• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

cravings

tryingMoM

Greenlighter
Hello! I have been "lurking" for a bit & now it's time to join in. My story is a bit long so apologies ahead of time. Back in 2015 I had some dental issues and was prescribed Norco on & off. Fast forward to January 2016. My son, a scout sniper, separated from the Military after 3 deployments & 5 years active duty. There were some adjustment issues and those pills sure made things easier to bear (my son is doing very well now). June 2016 my beloved sister who had been battling breast cancer for 15 years was told there was nothing more that could be done for her. On my days off work I cared for her. She lost her battle with breast cancer on August 26, 2016. Another reason to get lost in the Norco. I took off enough time for the wake & funeral then back to work. In September my father entered the hospital then a rehab facility. My 3 siblings & myself packed up & sold both my father's & sister's homes in 1 month. Needless to say I found those pills very comforting. In February 2017 I did my first withdrawal & made it 10 days. I am now on day 7 of my 4th withdrawal. While the withdrawals were no where near as bad as my first these cravings are killing me. I confessed all to my husband the first time but am too embarrassed to tell him about the other 3 including now. These cravings are what do me in. I have started 30 minutes of cardio daily & am back @ work (could only take off 3 days). Still some stomach issues but nothing major and I am able to eat. Teribble headache. I am experiencing very mild withdrawals on & off throughout the day, annoying but doable. I am fighting thru to continue as "normal" a life as possible but also realize this is bigger than me. I am planning my first meeting next week. Just looking for suggestions on the cravings. Thanx!

Hi welcome to bluelight. The cravings you are experiencing are common and normal. I was never physically addicted to opiates and it's been 15 years since I used any opiates of any kind and I still sometimes get random cravings for them or dream about them; but I don't take any or act upon these cravings.

You may find this thread to be extremely helpful:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/630868-Craving-thread-–-v-Hold-On

Exercising is extremely helpful, good luck.

meditation, yoga, hobbies - i find video-games help a lot
do you play PS4 by any chance? Destiny 2? i'd happily play with you if you wanna take your mind of nopeiates and also be thoroughly crushed by my cat like reflexes ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
ahah all jokes aside ps4 helps me immensely