• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tapering Phenibut - A few questions

Rantanplan

Bluelighter
Hello there,

I want to quit my Phenibut habit, that I am using for about 4.5 months now. Started with 250mg a single dose, kept this for a while and then went up. The last two weeks I took around ~1.5g at midday and ~2g at 6pm or around 7pm. Problem was in the last to weeks that my scale had broke and I have to wait until a new arrived. So I used the scope to measure the Phenibut.

So here are my questions:
  1. I am trying today to only use a single dose. Some say splitting in two doses is better, some say to stick on one dose. What is better in your opinion?
  2. Is it better to drop every day 100mg or is it better to drop every 3 days 300mg?
  3. At the beginning I mixed Phenibut with Natriumbicarbonate. But in the last 3 weeks not, because the Phenibut feels subjective stronger without. Is this correct? (But I will use anyway with Natriumbicarbonate now, because my pee is to acidly.) If it is really weaker with, how much more do I have use? 10%, 20%?
  4. I took today 3g of Piracetam. Subjective it combats the withdrawal a little bit. Could this be?
  5. I have also 3meo-PCE what keeps all kind of withdrawal in the background. Is it wise to use it? Or makes you just not "feel" the withdrawal but you have it. Would be bad because of seizures.
  6. Also I have here Magnesia, Vitamins, Ashweganda, Ginko, Valerian Root, Moringa Orleifera. What else can you suggest?
  7. Sometimes I tried plugging Phenibut/Natriumbicarbonate but even in a dosage around 600mg I felt nothing. How can this be? (I used to plug other drugs in the past with success)
  8. What is the difference between Phenibut B-Phenyl-G-Aminobutyric Acid and Phenibut ß-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid? Normally I am using B-Phenyl-G-Aminobutyric Acid from P**e L**s, but I also bought ß-phenyl-y-Aminobutyric acid from Re***ge Nu****ion now (just found it two weeks ago) because it was way cheaper 200g for 1/3 more than the 100g.

Atm withdrawals are not so bad. Just constant head sweating. Yesterday (scale arrived) I took 1200mg at 1pm and 1500mg at 7pm and another 550mg at 10pm because of constant sweating. But this time with Natriumbicarbonate which feels weaker. I do not know if its good to wait until 6pm for my first 2000mg dosage (with Natriumbicarbonate) because it takes around 3 hours to fully kick in.

Edit: I am also addicted to Kratom (8-12g/day) because of my chronic back pain. Which I am also trying to reduce now, to get back to 2.75g. But this is not so important than the Phenibut problem.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Strangly suddenly I am feeling "great" now. No sweating anymore and a quite good feeling.
I took 8g of Kratom, 3g of Curcuma, 2g Ashweganda, 3g Ginko, 3 doses Magnesia, fish oil,Choline and 3g Piracteam about 3 hours ago and now I feel fine. How can this be? Is this combination a break through?
Note: The Kratom dose was my minimal dose.

Head sweating is back now, but not so bad as before. Took another 2.4g Piracteam, about 45min ago. Seems that Piracteam is a key component.
I totally skipped my midday dosage and for that it is not bad.

Should I take my first dosage (2g) at 6pm or should I wait until 8pm if it is manageabele?

Edit: I would like to mention also, that I have taken the Piracteam with 2g of Choline.

Last edited:
Again not sweating anymore. So I am pritty sure that Piracteam combats the withdrawal. Now I am considering to take less Phenibut than I have planned. I have 250 x 1.2g pills of Piracteam here so I have enough supply, beside my 290g Phenibut.

So the general question is now, if Piracteam helps really with the taper, should I speed up my taper plan? Eg, cutting down 150-200mg/day instead of 100?

Umm ive never used Phenibut could you give a brief summary of what its pay offs are like? For example its highs and lows and usages with prescription Anchorage.

Hi zahal,
will do after I am back from shopping, which will take an hour...

I really want to use H for the fun of it. Its the only sentence I haven't seen. Help.
I do not understand what you are trying to say honestly. You wanna try Heroin?

About your other question Phenibut is primaly good for:
  • combat social anxiety
  • restful sleep
  • combat muscle tension
  • relaxtion
  • alcohol withdrawal

----------------------------

So it is now 7pm, and I think I will intake my first Phenibut dosage. Because I am feeling not bad atm. (only a upcoming muscle tension) I will try just to take 1900mg with Natriumbicarbonate of course.
After that, another dosage of Choline and Piracetam and after that Magnesia, Vitamins, Ashweganda, Ginko, Valerian Root, Moringa Orleifera.

I really hope someone can answer my questions in the first post.

No withdrawals, but no feel to sleep what would be normal. But anyway, I think if I have no withdrawals with 1900mg, than the dosage was okay. I hope this would hold for 24 hours. If I feel alright in 24 hours, I will cut my dosage again. If not I will stay there for another day or two. But from 3.5g to 1.9g is a good success for the first step. Now I will go not so fast, somewhere is the line where the body needs time to adjust. And I think I am reaching it now. Plus what I have read now somewhere is, that cutting the dosage with to 2g is no real problem, but depends on the user...

Can anybody help me out with the questions in the first post?

What works for me is filling a half-liter bottle with water and add 5 times your daily dose to it. Drink 100 ml every day and refill with tap-water. This way your dose decreases with 20% a day which is, in my experience, very doable.
All the supplements you are using never did much for me.
Remember that part of the withdrawal is also your 'normal' thoughtpatterns reemerging. This is how you think when you are not high on phenibut all the time. Nasty, I know...

Nobody answers to any of my questions :(
Did I post in the wrong forum? Or are my questions to special?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, not feeling tired. Maybe 1.9g was not much enough. Taking 0.5mg Aplrazolam now, because I must sleep and I do not want to take another hit of Phenibut. Sure not the best option, but I have to sleep because of studying. Tomorrow I will make more sports (only 12km bicycle today) hope this will compensate it...

What works for me is filling a half-liter bottle with water and add 5 times your daily dose to it. Drink 100 ml every day and refill with tap-water. This way your dose decreases with 20% a day which is, in my experience, very doable.
All the supplements you are using never did much for me.
Remember that part of the withdrawal is also your 'normal' thoughtpatterns reemerging. This is how you think when you are not high on phenibut all the time. Nasty, I know...
Hi Vazkor,
while I was writing you posted this answer :)
Hmm, this seems a way to do. But the question is now, how is this better than using a precise scale? Also 20% a day seems quite a lot, if you are on 2g/day, aren't it?
What are your experience to make this suggestion?

Last edited:
Well... I tried this myself a few times...
I also tried with 10% a day reduction. It didn't make any difference in how I felt with a 20% a day reduction.
Scale is more work. Also, you must calculate your dosages and remember what you took (what this drug makes you notoriously bad at...)
You can taper with your scale like this: 4000 - 3200 - 2560 - 2048 - 1638 - 1310 - 1048 as your dosages for the first week tapering down from 4 grams.
And yes, you taper down from 4 to 1 gram in only one week. Seems fast, but again, is quite doable for this particular drug.
Still too scared? Take a litre bottle, put 10 times your daily dose in it, take 100ml every day & refill with water. Then you taper 10% a day. If you think it will be more doable then, why not?
If you take some more phenibut to celibrate your taper is going so well, you can almost restart the whole taper. Don't do this.

And much luck,

Vazkor

Thanks Vazkor! =D
This makes a good sense. Especially, after a little bit rethinking. Yes you do not look into numbers. You have just this bottle. May be it will trick your mind also, so that your subconsciousness does not think you are reducing the dosage.
I really make a deep thought about your suggestion tonight. After that night, I think I will try your suggestion for 95%. It is really worth a try. Because - what I mostly hope - it will trick out your subconsciousness, what is always a big matter while drug taking...

Also it seems: While you did tapering the drug, you take your dosage only once a day - right? If prefer it at the late evening, because of the incoming sleep feel. Do you did it the same way?

Early evening for me, once a day. Because of the long time it takes to start working, I thought it would be best to take it earlier on the evening to help sleep. Was more convenient for me to take at that time as well.

Hmm after taking the dosage at 6/7pm, I could sleep easily until 11am or longer if I take Phenibut. May be it would be better to take the Phenibut at 4pm ord 4:30pm instead of 7pm. But I have eaten a self-made chicken soup now, so I have to wait for two hours. I also looked into the kitchen. I have no measuring cup atm, to measure the 100ml properly. Later I will go out for shopping. May be I can find a cheap one in the super market.

Edit: At 5:20pm I took 1850mg Phenibut. Because I dropped yesterday from 3.5g to 1.9g and I think I will give my body that day to adjust. Also I do not want to use Aplrazolam (Xanax) again to get no tolerance etc. Later I will take a long walk (after shopping and acquiring a measure cup) ~10 KM in the nature. The only nagging thing is I have to be functional so that I must get my sleep. If I would have not this "problem" I would have taken only ~1600mg Phenibut.
At 1pm I took my daily Kratom dosage. But I cut it down from 8g to 6.5g with some Curcuma and Black Pepper.

Last edited:
You can also just put a glass on scales. Fill the glass till the scales says 100 grams (100 ml = 100 grams), notice how full the glass is. Now fill the glass just as full with your phenibut mixture. Drink it, etc...

Added to this.: I would keep your kratom usage the same. Trying to beat two addictions at the same time usually lowers your chances of succes...

Kratom helps the physical effects of withdrawl but not the all of the mental like the fear and other psychotic symptoms. Imo Kratom really complicates the withdrawls.