• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Diversion programs for drug possession around the world.

Boku_

Bluelighter
Do any Bluelighters have any experiences of being busted for possessing small amounts of drugs like Ice or heroin? When busted did the cops threaten to throw the book at you and hold you back at the police station cells overnight for 24 hours?

Were the cops real cowboys and tried to intimidate you in to rating out your dealer telling you that you would get into heaps of trouble for being caught with Ice or Heroin and unless you inform on your source you will be charged and convicted of a serious drug charge that will go on your permanent criminal record therefore ruining your future and potentiality job opportunities when in fact most drug users busted in my home state of Victoria Australia will likely face court at a later date and be able to request from the judge to be placed on a Diversion program. Don't most western countries have diversion programs for drug users caught with small amounts of illegal drugs.

From what i've read online being placed on a diversion program for drugs in the state of Victoria Australia isn't that serious a thing and all it includes is being required to attend drug counselling. There isn't even mandatory drug testing to pass like in the USA and unlike the states a Australian judge can't force you to attend compulsory rehab for the drugs you were caught possessing and/or using.

Is it true that you can be ordered to attend meetings of 12 step programs like Narcotics Anonymous?

I am open to reading about any drug users experiences of the legal process after being busted for drug possession in any of the states in Australia or even Bluelighters who reside outside of Australia but have experienced the legal consequences and legal process of being busted for possession.

If it is under 2 grams it is not a trafficable offence and just an appearance in the magistrates court for possession. You don't have to give up your source for lesser penalties. The possession charge will go on your criminal record. The police should not be able to keep you for 24 hours. A lawyer can be requested. In SA at least there is a drugs court I am not sure about counselling after that. But after being arrested you do have to go to one counselling session about the drugs you were caught with.

Possession of what?

In FL poss of marijuana under 20'gr is a misdemeanor. Over 20gr up to 25 pounds is a felony and over 25 pounds is trafficking. Of course, anything that is packaged for what looks like sale and the charge is possession with intent so it really all depends.

any other substance..coke heroin, oxy, benzos are all felonies of various degrees depending on weight and it doesn't take much to get to trafficking weight especially for pills because the entire weight of the pill is considered. So for oxycodone trafficking is 4 grams so only takes about 6 blues to get to trafficking.

Most likely a first offense will land you in drug court, our version of a diversion plan and it's fairly successful.

Possession of ice. Under 2 grams is possession and that is the same with heroin and cocaine I think.

Posession of oxy and benzos is just a magistrates court appearance for possession of a prescription drug without a script. This obviously depends on the amount.