (like same dose per day) or things like this can creep up on you.

Wow!!!!! That shit felt like hell. Is opiod withdrawl worse? I have always heard that xanax withdrawl like hell and it definitely is.

IME, benzo WDs are much worse. The physical symptoms aren't as bad, you're not constantly in and out of the bathroom but the psychological symptoms are far worse.

Benzo withdrawal is worse then opiate withdrawal ime.

I really think your doctor should know about these symptoms. Is he/she someone you can talk with openly?

Sounds like benzo withdrawal for sure. Daily benzo use will always cause dependency eventually, which is why I think they're way overprescribed. Benzo withdrawal is something I've never experienced, but by all accounts it's quite long, drawn out, and potentially very dangerous. You should definitely talk to your doctor about it.

There are varying degrees of benzo withdrawal. If you didn't even know that it was xanax causing the WD, yours what at the more mild end of the spectrum, but it varies from person to person, etc.
I got WD from insane dosages of flubromazolam a few years ago, and had a bunch of seizures, psychosis, forgot how to talk for a while, spend 3 weeks in hospital etc.
Benzo withdrawal is fucking nasty and can be fatal.
If you're going to have a benzo script and take them as frequently as you obviously do, you should take them in a more measured way (like same dose per day) or things like this can creep up on you.

That is something that I do not do in that I do not take the same dose each day. I supposed to take 4 mg a day somedays I may just take 1-2. If I did not suffer from severe panic attacks and anxiety I would try to get my psychiatrist to get me off of these things.

Hi, I would talk with your doctor about your situation ASAP. You have a lot going on with all those drugs and very difficult to sort out. You need a plan that will get you off Benzos and then add one of those back in for ONLY the times you have a panic attack. Which means episodic treatment ONLY not daily. The Buspar for your ongoing anxiety is better for that or something like the anti-depressant Lexapro. Lexapro can be used for both your anxiety and take the place of your Prozac and Buspar. Trazadone is usually a good medication for sleep if you have problems with that. However, if you are on the antidepressant, Lexapro, you may not need the Trazadone when you get yourself straightened around. Good luck with all this. Get back to us and tell us what happens.