• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Did anyone see the 60 Minutes episode last night?

BeachBum4u

Bluelighter
It dealt with what was called the pharmaceutical's overproduction of opiates. But especially it went into a legislative bill which apparently passed, vastly reducing the DEA's ability to, what they called, their ability to go after narcotic diversion cases. They say their hands are basically tied and they will no longer have the ability to properly investigate and charge drug diversion cases (which to those who aren't familiar with the term, the selling of legal prescription medication illegally, mostly pain pills). In some cases, it's where one may legally obtain more pain medication than they need and they then sell the excess to a dealer. He in turn sells the pills for top dollar to those "on the street" willing and able to pay.

They claim the main (and frankly the only) reason this whole system works is due to the fact that these drugs are over produced. They basically ignore every other factor and say that if the drug companies made less of these medications, the problem would be greatly reduce or eliminated.

I am curious if others saw it and what their thoughts may be on the matter.

No, I didn't watch it. I was very curious because I thought it was going to be someone blowing the whistle ON the DEA.

But when I read the description it sounded more like finger pointing and the DEA bitching that they want even more power than they already have, so I passed...

I know I mentioned this above but the more I think about it, the more appalled I get. They actually believe the entire problem of legal prescriptions getting to street dealers will be eliminated by making drug companies make less. Can they really be that stupid? Don't they realize when there's a will there's a way. That's just how things like that work. And to think we actually pay their salaries! Geez!

less scripts = more heroin use.

show me one example in history where prohibition of a drug didn't result in its use increasing with time

I tried but when I heard the load of bullshit being spewed forth....the combination of frustration with those ignorant cocksuckers & the grains upon grains of Temazepam I was taking (due to my *then* lack of...& now in combination with the devil opioids lol) I literally almost kicked the living shit out of my tv.

Now I love my television dearly, but some of the people on it....especially lately, and especially the ones crying like little bitches about common pain-relievers, or any little micro aggression, make me so mad I have to turn off & tune into some good music or I?ll just blow the damn thing to kingdom come.

Yea...what I did see of it though I?ll say this; FAKE NEWS!
Haha nice try, but wrong again lame-stream liberal media!!

They werent targeting overproduction. They were targeting drug wholesalers who ship rather huge quantities no questions asked. Not saying its really any solution however.

They werent targeting overproduction. They were targeting drug wholesalers who ship rather huge quantities no questions asked. Not saying its really any solution however.

You may very well be correct in what you're saying regarding certain drug wholesalers but I watched the entire episode and I do not recall that angle being addressed. It really seemed like they were saying that if the drug companies would make less, we would have less problems. Which, in and of itself, is awfully absurd. IMHO.
The real problem(s) is much more complex than that.

No, I didn't watch it. I was very curious because I thought it was going to be someone blowing the whistle ON the DEA.

But when I read the description it sounded more like finger pointing and the DEA bitching that they want even more power than they already have, so I passed...

That is exactly what is going on. DEA failed now they are finger pointing.