• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Blue Planet II

CFC

Bluelight Crew
After last year's awesome Planet Earth II, the BBC follows up with a sequel to 2001's The Blue Planet.

It's due out later this year in the UK, and probably early 2018 in the US. Here's the first trailer:

Last edited:
It premieres this week on:

BBC One HD (UK) Sun 29th 8pm;
BBC Earth (Asia) Tues 31st 8pm;
BBC America isn't due to release it in the US until next year though. Cue torrent streaming! :\

Gordon Buchanan's nature docs are pretty sweet too, Not so well directed/edited as the Attenborough ones but nevertheless, worthy of watching, for any nature/biology/ecology-philes.

Agreed, Buchanan has been to almost as many places at Attenborough by now I think ;)

Just saw the first episode. Looked great in HD, some really interesting insights, and some sad global warming realities :(

I can't be the only person here digging this. In fact I'm certain I can't, it's hit the highest ever viewing figures for a nature documentary. Well worth watching even if all you like's weird and wonderful images...

^ OF course not CFC ;) Personally, it's on my list - but will probably not be till Xmas, this one deserves a bit of time dedicated to it imho ...like mass ;)

^ OF course not CFC ;) Personally, it's on my list - but will probably not be till Xmas, this one deserves a bit of time dedicated to it imho ...like mass ;)

Haha ;)

Actually it's one of those things that's well suited to Bluray DVD watching at Xmas to escape the family dramas :)

Haha ;)

Actually it's one of those things that's well suited to Bluray DVD watching at Xmas to escape the family dramas :)

For realz,my pet ;) Im still working through Stranger Things 2 and balancing it out with study and work. Better to be busy than dealing with my dark head, all the same ;)

Obviously, Buchanan can not compare to Attenborough ( Attenborough has the integrity of revealing the evoution of his wisdom and talent by relating his experience of media-related and scientific ignorances - which he has opened up about and is evidenced, by his metamorphosis as a nature commentator and true lover of the planet, biology and all that those domains encompass), One cant compare Buchanan with Attenborough, as its an oil and water scenario but nevertheless, any nature docs are needed to combat this climate-change, anti-science/anti-life, societal denial that is proliferating. Very tragic shit.

Here's a link to the BBCs Naturewatch programme, that spans the 'four' seasons. Simplistic, unhyped nature-show; with fantastic footage of wildlife.
Proxy's aid viewing outside catchment areas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079t1p

Last edited:
Yeah I like Springwatch, Naturewatch etc, although sometimes the presentation style gets a bit tiresome. But there's a lot of real 'on your doorstep' type wildlife to watch and learn about which makes a nice change from seeing exotic creatures that live in the tropics or deep oceans.