• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How to safely take oral morphine sulphate solution.

Wunderbar1990

Greenlighter
I have a good opioid tolerance. I have come upon a bottle of Morphine Sulfate Oral Solution 100mg per 5ml. (20mg/ml) I have a 1ml syringe to use as dose with. I can safely take 80mg hydro or 60 mg Percocet with no issues. How much of this morphine should I take and how should I take it?

Just swallow it or plug it. And there is no way you can take 80 mgs of Hydrocodone at once unless you do a cwe, because even if you have 8 - 10 mg pills the lowest amount of tylenol you can get with Hydrocodone is 325 mg. So if you where to take all 8 at once, that's 2.6 grams of Acetaminophen lol. But take 50-60 mg as a starter dose. And do 10 mg boosters every so often if you don't feel anything from that.

For me oral morphine is about as strong as oral oxycodone. I've heard other people compare oral morphine to the power of hydrocodone but morphine seems stronger to me.

The morphine probably feels stronger because I have built a tolerance specifically to hydro and oxycodone but not morphine. Even though they are all cross tolerant the tolerance doesn't translate perfectly.

So id start out with 30-40mg if I were you. See how you tolerate that and if it's too weak for you then wait until the next day and try 60mg. Or take a 20mg booster and if that doesn't work then wait.

morphine has a terrible oral BA, so your body only absorbs a small amount of what you consume, whereas rectal admin is around 70%.
try it and see, you could make that bottle go a lot longer than where you jjst chugging it.

Hey there OP, I'm hoping we can have a moment here where we "teach a man to fish", as opposed to just giving him fish. It's pretty nifty, as there are oodles of charts and calculators available online that make conversion from one Opioid to another fairly simple and straightforward. I'll include the link here for one such application. This is a good one to start with, as it also includes some basic information regarding making an accurate conversion that can be useful to newer users.

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2138678-overview

So, according to this chart, we can make the approximation that Oral Morphine is approximately 50%-66% the strength of Oral Oxycodone. So, basically, if you're looking to get your proper Morphine dosage based upon your stated tolerance to Oxycodone (60mg), a reasonable place to start would be about 90mg-100mg or ~5ml of your Morphine solution.

^ I wouldn't trust that completely Kief. I can handle 40-50mg of oxy no problem but 80mg of morphine makes me feel very sick.

The only thing conversion charts are good for is making sure the dose you take isn't going to kill you or be extremely underwhelming. There's a grey area in the middle when you are talking about how people react to individual drugs and recreational doses.

There's also incomplete cross-tolerance between opioids which basically means that your brain's opioid receptors do not fully recognize an opioid you are taking for the first time even if you've had other opioids before because, while they are similiar, the binding and pharmacology of oxy/hydro/morph/fent are not identical. Also, different people metabolize the same drug at different rates due to their genetic makeup. I agree with Keif that a conversion chart can give you good idea of about how much to take but since there's so much variability, I wouldn't get hung up on trying to guess the exact right dose, especially since you're definitely not opioid-naive.

Well we are here for harm reduction so taking a dose that doesnt kill you sounds like a good idea, no? Should he just wing it instead and hope for the best?

Well I was saying the morphine might be stronger than you would expect from the conversion charts so he should take a lower dose. So really people should be taking below what the conversion chart calculates to.

But you know what fuck it he should just wing and die, that's what we were suggesting...

Just swallow it or plug it. And there is no way you can take 80 mgs of Hydrocodone at once unless you do a cwe, because even if you have 8 - 10 mg pills the lowest amount of tylenol you can get with Hydrocodone is 325 mg. So if you where to take all 8 at once, that's 2.6 grams of Acetaminophen lol. But take 50-60 mg as a starter dose. And do 10 mg boosters every so often if you don't feel anything from that.
this is so not true ive ate 12 or 15 in a day before