• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How many mgs of Oxycodone would be equal to Tramadol 500 mg?

Irina

Greenlighter
Is Oxycodone a way stronger than Tramadol?
How many mg will be equal to Tram 500 mg?

Thank you.

Hey there Irina and a belated welcome to Bluelight! We're always happy to have new blood on the forums. Part of what makes Bluelight such a great resource is that we all try our best to become good researchers. We all start from somewhere (nothing) and have taken the necessary time to educate ourselves. I mention this because the answer to your question is actually answered quite simply and easily.

https://www4.cbs.state.or.us/ex/wcd/opioids/?med=6&dosage=1

This is a link to something called an Opioid Conversion Calculator. It's a great tool that does pretty much what the name says. Simply buy using Google with the terms "Oxycodone/Tramadol Conversion" will bring you to the above stated application.

To answer your question, 1mg of Oxycodone is equal to 7.5mg Tramadol if taken by the oral route. 500mg Tramadol is equal to approximately 66mg Oxycodone.

You need to be aware though, that Tramadol carries with it side-effects related to its SNRI activity that you should be aware of.

Thanks a lot, bro.
I didn't know about the calculator. Interesting.
But is the effect the same? Or is oxy more similar to actual opiate high?

What are the main SNRI side effects? I didn't research much of that.. but really consider Tramadol to be toxic..

Oxy will be more of the traditional opiate high/euphoria for most people.

Even at equivalent doses on the conversion charts (which I believe measures actual analgesic effects rather than recreational effects) oxy will provide the classic opiate high in a way that tramadol will likely not.

Thanks a lot, bro.
I didn't know about the calculator. Interesting.
But is the effect the same? Or is oxy more similar to actual opiate high?

What are the main SNRI side effects? I didn't research much of that.. but really consider Tramadol to be toxic..

Not sure if it's because of the SNIR effects but, recreational doses of tramadol can cause seizures (starting at just 150mg for some people depending on tolerance, etc). I do know that the SNIR effect causes withdrawal to have more symptoms than normal opiate withdrawal, it's like opiate and antidepressant withdrawal at the same time.

Opioid conversion calculators are a very good resource, but they tend to differ on some conversions and most are designed to compare analgesic effects rather than how high they get you. 66mg of Oxy sounds a bit too high to me and 10-15mg sounds too low. I would say 40-50mg, but even at lower doses Oxy should feel much better. Oxy is a great opiate but be careful it's very strong and one of the most addictive opioids on the market. Even if you're tolerant to such a high dose of tramadol don't take the equivalent dose of Oxy your first time, if you're new to Oxy start with 15mg(max) and work your way up from there.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you wanna know? It's a bit alarming that you want such a high dosage of tramadol converted (even with a tolerance that amount could cause a seizure.) I'm not trying to judge you or anything, I just want to make sure you're aware of the danger of high dosages.

If you don't want to make such a drastic switch, you could try codeine. It's about the same strength as tramadol mg per mg, you don't have the seizure risk (500mg of codeine still isn't healthy but it should be safer than tramadol) and codeine will give a natural opiate high.

This would also depend a lot on your genetics. You might be one of those people who don't get much of an opioid effect out of tramadol. Personally, I feel like there is no way 100mg of tramadol = 10mg of oxycodone. Unfortunately if you need the answer to this question you can only answer it properly yourself I think, because none of us know how you metabolize tramadol.

I used to know someone who's DOC was codeine because of their metabolism, out of all the different opioids they had tried.

The problem with this question is that Tramadol itself isn't responsible for the most of the actual opioid effects when you ingest a Tramadol pill. It's it's metabolite: o-desmethyltramadol. Rates of conversion to this metabolite vary wildely amongst individuals hence why a lot of people find Tramadol shit whilst others (like me) find it amazing. Personally it's a lot more euphoric, pleasant and recreational than oxycodone. And that's at 250mg Tramadol, which will have me in euphoric bliss all day.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you wanna know? It's a bit alarming that you want such a high dosage of tramadol converted (even with a tolerance that amount could cause a seizure.) I'm not trying to judge you or anything, I just want to make sure you're aware of the danger of high dosages.

If you don't want to make such a drastic switch, you could try codeine. It's about the same strength as tramadol mg per mg, you don't have the seizure risk (500mg of codeine still isn't healthy but it should be safer than tramadol) and codeine will give a natural opiate high.

I came to 500 mg after some time, but I plan on coming back to 400 mg. Because 500 has a deteriorating effect on organs.
I agree it's too much, thanks for support.
We don't have pure codeine, only in pills mixed with some shit.
I would like to TRY Oxy at least. But I see the prices on Oxy are way too high. I thought Tramadol was expensive even here, but Oxy made me feel like Tram is cheap actually!)))
And as far as it is too expensive I wanted to figure out first, how much would I actually need for at least one high??

And I do tramadol just because there's nothing else here. I don't like it for its nasty taste and toxicity.

Last edited:
The amount you would need depends on you personally. Also even if codeine is in a combination pill you can still use a cold water extract (CWE) to get the other shit out. Cold water extracts are really easy to do and theirs quite a bit of info out there on how to do it properly.

Oxy will be more of the traditional opiate high/euphoria for most people.

Even at equivalent doses on the conversion charts (which I believe measures actual analgesic effects rather than recreational effects) oxy will provide the classic opiate high in a way that tramadol will likely not.

Exactly.

Ime 10-15mg oxy=500mg tramadol
I find tramadol quite rubbish, way too weak

I agree. I had quit all opiates from 6-8 months in the past, and had Tramadol IV administered, it was like Tylenol for me. It didn't help me at all. I remembered having 100 mg IV'd every 6 hours and nothing. Had a prescription for pills, and I took huge amounts and still didn't feel anything, which was quite irresponsible as I could have had seizures.

I have now come off of opiates and benzos for more than 2 and half years, and should I need to make a surgery, that (tramadol) is the only drug they will prescribe to me. Only if I need any sort of painkiller, this is the roof, so to speak as they won't make me eager to relapse. I don't plan to be hospitalized and don't want to take anything to jeopardize my sobriety.

We are all very different, my wife had to take Tramadol when she was on labor and it knocked her out. Go figure. :/

Exactly.

I agree. I had quit all opiates from 6-8 months in the past, and had Tramadol IV administered, it was like Tylenol for me. It didn't help me at all. I remembered having 100 mg IV'd every 6 hours and nothing. Had a prescription for pills, and I took huge amounts and still didn't feel anything, which was quite irresponsible as I could have had seizures.

I have now come off of opiates and benzos for more than 2 and half years, and should I need to make a surgery, that (tramadol) is the only drug they will prescribe to me. Only if I need any sort of painkiller, this is the roof, so to speak as they won't make me eager to relapse. I don't plan to be hospitalized and don't want to take anything to jeopardize my sobriety.

We are all very different, my wife had to take Tramadol when she was on labor and it knocked her out. Go figure. :/

I completely agree with your statement...
I have had similar to exact experience with Tramadol, in my book it's as useful as advil, but that may have something to do with my tolerance to many opioids, I used Hydrocodone, percocet, oxycodone, oxycontin, roxycontin/codone for so many years that they quit working for me, i moved on to Methadone, dilaudid, fentanyl until i switched to Poppy Seed/Pod Tea since that was much cheaper to keep me well. Fast forward 14 years I'm currently on Suboxone Sublingual Films 8mg(Bupreneorphine)/2mg(naloxone) after quitting Heroin Powder(white) and Tar(brown) with Subutex tablets.

Tramadol in my experience is no better than neproxen sodium for those of us that have high Opiate tolerances, maybe our pain tolerances go down with opiate use for whatever reason.