• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD topical cream ingestion? Anxiety reasons

Ayo_kayo

Greenlighter
This is my first post on bluelight so sorry if i break any rules (please let me know if i am). I suffer from extreme anxiety and panic attacks. This anxiety stems from having a pretty high heart rate (usally 100 and above bpm just from activities like walking). When i start to notice my heart rate go up i usually have a panic attack which just makes my heart rate go higher. This terrifies me. Usually i would take a benzo to completely kill the anxiety but i do not always have them available. I have done a little research on CBD and how it can help lower your heart rate and blood pressure, ive also tried CBD oil drops and i felt like they worked. Yesterday i had the worst panic attack of my life, It lasted 7 hours. I woke up today feeling fine but my anxiety is kicking in again and i can feel my heart rate rising. This absolutely terrifies me as i have nothing to help calm me down except for some CBD topical cream. I read online that this stuff pretty much is only absorbed into the skin not the bloodstream. I was wondering if i ingested a small amount orally, would it work better? I dont want to have another panic attack today and i would love to know if this would work like how the oil drops seemed to. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated as ive posted something similar on Reddit with no responses yet. Thanks.

I used to suffer from the same thing but I found propranolol to be a much better option than cannabinoids. Why not ask your doctor about taking a beta blocker?

I wouldn't recommend eating a topical cream. Topical creams are designed to be applied to the skin and may contain things that are not good to ingest. If you are going to ingest something, get a product that was designed for ingesting.

Personally, I have found my anxiety much easier to manage since I have had to abstain from cannabis use. Many of my close friends seem to have reported similar stories as well. Some say it helps with anxiety, but some also say that it gives them anxiety or makes it worse. Due to it's federal status, I doubt there have been any clinical trials backing these claims one way or another.

If you want to look for a cannabis alternative anxiety med, try a late-harvested indica high in CBN. You will be high but the more you smoke, the better you will be able to function as the cognitive impairment tends to reduce when your tolerance increases.